NEurope
Shorty

Report a Bug! [Read OP first]

Sadly the reply box thing has always been an issue and I believe it's software-related. I recall trying to find a solution years ago and no joy. 

I'd like to think updating Invision would fix that. I just need time to set up a testing environment then we'll give that a shot.

Yeah I was going to post that the other day but got sidetracked by the Tapatalk thing. 

As Shorty said the plan is to set up a test environment, updating the forum and seeing if we can address some issues as well but it'll take a while as he's busy. But at least with the Tapatalk thing done hopefully people will be fine for the time being. 

The broken banner image has returned. Looks like the browser is forcing HTTPS but the image doesn't exist. I think I fixed it previously by going to the HTTP URL and the browser cached it.

y4mJFBnZBBj39VHdQ1VNwCIwZPeApG9PSwlL5qGw

Ah, I didn't realise forum banner images were hosted on the main site server. Even if it wasn't for the https warning, that image isn't there anymore. I can sort that later.

Edit: sorted

• Like 3

The banner is fixed, thanks @Shorty

I know it's a Forum software issue, but The get the following error when the replay box fails to load correctly. Don't know if it helps at all.

y4mJO7iRpcxFDJxkX-YbDzXV4zFt5zc7SKaqKwVp

Yeah I'm pretty sure we went over this years ago when we first started using the software. I think back then I delved into it and tried to solve it. You can see the error is in the ckeditor.js javascript file - ckeditor being the name of the WYSIWYG text editor you use to submit posts. So it's not something we've done, but a bug in ckeditor or between Invision and ckeditor. Since I didn't get very far back then I'm just going to trust that I tried everything I could :p

I'm hopeful that just upgrading Invision will fix that with it, but haven't got time for that at the moment.

I can also confirm I looked at it years ago and couldn't find a solution either.

Anyone else having issues loading threads sometimes on Android devices? It causes the system apps to crash sometimes resulting in a full reboot.

Pretty sure it's when there are embedded YouTube or Twitter posts (possibly both). I can't open the E3 memories thread on my phone.

4 hours ago, Ike said:

Anyone else having issues loading threads sometimes on Android devices? It causes the system apps to crash sometimes resulting in a full reboot.

Pretty sure it's when there are embedded YouTube or Twitter posts (possibly both). I can't open the E3 memories thread on my phone.

Just tried that thread on my Android phone with both the Samsung browser and Chrome, no issues with either.

Yeah likewise I've never had that problem. 

@Ike what device are you using? Maybe it's specific to that and others can chime in. 

No issues loading the E3 Memories thread on a PC using Firefox.

Maybe the amount of embedded videos etc is just too much for some mobile devices? ::shrug:

On the subject of embedded content, often videos and images don't load on a PC, using Firefox, but I'd just gotten used to opening the image from the tweet in another tab, if it's of interest... this is just with Twitter embeds, YouTube seems to display fine.

I'm on a Pixel 6 Pro, using Chrome. I thought it was to do with the January security update because it started after I had updated, but I also got it on my old Pixel 2.

The E3 memories thread loads fine now, I also had issue loading the Final Fantasy XVI thread which only had 1 post in it and it crashed. It's also fine now so not sure what is triggering it.

Edit: Got it straight away after posting this thread clicking the Star Trek thread from the Unread page and clicking the circle next to the thread. It opened on a post with an embedded Twitter post and it caused a system ui reboot.

Hmm I'm on a pixel 7 pro and have no problems. If you're still having issues next week give me a prod as I do have my 6 but it's stored (along with my bag) in a hotel in Buenos Aires at the moment. 

Having no problems with those threads and my phone is up to date. 

On 31/03/2023 at 12:28 PM, Ike said:

I’m having a similar issue with page 3 of the Your Gaming Diary thread.

Trying to view it on my iPhone causes the page to initially load and then change to a “A problem repeatedly occurred on…” message.

It works for me when viewing it on a laptop.  I’m assuming it’s to do with the embedded posts like Ike says.  Does anyone else get the same?

1 hour ago, WackerJr said:

I’m having a similar issue with page 3 of the Your Gaming Diary thread.

Trying to view it on my iPhone causes the page to initially load and then change to a “A problem repeatedly occurred on…” message.

It works for me when viewing it on a laptop.  I’m assuming it’s to do with the embedded posts like Ike says.  Does anyone else get the same?

Yep I get the same error on iPhone

Is the forum running slow for anyone else? It was pretty bad over the festive period, then it seemed to sort itself out but yesterday it was back to taking ages to load things again.

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Is the forum running slow for anyone else? It was pretty bad over the festive period, then it seemed to sort itself out but yesterday it was back to taking ages to load things again.

No, it's been like trudging through treacle for days now.  It's definitely not just you.

Must be some nasty gunk caught in the servers or something, 'cause it's really annoying!

• Thanks 1

Hmm can't say I've noticed anything particularly bad but I can ask @Shorty if he's aware of any issues on the server side

• Thanks 2

Slowdowns on my side as well. Been going on for quite some time now.

Just adding I thought it was just my iPad making it run slow, but can confirm that it's just as slow on Laptop. This page took around 10 seconds to load in after pressing the link.

Posted (edited)

Not to add to the pile-on, but yeah, I've also been noticing some slowdown (on desktop and mobile) between loading pages, submitting posts, opening up emoticons, etc.

Like H-o-T mentioned, there was a good bit of slowdown over the holidays, it seemed to go away for a couple of days and then returned. 

Edited by Julius

Seems a little sluggish again. It was fine this morning but it has slowed down as the day has gone on. Also, the bar on the side that shows recent posts keeps disappearing. Seems to pop back up if you refresh the page. ::shrug: