N-Europe

*RUMOUR* Donkey Kong 3D

Fused King

I'd say it's pretty much confirmed if a retailer is willing to go as far as putting up mock-up pre-order cases in the shelves.

What's hilarious though, is that it's next to a mock-up pre-order case for Smash Bros 3DS:laughing:

We all know that will take a long, loooong time to complete, but perhaps this new DK3D will come out rather quickly? Who knows....

Probably E3 material, I'd say.

donkey_kong_3ds.jpg

It seems that EB Games is taking pre-orders for “Donkey Kong 3D”. Mock boxes of the game are shown in the image above next to the likes of Kid Icarus: Uprising and Smash Bros. 3DS.

Interestingly, Italian retailer “Multiplayer.com” has a page up for the title on their site as well.

Of course, this doesn’t confirm anything one bit. Though I’m sure quite a few Nintendo fans would welcome a Donkey Kong 3D announcement at E3…

from Nintendoeverything.com

Edited by Fused King

An exciting rumour, as a Donkey Kong game is always welcome. I must admit, I didn't play the latest DK, as I don't enjoy playing on the Wii very much. Playing one on the 3DS, however, should be much nicer.

Hope there's a lot more for 3DS announced at E3 though, because I really wanted to see a Metroid and Zelda this year!

DKC:R had lots of moments in which there was played with the fore- and background of the place you were in.

I figure we might just see the same artstyle too.

It would be classic NINTENDO now-a-days, cashing in on what was a hit with more of the same, only in 3D and different stages.

-----

How's that for passing judgement on a game and the overarching company before the game has even been announced and before I've even played it? :laughing:

I think 3D looks best in 2D sidescrolling games actually. Gives real depth and makes the action much clearer.

Agreed. Kid Icarus: 3D Classics and Mighty Switch Force have excellent stereoscopic 3D, which is a little bit surprising as not only are they sidescrolling, they both use sprites, not polygons. Clear evidence the next Metroid should do the same! :heh:

Not that I'd mind if Donkey Kong didn't use stereoscopic 3D, but that goes for everything else as well.

Yeah I think 2D sidescrollers can make fantastic use of 3D!

There's every chance this will look better than DCKR, especially blasting between the background and foreground plains in 3D! :D

DCKR had many a great moment/level, it certainly looked lovely... but there are numerous things they could improve for a sequel, namely Bosses and include Squawks, Enguarde, and maybe an enemy more engaging than the Tiki.

This is what I have been waiting for.

*Tear*

You weren't overly impressed with DKCR though were you? Edited by Retro_Link

Just a retailer making up rubbish (lol @ the Smash Bros 3DS pre-order case!)

I reckon that there's a decent chance that they might make a DKCR game for 3DS at some point during its lifetime, be it now or in 5 years time (it would be a great fit, considering how the first game played a lot with 3D depth!), but this rumour has nothing to do with it. If by some divine coincidence it happens this E3, it won't have anything to do with this retailler listing.

Yeah I think 2D sidescrollers can make fantastic use of 3D!

There's every chance this will look better than DCKR, especially blasting between the background and foreground plains in 3D! :D

DCKR had many a great moment/level, it certainly looked lovely... but there are numerous things they could improve for a sequel, namely Bosses and include Squawks, Enguarde, and maybe an enemy more engaging than the Tiki.

You weren't overly impressed with DKCR though were you?

I loved it, and it was probably my favourite Wii game, it just wasn't the same on so many levels as DKC. But its like...as good as a 2D platform game could be that isn't the original DKC trilogy. Ish.

So, ...., if this is fake, a retailer can basically create its own mock-up pre-order case of a game he thinks will be inevitable on a system as to bind customers to his shop?

Is that even "legal"?

Furthermore, could a retailer put a game up for pre-order if he knows it doesn't exist?

-------

The same site has also listed Kirby 3D with mock-up case.