NEurope
Dog-amoto

The Walking Dead

Season one and two are currently for sale (23€ total). Are they worth the price?

And do I need to know anything about the TV series? :wtf:

Depends on what system.. If I had an X-box, I would be all over that Telltale collection which contains their 5 latest games, and was on sale for $ 50,- I believe (but I don't know if that deal's still going on).

I think they're worth it, but be prepared for an interactive story rather than a game. Some people (including me) had higher expectations of what you can do in the game, and how much you can influence it. That said, it's still a great story.

And no, you won't miss anything if you're not familiar with the comics (or TV series, but the game is more connected to the comics). There are some familiar characters and locations in season 1, but the story is completely original, and the familiar characters aren't in it for long. If you've read the comics you know what happens to them after their role in the game, that's all. Season 2 doesn't have any familiar characters as far as I know.

Edited by Sméagol

Played Episode 2 yesterday.

Dat Showdown.

Dat block-on-his-head death.

Dat I-have-no-legs moment.

Dat impale-him-with-a-pitchfork-oh-no-Clementine-was-watching moment.

Dat everything.

Absolutely fantastic. Loved the final moments of that episode, too. :D

Season One completed.

Somebody hold me, brah. Just...so unbelievably good. Excited to start Season Two and I hear that Season Three is in the works. Moaaaaar.

Season One completed.

Somebody hold me, brah. Just...so unbelievably good. Excited to start Season Two and I hear that Season Three is in the works. Moaaaaar.

What was your favourite episode? And who sided with you in Chapter 5?

Season 1 really was a special game...I remember being floored by how astonishingly good episode 2 and 4 were (especially the former!) and the ending was truly heartbreaking.

Season 2 is pretty great too! Can I recommend that you check out The Wolf Among Us by the same guys? Fantastic game.

What was your favourite episode? And who sided with you in Chapter 5?

Season 1 really was a special game...I remember being floored by how astonishingly good episode 2 and 4 were (especially the former!) and the ending was truly heartbreaking.

Season 2 is pretty great too! Can I recommend that you check out The Wolf Among Us by the same guys? Fantastic game.

Episodes 2 and 3 were absolute god-tier episodes.

The shit hit the fan about half-way through and it just became...so, so awesome. I fucking LOVED that ending with the video-camera/crazy woman. The whole finale of the fight at the farm and "shall we loot the car?" was...so utterly fantastic. Very well written.

This depressed the fuck out of me and even made Ine cry when we killed Duck. I gasped when Lily killed Carly and we both sat there open-mouthed "da faq just happened?!!" Perfect all the way through.

FUCKING KENNY DIDN'T COME. I was certain he had my back and he...he fucking let me go by myself. Or, he almost did but Ben came with me and I kinda guilt-tripped him into doing so. So, just Ben and Lee.

I've started Season 2 now and it's a great start. Season 1 is spectacular and it's a masterpiece and amazing and...*deep breath*

Dat Episode 2, doh.

I'm going to copy this over from the Gaming Diary thread.

We finished The Walking Dead - Season Two yesterday.

There is now a big hole in my life as I eagerly await season three. Please arrive soon.

Overall, Season One was better. Season Two could never live up to it as the bar had been set so ridiculously high to begin with, but there were still so many awesome or touching moments in this. I agonised over the final two decisions I had to make during the last episode.

I couldn't decide whether to kill Kenny or let him kill Jane. In the end, I killed him as I didn't think Jane deserved to die and Kenny was almost too far gone. The game hinted at him turning into a Carver-like character and I think he would eventually have become that way.

The final decision to either let the family in or tell them to go away was also hard. You've been double crossed so many times in this game that it's almost down to luck if somebody turns on you or not. I let them in and think it was the right thing to do. It would have been against Clementine's nature to tell them to go away so I did what she would/should have done rather that base it on what I saw as the gamer, if that makes sense.

Can't believe Luke died. That bummed me out in the same sort of way that Hershel's death in the TV series ruined me.

Just finished both seasons in just over a week, very addictive, immersive and fun!

I thought season one was much better - my decisions felt like they mattered a lot more there.

Season 3 still looks like it's a way off :(

There's season 2 dlc coming that's about Michonne. Don't know when exactly.

Dammit, I wish they'd hurry up with this. (and the DLC)

Glad you enjoyed it, @somme. I also preferred Season One, although there were still loads of bits I liked about Season Two.

I downloaded both S1 & S2 the other day (S2 thanks to Plus) and played through Episode 1 of S1 last night.

Absolutely loving it and can't wait to crack on. Even after just 1 episode I've found myself connecting to and caring about the characters and events more than I ever did in The Last of Us... with regards to crafting a survival horror story, this is more like it!

I downloaded both S1 & S2 the other day (S2 thanks to Plus) and played through Episode 1 of S1 last night.

Absolutely loving it and can't wait to crack on. Even after just 1 episode I've found myself connecting to and caring about the characters and events more than I ever did in The Last of Us... with regards to crafting a survival horror story, this is more like it!

It's a fantastic experience, isn't it? I have zero desire to watch the series but I loved Season 1 of the game.

Is anyone actually playing the second season ( because its free ) without playing the first? I told lostmario not to do this but I was curious if anyone else has. @Clownferret I seen you playing it the other night. Have you played the first season?

I played them both through a few months ago and they're both great and both much better than the series in terms of memorable characters that you care about. The show has its moments but is mostly awful.

@Hero\-of\-Time told me to play it first but I didn't think I'd enjoy it so went along and played season 2 anyway.

Ended up playing it for 4 hours straight last night to finish it. Not the most skillful game to play but one that makes you care about the characters and not want to stop playing.

Tempted to look for other Telltale games to play now, already had a few looks at the Game of Thrones one.

No, @Hero\-of\-Time told me to play it first but I didn't think I'd enjoy it so went along and played season 2 anyway.

Ended up playing it for 4 hours straight last night to finish it. Not the most skillful game to play but one that makes you care about the characters and not want to stop playing.

Tempted to look for other Telltale games to play now, already had a few looks at the Game of Thrones one.

GoT is considered to be the worst of the bunch, but Tales From Borderlands (whether you've played the actual Borderlands games or not) is considered to be as good, if not better, than TWD.

The Wolf Among Us is also absolutely brilliant. One of my favourites :)

I don't consider GoT the worst of the bunch. But then I love GoT and loved that the actual actors lent their voices to the game.

I did season 1 from Sunday through to Thursday, very emotional game. Not challenging as i've come to expect from the Telltale games, but it certainly got you connected with the characters. And as great as the 1st season is, i've taken a break until later next week to play the 2nd season.

No, @Hero\-of\-Time told me to play it first but I didn't think I'd enjoy it so went along and played season 2 anyway.

Brah, you goof'd by playing Season Two first.

It's fine to play it, in the sense that there's a lot of standalone characters that only appear in Season Two. Buuuuut, there's a fair amount of references to Season One and the whole character development of Clementine is set up lovely in the first season.

Seriously, I'd go back and do Season One and then try two again after that. Or, just do season One. It's so, so good. Much better than the second, in my opinion.

Brah, you goof'd by playing Season Two first.

It's fine to play it, in the sense that there's a lot of standalone characters that only appear in Season Two. Buuuuut, there's a fair amount of references to Season One and the whole character development of Clementine is set up lovely in the first season.

Seriously, I'd go back and do Season One and then try two again after that. Or, just do season One. It's so, so good. Much better than the second, in my opinion.

I dunno, I thought the recap was pretty well done for those that didn't play Season 1.

If I see Season One going real cheap, I'll pick it up no doubt.

Just played Episode 2 of S1... Holy fucking crap that shit was amazing!

I dunno, I thought the recap was pretty well done for those that didn't play Season 1.

If I see Season One going real cheap, I'll pick it up no doubt.

Just played Episode 2 of S1... Holy fucking crap that shit was amazing!

Look at Kav's post for reference. The recap is good, but it doesn't even show half of the good stuff that takes place in the first season. The dialogue is excellent and you've got an excellent bunch of characters in there. Episodes two and three (five, too) were fucking brilliant and will go down as some of my favourite gaming memories ever.

I youtubed episode two last night and just reminded myself of how awesome it was. :bowdown:

3 episode mini series coming in February.

YEEEEEESSSS!!!!

MICHONNE IS A BAD-ASS BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!

23-02-2016

€ 15,-

Available on Steam with a 10% discount.. But not yet on Telltale's own store.