NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
darksnowman

Epic Mickey 3DS: Power of Illusion (Nov 23rd)

The French NMS, who brought us such classics as a breaking story about Red Steel 3 :indeed:, are teasing that a Mickey Mouse "Illusion series" game is going to hit the 3DS. Apparently it will compliment the console versions, will have 2D elements and is set to be officially revealed next week.

La présentation d'Epic Mickey 2 aura lieu la semaine prochaine. Une version 3DS, Power of Illusion, plus "classique" en 2D est aussi prévue.
Edited by Grazza

Outstanding if true. I loved the classic 2D Mickey games, they are so much better than Epic Mickey.

Castle of Illusion was one of the very first games I played on the Mega Drive (borrowed the game from a neighbour). I have very fond memories of that indeed.

There's a video up on the front page of Gametrailers saying...

This Thursday, GTTV is at Juntion Point with special guest Warren Spector, And you're not going to want to miss what he shows off!

Hmm... wonder if it might turn out to be this?... or Epic Mickey 2, or something else?

Could be interesting.

I was hoping for something new, but if this rumoured 3DS iteration brings plenty of new gameplay into the mix, I'll be more than happy.

I''m just hoping it won't be for the Wii though...

Edited by Fused King

ah nice, I shall look forward to this, btw I've yet to play Epic Mickey.

If anyone other than Capcom (or former COI/WOI Capcom staff) is making this game, I'm not interested.

ah nice, I shall look forward to this, btw I've yet to play Epic Mickey.

Don't. It's garbage.

Don't. It's garbage.

I wouldn't go that far. The game had its problems but it still had some great highlights. The 2D sections of the game are fantastic and some of the music in the game is great. It's easily worth picking up for the £10 that it usually sells for now.

Admittedly, Epic Mickey isn't up there with the Mario Galaxy games but its still a very good game in its own right. They dug into Disney history and tried to make the game as full of meaning and Mickey Mouse lore as they could. You can tell that they had a grander vision for it than what they pulled off but thats not to say Epic Mickey is a waste of space.

You have to battle the camera alot but people love Banjo-Kazooie/ Tooie and its camera is horrible. Atleast in this potential 3DS sidescroller the camera won't be an issue. :hehe:

It's also confirmed to be developed by DreamRift (Developers of Monster Tale and Henry Hatsworth)

Not sure if want. Their games have had creative concepts, but mediocre execution (particularly, platformer level design is not their forte)

It can't be worse than any of the other Illusion games.

Except Land of Illusion. I really liked that one.

It can't be worse than any of the other Illusion games.

Except Land of Illusion. I really liked that one.

>not liking World of Illusion

Get the hell out of here. I fucking loved that game, the music was absolutely awesome as well.

World of Illusion looked amazing, but it wasn't that much fun to play and the level design was pretty boring.

Perfect for DreamRift, in other words. :p

Henry Hatsworth isn't bad, come on. Ok, the levels go on and on and on but it was a good game with some good ideas, yeah? I admit they don't seem best suited to working on a Mickey Mouse game though...

And if Power of Illusion has been outsourced, then... err... that means there have been 700 odd people working on Epic Mickey 2 for consoles? Crazy.

Henry Hatsworth is one of the most overrated games I've ever played. Just didn't like it at all!!

World of Illusion as in, the one starring Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck?

Such a lovely game.

And if Power of Illusion has been outsourced, then... err... that means there have been 700 odd people working on Epic Mickey 2 for consoles? Crazy.

About 160 'core' staff at Junction Point for Epic Mickey 2 Wii. The HD port has been handed to Blitz Games, acclaimed for such greats as The Biggest Loser and Puss in Boots.

Henry Hatsworth is one of the most overrated games I've ever played. Just didn't like it at all!!

These first details sounds freaking amazing.

Power of Illusion is being put together by DreamRift, the studio behind 2011's Monster Tale for the Nintendo DS. The game, which is its own side-scrolling, platforming title (instead of a mere port of The Power of Two), is a follow-up to Epic Mickey, but more interestingly, it's also a follow-up to Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse, a 1990 game for the Sega Genesis!

Power of Illusion will make heavy use of the Nintendo 3DS's stylus. By tapping the item icons exist in every level, you'll be able to "paint" (trace) those items into existence, including cliffs, cannons, and floating platforms. The more precisely you trace, the better for Mickey. A flawlessly-painted canon will only damage Mickey's enemies, for instance, but if you mess up the painting, the canon will be a danger to everyone in the area.

Sometimes you'll need to erase objects, which is done by spreading thinner. Again, the stylus comes into play here.

The hand-drawn sprites in Power of Illusion are extremely compelling, and, thanks to scrolling parallax backgrounds (a heavily-used graphic technique in the days of 16-bit gaming), reportedly look great in sterescopic 3D. Even better, every level in the game is based on an animated Disney adventure, from "Sleeping Beauty" to "Tangled" and lots in between.

As a final declaration of oldschool love, every character that Mickey saves in Power of Illusion will take up residence in the fortress that Mickey uses as his home base, a confirmed nod to the esteemed Suikoden RPG series. Sometimes you find references in the unlikeliest of places, but that's part of what makes video games fun. Right?

There's no release date set for Power of Illusion (Fall 2012 is a general target), but expect lots more information on this game as the weeks march on like Mouseketeers.

other details include

-The witch from Snow white is the main villain again

-There will be worlds from all eras of Disney, From Peter Pan to Tangled

-Scrooge Mcduck is in the game

-Characters you 'save' will appear in a fort of sort that acts as a HUB when you progress on, like Scrooge McDuck or Peter pan will be in it and decorate the fort.

-Oswald will be in it along with Minnie

Having Scrooge Mcduck in it is an instant win. :D

You can't go wrong with the guys behind Monster Tale and Henry Hatsworth I tell you!

Sign in to follow this