NEurope
Shorty

Report a Bug! [Read OP first]

Yup, it seems to be related to the board, but we can't figure it out.

@Jonnas I've looked into it too and I'm stumped, nothing against your account should set you apart from anyone else's situation. Swing me a link to your last attempted multi-mention? I'm sorry this is causing you an issue, if there's some other work-around I can facilitate in the mean-time, let me know.

Jonnas I've looked into it too and I'm stumped, nothing against your account should set you apart from anyone else's situation. Swing me a link to your last attempted multi-mention? I'm sorry this is causing you an issue, if there's some other work-around I can facilitate in the mean-time, let me know.

Here, I did two such posts in that page. I'm wondering if the issue is exclusive to that thread, or the playground.

For now, there's not much of a problem, there are few players left, so I can PM them instead of mentioning. And I can still mention individual people outside of the game, anyway.

I'm also not getting any e-mail notifications for PMs I get here. Since they're both about notifications, perhaps they're related?

Is it possible to make a copy of the thread and play around with it? Was curious what would happen if Jonnas edits a mention in; or if a mod/admin edits one in - or if someone else makes the exact same post? I wondered if the amount of tags/formatting causes an issue for some reason? Kinda how only the first X amount of mentions work in a huge list of them? Just speculation on my part - I've no knowledge of the backend of vB forums.

Erm there are some unknown adverts turn up on this site.

395HVUa.png

Update: Look like it's an adware hitched a ride on an update for one of the software I'm using. :| Got Malwarebyte to remove it!

Edited by DriftKaiser

Apparently, the mention problem is solved! :) I tried making a new post in a roundabout way (instead of building the post from a quote, I made a new one entirely), and it worked. It was probably some leftovers from the first bug Cube told me about, affecting quotes.

Thank you for the help.

I think the introduction of the Extra Life banner seems to have put parts of the forum out of alignment.

Everything else still works but just thought I'd mention it.

What browser and what board? It's ok for me but I've heard similar reports.

Firefox - all of Console Talk apart from general gaming

It also does it whenever you try to leave a reply.

Ok, sorry about that, sorted now. Teach me to neglect my cross-browser testing, eh? :)

Clicked "forum" tab up top and got redirected to a black page with HostGator branding, and in the left corner it says "Webmaster please contact HostGator.com"? I can access the forums from thread-to-thread though...

EDIT: ...aaaaaaand it's gone. Please ignore this!

Edited by Julius Caesar

Clicked "forum" tab up top and got redirected to a black page with HostGator branding, and in the left corner it says "Webmaster please contact HostGator.com"? I can access the forums from thread-to-thread though...

EDIT: ...aaaaaaand it's gone. Please ignore this!

Looks like n-europeforums.com is no longer registered (possibly following the host changeover), which is what that tab links to. @Shorty should be able to fix the link.

Not sure if this is a problem at my end or the forum's.

In the past few days I haven't been able to be logged in for more than a minute at most.

When I log in and write a post for 30 seconds then press "Submit Reply" I have to log in again...

I also get logged out when I browse the forums for a bit.

I haven't changed anything in my browser or computer settings and even when I use my laptop and visit the forums at my girlfriend's place I face the same issue...

Nothing I've witnessed...

I'm sure someone more tech minded will come along but tried signing in via a different browser or incognito in case it's some cookie thing?

I only have Firefox. Incognito didn't help. It's really weird. I've deleted my cookies, too, but to no avail.

This seems to be happening to me now - so the issue is a lot more important.

Using Chrome.

He's just moved house so might not be around much, but tagging @Shorty as he's the tech head and I'm just...something else.

Not sure if this is a problem at my end or the forum's.

In the past few days I haven't been able to be logged in for more than a minute at most.

When I log in and write a post for 30 seconds then press "Submit Reply" I have to log in again...

I also get logged out when I browse the forums for a bit.

I haven't changed anything in my browser or computer settings and even when I use my laptop and visit the forums at my girlfriend's place I face the same issue...

This seems to be happening to me now - so the issue is a lot more important.

Using Chrome.

Have you both tried ticking the "Remember me" box before you log in?

3JxAEMK.png

It may help if you havent.

Yeah that's definitely ticked.

Normally I only have to log in once every few months or so; when I accidentally clear my cookies etc. But this was logging me out every ten minutes...

Quite difficult to troubleshoot, I've tried a couple of things.

Did either of you @Dr\. bob @drahkon log in through the main site?

Edited by Shorty

This automatic logout problem seems to be affecting me today.

I'm using Firefox.

It was completely fine yesterday as well.

Also it was taking about 30 seconds to change between pages, now it seems to have gone back to normal speed.

Noticed the site and forums seemed to be offline for a short while quite often over the past few days as well.

Quite difficult to troubleshoot, I've tried a couple of things.

Did either of you @bob @drahkon log in through the main site?

I always log in via the forum, I often use this link to get the Full-Width version as well... http://n-europe.com/forum/index.php?styleid=60

It may well be fine now, I'm still logged in and it wasn't even letting me stay logged in for even 5 mins before, will see how it goes. :)

Edited by S.C.G
Automerged Doublepost