NEurope
Shorty

Report a Bug! [Read OP first]

46 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

Are you sure it's not a hosting issue? Post the link.

It happens pretty much everytime and works when posting to other places.

I've only just gone on today and seems okay. Maybe a blip?

Just now, Ashley said:

Seems ok for me now but it did seem to be struggling on and off for a few hours this afternoon.

4 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Your presence has fixed it. Hurray!

But no, definitely not a blip. It was like that since this morning.

The forum seems to be OK now but the main site has been producing a few errors and has been refusing to load, it's up now but just barely...

Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL

That message has come up a few times, and the "This Month's Most Viewed" section isn't showing anything but the header currently on the main page but they show up on articles...

...conversely, the side box images are showing up on the main page but not when viewing any article. ::shrug: And now they've vanished from the main page as well.

(all I can say is that I didn't touch or break anything as I haven't uploaded anything today for a change) :p

Edit - all seems to be fine now. :D

Edited by S.C.G

Sorry, I was out of the country when that was happening. However, there's monitoring software on the server, if things go down the people at my office should be notified and look into getting it back up and running. Still intending to move to new hosting and maybe a new system sometime which should help.

• Thanks 1

The main site seems to be running slow, no errors, it's just taking around 3-4 minues to fully load the main page.

Edit - all seems to be fine now, must have just been a blip.

Edit - or not, it's running slow again.

Edited by S.C.G

front-page.png

The front page seems to be on something...

...and it's fixed.

Edited by martinist
fixed

Can't play videos from embedded tweets.

Haven't been able to for a while now. No idea if it's an issue on my end, but I've changed nothing with my browser in months (aside from the normal updates).

I've never been able to play them embedded on any site. Always end up having to click the link to the tweet and view it that way. 

The main site is broken.

jtablesession::Store Failed
DB function failed with error number 144

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ike said:

The main site is broken.

I've posted this in the staff section, though I've noticed that Shorty hasn't been on the forum for a good week or more, so I've sent him an e-mail. :)

I can't say what's wrong with the site as I haven't a clue, it might be back at some point soon, but at least we still have the forum. :peace:

Edit - update, Shorty has said he'll take a look at it.

Edited by S.C.G

Couple of things -

Sometimes when I hit reply, the box to type in at the bottom of the page doesn't appear, and I have to refresh the page to try again and see if the text entry box expands itself so I can type in it.

Second, whenever @will' thanks a post, I see some weird symbols instead of the comma in his name.

See below: 

image.png

Both these issues are on Chrome using a PC.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Sheikah said:

Couple of things -

Sometimes when I hit reply, the box to type in at the bottom of the page doesn't appear, and I have to refresh the page to try again and see if the text entry box expands itself so I can type in it.

Second, whenever @will' thanks a post, I see some weird symbols instead of the comma in his name.

See below: 

image.png

Both these issues are on Chrome using a PC.

The first has always been a problem and I think looking back years ago it is a problem with the software itself unfortunately.

The second is clearly Will's fault for using a special character in his name (but yeah I see it too).

Sorry! Given that @Will hasn’t visited in 14 years and only made one post before that can I just have his username?

12 minutes ago, will' said:

Sorry! Given that @Will hasn’t visited in 14 years and only made one post before that can I just have his username?

Yeah I'll sort this out later. Do you want a capital W too or still sticking to lowercase?

37 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Yeah I'll sort this out later. Do you want a capital W too or still sticking to lowercase?

If @will' knows what's good for him, he'll capitilse it.

Poor grammar in usernames makes you look slightly incompetent.