NEurope
EEVILMURRAY

Assassin's Creed III

I really don't see how Assassin's Creed would work with a Wiimote. A standard controller barely has enough buttons for these games!

I think they ran out in Revelations:

The Hookblade (climb higher) uses the A button while climbing when there is a reachable ledge above you.

If this ledge is a millimetre too high, the move will default to the usual "A" button move - Jump away from the building.

I think they ran out in Revelations:

The Hookblade (climb higher) uses the A button while climbing when there is a reachable ledge above you.

If this ledge is a millimetre too high, the move will default to the usual "A" button move - Jump away from the building.

That doesn't happen if you hold up.

I'm extremely hesitant about this game. I feel burned by Revelations and the little things about the gameplay really haven't been addressed yet (and I would include the kind of thing that Cube is talking about in that).

It's going to be a rental before purchase for that reason as I don't want to watch a ton of reviews (which generally spoils it) which will probably still not answer my queries and suspicions. Stupid thing is, I still feel compelled to trudge through AC:Revs to finish the story :/

I think there's plenty of reasons to be optimistic. This game has been in development since the start of 2010, bringing with it changes to pretty much every system, whilst Brotherhood and Revelations were very deliberate itterations on ACII in the name of a quick turn around.

As for finishing Revelations story, it's a fairly superfluous entry in terms of the overall narrative so I wouldn't feel too bad about skipping it; it provides some closure for Altair and Ezio but, ironically, there are no revelations on par with the endings of ACII or Brotherhood.

I'm extremely hesitant about this game. I feel burned by Revelations and the little things about the gameplay really haven't been addressed yet (and I would include the kind of thing that Cube is talking about in that).

If it helps, Assassin's Creed 3 has been in the works during the development of Brotherhood and Revelations. So while those two games added more and more, 3 will be much more of a "fresh start".

canand, if you go through UbiShop and use the code "10THANKYOU" you can currently pre-order the Wii U Join or Die Edition for just under £32.

No idea what their service is like, but you can't sniff at the (mis)price.

What does this edition contain? I'm totally new to the Assassin's Creed franchise but it looks like a series I might like :)

Keep toying with the idea of getting this on the Wii U over the 360, but I'm just really not sure. Means I have to wait a month, possibly cut myself off from my friends in online play. I also hate switching console in the middle of a franchise unless it's necessary, but it's still tempting me

I always forget that Assassin's Creed has online. I didn't even look at that mode in Brotherhood and Revelations.

Anyway, I've decided to wait for the PC version. The Join or Die edition for less than £35 is a bargain.

I always forget that Assassin's Creed has online. I didn't even look at that mode in Brotherhood and Revelations.

Anyway, I've decided to wait for the PC version. The Join or Die edition for less than £35 is a bargain.

Slap yourself. No seriously. Online in Brotherhood was great fun and completely different to anything else I've played. If you've still got either of them then give it a go.

I'm still contemplating either the 360 or WiiU version. Looks impressive though.

Marcus from GT Invisible Walls couldn't rave about this game enough on this weeks episode, having been invited to Boston for a 4hr play of the game. And the footage they showed and what he had to talk about from his time with the game sounded fantastic.

I'm not sure how much not having played the rest of the series will ultimately matter (when it comes to the Desmond story elements), but I'm mighty interested in this!

Visually it looks amazing! And the landscapes are meant to be HUGE!

I wasn't at all sure about this until I saw the amazing naval battle footage. That story trailer was the last bit of persuading I needed.

I'm not sure how much not having played the rest of the series will ultimately matter (when it comes to the Desmond story elements), but I'm mighty interested in this!

Desmond is an assassin and the evil Templars kidnap him and force him to dive into his ancestors' memories to locate the Apples of Eden that are ~~magic~~ and can do stuff and the Templars think they're pretty rad but so do the assassins and everyone wants them and then Desmond escapes but he has to keep diving into his ancestors' memories because otherwise there would be no Assassin's Creed games and they keep searching for Apples of Eden and then Desmond gets to talk to the people from the future who tell him that only he can prevent the end of the world and stop the Templars and he has to go to North America because that's where the next game is set and everyone's secretly a Templar so Desmond had better watch his back and also Desmond used to be a bartender.

There, now you're all caught up.

Anyone think this will be playable on its own? Never played them before. Was planning on blitzing the other Assassins creed but dont think i'll have time..

Yeah I'm the same. The only experience I have of the series is watching Eddage complete AC1.

I'm hoping considering they really have billed the game as a new start for the series, with the intention of reaching an even greater audience (and to win fans back), that there might be some sort of intro to fill in the story so far?

Anyone think this will be playable on its own? Never played them before. Was planning on blitzing the other Assassins creed but dont think i'll have time..

The overarching story is pretty bad and you'll spend 99% of the game as a brand-new main character, so yeah, you'll be fine. ;)

If you think you'll have time to play some of the previous games, know that Revelations is nothing but filler and Brotherhood is filler except for the ending (the latter has great gameplay, though!). Actually, you could probably skip most of the first game too, so just play Assassin's Creed 2. That and Brotherhood are the best games in the series so far, anyway.

Yeah, Assassin's Creed games are mostly playable on their own, but the real time narrative (which is seldom used) is for those who carry on through