NEurope
Pancake

I just want to say... (MS Word)

Word is appalling and i hate it!!! :mad:

I spend so much time faffing about rather than getting work done. A lot of the time it's when i'm inserting pictures into documents/resizing them. There seems to be NO logic in in. I'll paste a pic into an adequately sized space in the document, and it'll place it halfway up the page, overlapping something else. Well done you prick!!

Can you all just say you hate it too to make me feel better?? Fanx!

Before now, I've made something in Photoshop that should really be doable in word.

I use word mainly for words, so can't complain too much(though I understand fully your experience with bad object placement). I don't know if it's any better in an alternative like OpenOffice Writer? Mainly I just wanted to post because it amused me that you called Word a prick.

I don't really have many problems with Word. But I don't normally put that many pictures in it. When I do however it seems to work fine most of the time.

When I put pictures in Word, the thing that is most annoying is text wrapping. Play with that and everything fixes.

Word is actually very flexible, Google for tutorials or steps on what you're trying to do. OpenOffice is a free alternative, but sometimes the logic and functionality really can't compare to Word (which also looks nicer).

To consider your specific problem with pictures, try using tables (with invisible borders) to arrange everything on the page? You can put the text and pictures in separate cells for no overlapping, though I haven't encountered your problem before so I'm speaking hypothetically :) Or even try putting the picture into a text box.

Relevant?:

http://superuser.com/questions/72893/how-to-prevent-floated-images-in-ms-word-from-jumping-around

http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/layout/imageslipping.html

If you want to add pictures or arrange the layout (other than standard), then you really should be using something other than Word, such as MS Publisher.

I usually just type everything out using Notepad++ and then just format it in Word at the end.

I use Open Office :)

Only cause my Laptop only came with a trail version of MS Office software, including Word and I wasn't paying for it so went elsewhere. I don't use it much anyway and when I do I rarely add pics to docs so can't comment how different it is to Word in that respect :heh:

I use Open Office :)

Yeah fuck Word, I've used Open Office for years now and I've never had a problem with it :) I use it every week for writing reviews but can't say I've ever used it for images.