NEurope
Shorty

Report a Bug! [Read OP first]

I haven't been on much to notice but I'll let you know if I notice it happening again. No issues today on a work PC so far though.

[MENTION=2179]

@Nando (mentioning you completely breaks submitting a message, btw :p)

Still experiencing issues with caching?

I know.. sorry :red:

I haven't noticed any problems but I'll let you know if I do! The only thing has been a spam-filled visitor message :hmm:

The box in the bottom-left corner on the main page of the forum that allows you to change the theme seems to have disappeared.

Not really a huge issue but it is noticeable so I thought it would be worth a mention. : peace:

The box in the bottom-left corner on the main page of the forum that allows you to change the theme seems to have disappeared.

Not really a huge issue but it is noticeable so I thought it would be worth a mention. : peace:

Also disappeared for me (Chrome + classic stretchable).

I'm using Firefox though I'm guessing this must be issue for all browsers.

It's just one of those noticeable things as I'd always tend to go for 'N-Europe Full-Width' to eliminate the dead space on either side. :)

Yeah, it's vanished for me too, and I'm stuck on the default narrow theme (because Moogle banned me).

Not sure the reasons for this, but you can change it from your options in the meantime.

I may be being stupid and missing something, but I can't find it anywhere in the user CP, including the options section.

May be nothing and most probably useless - but one of the computers definitely not at where I work that I definitely don't usually browse forums on mobile theme on - they still give me a text option to switch to 'Normal Version' iirc, but given I've seen the issues here I haven't tried clicking it and switching back. Tempted to if it might help, though it's likely going to seriously increase my productivity if I do...

Isn't there a link for each theme that will load the forum in that theme?

I'd say you're probably right, as the 'Normal Version' link on my Mobile Theme on the computers definitely not where I work seem to have a link, if that makes sense. Watch this space(til tomorrow, if I go to a different office).

i keep getting 500.shtml errors and pages not loading, yesterday i couldn't even get on, kept getting an N-europe is under heavy load screen

(i've tried posting this message a few times now)

Yeah, we seem to get hammered a lot by unknown bots and strange IP addresses. I'm not sure it's a DDoS, but it has the same effect....

Hmm @Shorty I've had a rather odd report from @Wii regarding him being unable to access N-Europe... at all, from any of his devices, apparently he hasn't been able to get on for a couple of days now, only just switched on my Wii U today and he has messaged me saying that he still can't get on so I said I'd ask about it anyway. : peace:

It's most puzzling as to my knowledge he isn't banned... but the symptoms he is describing seem to point to him being IP blocked which I think is possible but I know we only do that in extreme cases I thought. :wtf:

Is it possible for it to happen by accident or to be caused by something else perhaps? If you need me to get any info from him to pass on then I can but I thought it worth mentioning as I'm unsure what kind of issue it is exactly as this could be affecting other members potentially as well but for now it seems to be just Wii so I'm investigating on his behalf being that he can't get onto N-Europe at the moment. ::shrug:

I hope the theme choices come back soon. At the moment I'm stuck with the old Mario Galaxy one.

Just checked in the admin panel and looking at that people should be able to choose.

Tried looking on the vB site for help but its down.

Try these links to change:

Stretched - http://www.n-europe.com/forum/index.php?styleid=60

Non-stretched - http://www.n-europe.com/forum/index.php?styleid=59

@S\.C\.G can you ask Wii for his IP address (google "what is my ip") and PM it to me?

It probably is an IP block, although I'd be a bit concerned as to why his IP would be one of those that I had to add to a list because it hammered us with >2GB bandwidth usage (the average user uses a few meg)

@S\.C\.G can you ask Wii for his IP address (google "what is my ip") and PM it to me?

It probably is an IP block, although I'd be a bit concerned as to why his IP would be one of those that I had to add to a list because it hammered us with >2GB bandwidth usage (the average user uses a few meg)

Done and done! :)

I think you're right, this must have been what happened, I think this is another reason why it's best not to reply to spammers and simply just hit the 'report post' button instead. :p

Alls well that ends well though hopefully. : peace:

I%27m_back_baby%21.png

Massive, massive thanks to @S\.C\.G for passing on my messages to Shorty. I'm hugely grateful :bowdown:

And likewise a big thank you to @Shorty for sorting it out.

I was gone 4 days. I thought it was Tuesday morning but no it was Monday morning. Can't remember when I was last gone a day nevermind 4. Curse them spammers but S.C.G is probably right, may be best to report rather than respond to them. They rile me though. Always seem to post early in morning when there's no Mods around.

Currently it's impossible for me to see the main site as the body tag has opacity: 0 set. Having to disable it in the debug tools to see the site.

Currently it's impossible for me to see the main site as the body tag has opacity: 0 set. Having to disable it in the debug tools to see the site.

I'm also unable to see the main site but I don't know what that other stuff means :p

What OS and browser (and version) are you using? Might be to do with the new animated header on the main site.