NEurope

So it appears that I left my locker keys at home when I set off this morning, meaning I need to head back home tonight after work to retrieve them. This would usually massively suck, but it means that I get to play some Haloes tonight. Fuck yeah!

I will hopefully be on at 9 tonight, gamertag is Zell 360. I'm no slouch at Halo either, I think I clocked in over 4000 games on Halo 3.

I'm sad now because all the cool kids are playing this and I have to wait until Christmas.... :(

Fucks sake.

Why don't Halo games have an autosave? I finished the first mission, switched off and now I have to do it all again. I have the achievements, damnit! And I can't skip the cutscene at the beginning.

79841aa7c0c54dc9.jpg

I'm sad now because all the cool kids are playing this and I have to wait until Christmas.... :(

Nerrnerrneenerrnerr! You're not a cool kid like us, go and be friends with santa, loser!

I jest. I haven't even got it yet. Why can't you play before Christmas?

This is the first game I've wanted for my 360 for a long time. Unfortunately my disk drive is completely borked, and I really don't want to fork out the amount it costs to get a new Xbox (the pricing of which is utterly horrendous almost 7 years in).

Well i could get it now, but it seemed like a nice thing to put on my Christmas list. Plus i'm still playing Borderlands 2 and i'd just feel a bit guilty if a caved and bought it for myself....

I can't see me lasting though so i'm wondering whether to not delay the inevitable and get it now!

Ahhh go ooon, then you can get schooled by Charlie along with the rest of us. I will readily admit, I'm pretty pants at Halo but I'll be getting it anyway just for fun of playing with friends.

Btw I just remembered something I'd meant to ask, is this going to have the daily/weekly challenges type deal that Reach had? That really helped keep me going back for more and more.

Ahhh go ooon, then you can get schooled by Charlie along with the rest of us. I will readily admit, I'm pretty pants at Halo but I'll be getting it anyway just for fun of playing with friends.

Btw I just remembered something I'd meant to ask, is this going to have the daily/weekly challenges type deal that Reach had? That really helped keep me going back for more and more.

It has daily and weekly (possibly monthly) challenges for the campaign, multiplayer and special ops (can't remember real name, its called Spec Ops in COD) mode.

Spartan Ops? Well that's cool, the challenges kept me coming back. Will hopefully have it by tomorrow if I'm lucky, otherwise can't really play til friday because I'm busy wed and thurs eve :( Anybody know if there's any cheap deals on Live atm? I know sometimes they do promos through xbox dash, but I haven't turned it on in forever!

Just finished the campaign and it was simply amazing. It was everything I hoped it would be and more.

A few reviews said that 343 totally trumped Bungie and after playing through the story I can easily agree with that statement. The quality of the game, from the story, to the music is such a higher standard. There's a piece of music that plays at a section of the last level is one of the best video game tunes I have heard in a long time.

The way the game starts was a great nod to the fans who have been reading the books, but at the same time doesn't alienate those who've just play the games, very much like Gears 3.

Now to play it again! :D

*gets home*

"CAN'T WAIT TO PLAY ME SOME HALOES!"

*turns console on*

*waits minutes for systems update to take place*

"Oh need to resubscribe to Gold"

*adds new card as old one is out of date*

*buys membership*

*puts in Halo disc*

"Finally!!"

*halo update*

*selects matchmaking*

"Please insert disc 2"

*opens tray, xbox reverts to dashboard*

*waits ages for disc 2 to install*

"Please insert disc 1"

Do I get to play the game now?

I'll start adding some people soon and I'll be online from about 9 probably :) feel free to invite me to a game if you see me! I'll probably be on campaign all night otherwise :p

*gets home*

"CAN'T WAIT TO PLAY ME SOME HALOES!"

*turns console on*

*waits minutes for systems update to take place*

"Oh need to resubscribe to Gold"

*adds new card as old one is out of date*

*buys membership*

*puts in Halo disc*

"Finally!!"

*halo update*

*selects matchmaking*

"Please insert disc 2"

*waits ages for disc 2 to install*

"Please insert disc 1"

Do I get to play the game now?

That was me on Saturday, hungover. It was terrible!

@Zell

Didn't realise you were in my game until it was just about over! Not one of my best, don't think that is standard!

I was in party chat with my sister if you were trying to talk to me.

About to have my first multiplayer game of this :) luckily caught Zell while he was waiting so I barged into a party with him :p

The controls in this game are all horrible. How did they fuck up something so goddamn simple?

Me and Peeps just lost a game 600-590 :(

Ugh that felt so bad. We were down for most of the first half and then made an epic comeback, only to lose at the last kill!

Last night was a lot of fun Peeps, we both kicked ass.

I highly approve of this game by the way.

That was me on Saturday, hungover. It was terrible!

@Zell

Didn't realise you were in my game until it was just about over! Not one of my best, don't think that is standard!

I was in party chat with my sister if you were trying to talk to me.

I think I'll have to get Halo 4, if only to experience this.

The controls in this game are all horrible. How did they fuck up something so goddamn simple?

They're slightly different from most FPS but only because of the new abilities... It took me a couple of games but I got used to it really quickly.

I used to be a fan of boxer but I feel in Halo zoom is more important than punching.

I had some great games last night online. Me and my mate played Team Battle and Big Team Battle a fair few times. I think we were only on the winning teams about 3 times out of the numerous matches we had! It was still a laugh and a lot of fun, which is standard when playing Halo multiplayer.

I also played through Spartan Ops. There doesn't seem to be any penalty for dying in this mode, if there is I couldn't see one. Again, a lot of fun and look forward to getting more episodes of this.

I'll be online from whatever time the Champions League match I'm watching tonight finishes, so just after half 9, if anyone is about.

In the world? Probably not.

In here? It would appear so.