NEurope

No Halo 2?

Nah, I don't own it and there is no remake. :( Luckily, it's the weakest of the main games, so I don't mind missing it.

Nah, I don't own it and there is no remake. :( Luckily, it's the weakest of the main games, so I don't mind missing it.

Weaker than Reach?

Weaker than Reach?

Indeed. I quite enjoy Reach and ODST, even though both are stupidly short. I finished ODST in one sitting yesterday, taking only 3 hours to complete!

I like them all, although i agree Halo 2 is probably the least memorable. But you can pick it up for like £5 now, so it seems a shame not to add it to your playthrough. You've got 6 days to do it!

I could have been so much more. Why wasn't this in the game?

Stupid Arbiter!

It's IGN. It just means they got a bigger bribe than they did from Bungie. I'll wait to hear from a credible source.

Metacritic currently has it on 91/100 (from 37 reviews), so i don't think IGN are that far off.

I'm going to struggle putting this off until it comes down in price. Might put this on my xmas list in fact....

Got the Tuesday off for this, Just hope Amazon don't fail me. Normally pretty good and get the game early. Sods law this is the one that arrives a day late.

Honestly why would you go with amazon if you want it early? Use shopto like everyone else :heh:

Honestly why would you go with amazon if you want it early? Use shopto like everyone else :heh:

You think we will get this early? Usually on big games they hold the shipment back. Saying that I got Resi 6 on the Saturday despite it being released on the following Tuesday.

I see all of the reviews are starting to pour in. I expect many 8's and 9's.

Given all the events that have happened recently...

doritos.jpg

http://wosland.podgamer.com/the-wainwright-profile/

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=497024

And the storied history of the mainstream gaming media's journalistic "integrity", you'd be a fool to trust any Halo 4 review (or indeed any review of a major title)

Edited by Dcubed

The Limited Edition was a little cheaper on amazon, and I had a £10 voucher from nectar points :p

My mates copy from Play got shipped yesterday and Shopto have started processing orders. We may get it early after all.

Played through and finished Halo 3 yesterday, took 2 and a half hours! I thought it was a lot longer than that. The graphics on that game haven't aged well at all. The environments don't look that bad, but man are the character models ugly. It's hard to believe Halo 4 is running on the same hardware.

Games wise thats me sorted. I now just need to get through 1 and a half to be up to speed with the story. Clearly this isn't gonna happen, especially if the game lands early. I will try and finish the first book by tomorrow and then see if the game arrives.

I've been asked if I might be getting this, and I know nothing about it. Has anyone tried it? Can online be played? My biggest question would be how does the multiplayer compare to Halo Reach? Is it going to be similar in the credits system, or is it going to use the ever more common method of levelling 'up' with points, getting better stuff etc that makes you better as you play more? I'd be put off by a system that rewards you too advantageously for playing more as I find it widens the gap between good players and less experienced ones.

My mates copy from Play got shipped yesterday and Shopto have started processing orders. We may get it early after all.

Played through and finished Halo 3 yesterday, took 2 and a half hours! I thought it was a lot longer than that. The graphics on that game haven't aged well at all. The environments don't look that bad, but man are the character models ugly. It's hard to believe Halo 4 is running on the same hardware.

Games wise thats me sorted. I now just need to get through 1 and a half to be up to speed with the story. Clearly this isn't gonna happen, especially if the game lands early. I will try and finish the first book by tomorrow and then see if the game arrives.

How do you find the time to play so much?

My shopto order has been processed too, but they generally wait till Monday to ship games that are launched on Tuesday. It happened with Reach, Gears and every other global release I can think of. When the launch date is Friday, then I tend to get them early though so fingers crossed for the Wii U.

Anyone ordered from Amazon had any emails yet?? I'm yet to hear anything.... it makes me a sad panda :(

How do you find the time to play so much?

No Idea. :D

I have a full time job and other stuff to do like going to gym and Church commitments afterwards. I watch very little TV though, with only the likes of Supernatural, Red Dwarf and various footy matches. So maybe it's the lack of watching TV that allows me to do more gaming.