NEurope
Razz

Same-Sex Marriage

This is a (backward, closed minded) family that wouldn't approve of their son's partner. It happens all over the place, for various reasons - different race, religious clash, from a family they refuse to associate with, the list goes on.

So my question: Would same sex marriage/equality rights necessarily prevent this type of thing from happening?

So my question: Would same sex marriage/equality rights necessarily prevent this type of thing from happening?

No, but the point was that he had no legal rights to his partner's body or information etc. Whereas, for example, a married couple of different religions would, regardless of whether or not their families approved.

One thing I don't get, surely a civil partnership would have given him the exact same rights as a marriage? (And therefore access to the body etc.)

tumblr_m41sppq9et1qgexbqo1_500.jpg

I like images like this that put things into perspective. There's this silly myth that "marriage has always been the way it is, it is sacred, and we can't change it".

And if you look to the Bible for a description of what marriage means, you'll see people marrying their sisters, having 700 wives, marrying their rapists, etc.

Keggy handed people are weird though, so I can see where they were coming from.

I have nothing against left-handed people, I just wish they'd stop shoving it in my face. "Oh, let me just sign that... WITH MY LEFT HAND BWAHAHA."

Disgusting. :blank:

Left handed people are nothing like that.

(Submit button pressed with left-handed mouse)

Does anyone even use a left-handed mouse?

tumblr_m41sppq9et1qgexbqo1_500.jpg

I like images like this that put things into perspective. There's this silly myth that "marriage has always been the way it is, it is sacred, and we can't change it".

And if you look to the Bible for a description of what marriage means, you'll see people marrying their sisters, having 700 wives, marrying their rapists, etc.

QFT.

Stephen Colbert says it like it is:

colbert.jpg

(The "the" is a case of sic. relates to something he'd said just before.)

Things The Jesus did talk about: Borrowing or lending money in any way (loan, mortgage, borrowing off a friend) is completely evil - so much so that it was the only time Jesus used violence.

And yet that is now a normal part of life.

Things The Jesus did talk about: Borrowing or lending money in any way (loan, mortgage, borrowing off a friend) is completely evil - so much so that it was the only time Jesus used violence.

And yet that is now a normal part of life.

Well considering the current financial situation his stance has a certain wisdom.