NEurope
Dog-amoto

The Walking Dead

I personally wasn't impressed with Michonne's story. It was nice, but that was all it was.

12 June they'll reveal the releasedate (somewhere in Autumn) and more info for season 3. Robert Kirkman himself said Clementine would return, htough the way he worded it made it sound like she wasn't the protagonist. I also vaguely recall rumours that it would be set some years after season 2, which would make it set after all known stories in the walking dead universe.. But I'm not sure if I really read that somewhere as a rumour or as some fan wishful thinking / speculation. Anyway, we'll know in a few days.

Edited by Sméagol

Some more (no real spoilers) screens for the new game.

WD3-poster.jpg

Slaughterhouse-1920x1080.jpg

Clem-BabyAJ-1920x1080.jpg

Junkyard-1920x1080.jpg

Here's some info taken from the Official TellTale Website

In celebration of San Diego Comic Con this week, Telltale joined our friends at Skybound Entertainment live on stage to discuss a few more details on our upcoming season of The Walking Dead.

Eagle-eyed fans will recognize that the poster revealed today is an homage to the original poster for The Walking Dead when the concept was first shown at SDCC in 2011. In contrast to the original, Clem is no longer being protected, and stands shoulder to shoulder with mysterious newcomer Javier. We’ll be sharing some details later this summer on how you may be able to get your hands on a special limited-edition run of this poster.

The Walking Dead’s Creative Director Dennis Lenart from Telltale was joined by Melissa Hutchison (voice of Clementine) to share a few more details about the upcoming season, and tried their best not to spoil the story that’s yet to come.

What they could share was your first new look at the season since it was revealed at E3 last month. In this first shot, you’ll see Javier and Clementine making their way through a walker-infested slaughterhouse. Remember, you’ll be playing as both characters, although you may not be playing each character within the same frame of time...

Another unique aspect of this third season is that while it absolutely continues the story of the previous two seasons, it also serves as a new entry point for fans who’ve yet to be caught up to speed. Players starting with this third season will be introduced to young survivor AJ, who fans will recognize as the son of Rebecca from Season Two – and we can confirm that he will be making an appearance in this season as well. So players who are new to the series will have a chance to learn more about Clementine’s backstory, while at the same time, those who have played previous seasons will have a story that’s uniquely tailored to the diverging paths they’ve taken in the past.

Lenart also discussed the importance of playing as Javier, and how the team was able to create a character without any prior relationship with Clementine. This will provide an interesting opportunity for players to meet a character they may have helped shape. They’ll also have a chance to play as a survivor fresh to the series, who is currently struggling to keep his family together in the face of the undead apocalypse.

Looking for more details on our upcoming third season? Stay tuned right here for more news as it happens, as we gear up towards the premiere coming later this fall!

I'm interested to see how they're going to tie-in th events at the end of Season 2 to the start of this.

After not having playing on this (Season One) for a good while, I put it back on last night for a bit.

the part where you leave the motel and come across the train.

I can quite easily say that this game is the best narrative driven game I've ever played... no game has drawn me into caring about the characters as much as this has!

Very much looking forward to this. I'll be waiting for all the episodes to be released before buying it though. I prefer to play through the lot of them in one go, rather than waiting months between releases.

Excellent, i'll hold out until the entire series is released before venturing back.

Hmm, it appears they're releasing the first two episodes on 20-12.

Edit:

Preview (Javier's introduction):

Edited by Sméagol

The trailer features a character from the show, and I presume the comics as well.

I picked up Season 3 over the weekend and have nearly finished it. I should have had it finished yesterday but for some reason the PSN version was delayed until early hours this morning and I only managed to download it and finish a few chapters of the final episodes, before shooting off to work.

The game has been great and continues my love of the series and Telltale games in general. Surprisingly, I have had zero bugs or issues with the game. Granted, it could all go pear shaped with the final 2 chapters I have to play but from episode 1 all the way to 4 I have had no issues.

The first 2 episodes were fantastic. There were a couple of moments where I was like this.

giphy.gif

No kidding, at one point I sat with my mouth open for a while, just completely shocked at what I had seen happen. Great stuff. :grin:

Coincidentally I downloaded Season 2 a couple of days ago. :D

It's been some time since I've played a Telltale game. Can't wait to give it a go later tonight :)

I love 1 and 2 and have been waiting ages for 3. Is all of it out yet? I couldn't stand the idea of waiting months for the next episode and would rather play it in one big go.

I also have the Michonne game to play, too.

Hope they don't take so long over season 4!

I love 1 and 2 and have been waiting ages for 3. Is all of it out yet? I couldn't stand the idea of waiting months for the next episode and would rather play it in one big go.

I also have the Michonne game to play, too.

Hope they don't take so long over season 4!

Season 3 has just finished (yesterday I believe), and you can get a discount on Telltale's own site (don't know about other retailers).

I haven't played a single episode.

Season 3 has just finished (yesterday I believe), and you can get a discount on Telltale's own site (don't know about other retailers).

I haven't played a single episode.

Hmm, £15.99. Worth it, @Hero\-of\-Time?

Hmm, £15.99. Worth it, @Hero\-of\-Time?

Absolutely.

I finished the game as soon as I got home. Loved it to bits. Each of the WD series have moments that blow me away and this one wasn't any different.

I had a bit of back and forth texting with one of mates during the day. He sat and played the thing in practically a single sitting and kept telling me what choices he made. We both ended up getting different endings, so it's been great speaking to each other to see what choices we made that were different from one another.

Absolutely.

I finished the game as soon as I got home. Loved it to bits. Each of the WD series have moments that blow me away and this one wasn't any different.

I had a bit of back and forth texting with one of mates during the day. He sat and played the thing in practically a single sitting and kept telling me what choices he made. We both ended up getting different endings, so it's been great speaking to each other to see what choices we made that were different from one another.

You didn't encounter the import bug / corrupted season 2 save?

That's the reason I never touched the game after the first attempt.

You didn't encounter the import bug / corrupted season 2 save?

That's the reason I never touched the game after the first attempt.

Nah. Never even heard of it. I always play these once every episode is out so I imagine most bugs have been fixed by then.

Ok coincidentally I'm at the last chapter of the first game. Very good. Destroying my PS3 backlog, otherwise if go straight into s2 on PS4. Didn't even realise the third was out.

Anyone tried the iPad versions of these games?

Absolutely.

Bought it! :grin:

Looking forward to playing it with @Eenuh when she is back in the country.

I just hope that they've already started work on season 4. Waiting for 3 after 2 was just torture!

Bought it! :grin:

Looking forward to playing it with @Eenuh when she is back in the country.

I just hope that they've already started work on season 4. Waiting for 3 after 2 was just torture!

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood.

I look forward top seeing what choices you make and what ending you get.

As soon as Clementine met Sam I thought: "No, the game better not pull some shit on me now."

I'm really sensitive when it comes to dogs (unless they are one of those tiny, annoying kind).

Why oh why did it have to be like this :(

I killed Sam...he was suffering. And I shed a lot of tears. Not ashamed to admit :(

Off to a great start...

I barely care at this point, I even haven't started season 3 yet, but: this is getting a 4th and final season.

Batman is also getting a new season, and shocker! :o so is The wolf among us!

• Like 1

Really happy about more The Wolf Among Us. :D

It might be time to start Michonne and Season 3 today. It's there, waiting for me to play it. Can't be arsed doing anything strenuous today, so may just crack on with it.

Started Season 3 yesterday.

Spoiler

Fucking loved the opening sequence. So good. Loved the whole episode, in fact. :D

Clementine is cooooooold.

7 minutes ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

Started Season 3 yesterday.

Ep1 spoilers (Hide contents)

Fucking loved the opening sequence. So good. Loved the whole episode, in fact. :D

Clementine is cooooooold.

Glad you've finally started it! Did you finish the whole of the first episode yet? Dat ending....

• Like 1