NEurope
Hamishmash

Who is Joseph Kony? If you don't know, find out in here.

"I wanna be the very best

Like no one ever was

To catch them is my real test

To train them is my cause."

~Joseph Kony

I've seen a few pictures of Ash Ketchum with Kony's head and that text now! Its so bad but i can't help laugh

I've also seen fake adverts for Kony Island (Coney Island), My Little Kony (his head on the pony) etc etc

I've seen a few pictures of Ash Ketchum with Kony's head and that text now! Its so bad but i can't help laugh

I've also seen fake adverts for Kony Island (Coney Island), My Little Kony (his head on the pony) etc etc

Funnily enough whenever I read his name I couldn't help but think of Coney Island. Damn you The Warriors!!!

"I wanna be the very best

Like no one ever was

To catch them is my real test

To train them is my cause."

~Joseph Kony

So epic, so very epic!

My+Little+Kony+Got+to+catch+them+all..+This+guy_a6733b_3425215.jpg

Edited by Zechs Merquise

Funnily enough whenever I read his name I couldn't help but think of Coney Island. Damn you The Warriors!!!

142.jpg

59e.jpg

fcf.jpg

429182_10151383659880096_813015095_23771736_1588577158_n.jpg

426282_10151383667445096_813015095_23771812_948022455_n.jpg

417150_10151383668940096_813015095_23771814_1902077923_n.jpg

64033_10151383664330096_813015095_23771779_197243942_n.jpg

d4f.jpg

Edited by arab_freak

Oh man!

the bad boys one had me really laughing my ass off

921.jpg

eff.jpg

6a0.png

c78.jpg

d56.png

c79.jpg

You're actually gonna set up a regular donation based on 30 minutes of propaganda? Have you actually researched the organisation you're donating this money to? I highly doubt it. If you had then you'd know that less than a third of your money will actually go towards helping people. The rest will be spent in wages and film making. Now of course every charity has expenses, but 32% is ridiculously low for a charity. Compare that to Oxfam and Save the Children who both spend ~90% of what they raise on direct help.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/www.invisiblechildren.com/critiques.html

On a side note, I also give regularly to Oxfam and the EJAF Aids foundation.

But anyway, to argue my point, I just don't understand the majority of the criticism, especially after looking where the money goes according to the link above. The "post a link become an activist" joke is utter bullshit and kind of hilarious considering by making such things they're further promoting the charity. That's literally the point of the campaign and it's blatantly worked brilliantly. Even if only 50% of the people watching the video actually bother to form an opinion of it or take note and want to do something about it or look into the countries other major political issues, then that's what, 15 million people and counting that have been educated on the matter. I fail to see how that can be seen as a bad thing. It appears that just as much as people might be seen as sheep for following the cause, people seem to also be blindly going against it purely from the off comment someone may have made.

But at any rate, the campaign has blatantly worked and once again brought attention to the issue to the people that matter. The amount of attention it's received is pretty astounding.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/www.invisiblechildren.com/critiques.html

On a side note, I also give regularly to Oxfam and the EJAF Aids foundation.

But anyway, to argue my point, I just don't understand the majority of the criticism, especially after looking where the money goes according to the link above.

you do realise that Charity Navigator, a nonprofit watchdog that rates charitable organizations, gave the group two out of four stars for financial transparency because its ledgers aren't audited by an independent committee.

so their finances are provided by internal audits, you wouldn't trust facts and figures provided by a drug dealer showing his money is all above board based on HIS own audits, why believe a charity that is advocating armed military action against a millitia leader who has been inactive for 5 years, and it seems is already so marginalised his forces are spread so thin they could be described as little more than armed gangs?

If you're going to "research" someone you are going to throw money at find EXTERNAL sources

as a side note did you know that if you post your credit card number and CC info here on N-europe that it automatically stars out the numbers?

look here are mine

Apparently Kony's already been dead for 5 years:

You know what really makes me laugh about this whole thing? NOBODY is mentioning the Ugandan president Museveni who has been in power for almost 30 years, who himself used the LRA to orchestrate a coup to take power in the 80's. Nooo lets remove Koni, HE's the bad guy, the other one can stay.

I'm glad everyone is bashing this Koni campaign. It means I don't have to watch that 30 minute video.

According to Rt.com, Uganda has recently found a good amount of oil reserves.

Has that been mentioned yet?

421802_3481595080854_1300620740_3450421_537414819_n.jpg

If anything this whole thing has made me realise I hate the way yanks say Uganda. It's up there with how they say Iraq.

If anything this whole thing has made me realise I hate the way yanks say Uganda. It's up there with how they say Iraq.

see-eye-to-eye.jpg

normal_boobs.jpg

Get it people... Eye-Rack.... :P

My immediate reaction to the evangelical video being:

KONY 2012 FRONTMAN JASON RUSSEL HAS BEEN ARRESTED IN SAN DIEGO FOR MASTURBATING IN PUBLIC AND VANDALISING CARS UNDER THE INFLUENCE.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/jason-russell-san-diego-invisible-children-kony-2012-142970255.html

omg

Official response:

Jason Russell was unfortunately hospitalized yesterday suffering from exhaustion, dehydration, and malnutrition. He is now receiving medical care and is focused on getting better. The past two weeks have taken a severe emotional toll on all of us, Jason especially, and that toll manifested itself in an unfortunate incident yesterday. Jason’s passion and his work have done so much to help so many, and we are devastated to see him dealing with this personal health issue. We will always love and support Jason, and we ask that you give his entire family privacy during this difficult time.

I'm not seeing any mention of the arrest.. Exhaustion, dehydration and malnutrition? What kind of bullshit is this?