NEurope
Shorty

Report a Bug! [Read OP first]

Recent errors this morning were unrelated to the old issues, and arose because we ran out of disk space - partly because we still had copies of the old database etc which are very large. May mean we have to upgrade a bit in the future but for now it seems ok.

• Like 2

The new software and hosting are performing well, the hosting is just running out of space which brings everything to a halt.

If you receive a bug where links to the individual boards do not work, please clear your browser cache.

I just posted in the 'New Software' thread and then tried to post again but it wouldn't let me.

1. Initially I selected 2 posts to multi-quote, then pressed 'Quote 2 posts' in the bottom right and nothing happened.
  2. I click into the reply box and it greys out.
  3. I can't actually edit my own post. It asks for a reason, whether this reason should be public, but then I can't actually edit anything.

This is perhaps a feature rather than a bug, but I can't post in the new software thread until someone else does...

Edit - I have no idea what was going on, perhaps my browser or connection playing up but it's working now.

Sorry for downtime this morning, had not set up renewal properly on the new hosting :blush:

• Like 3

So I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but every time I try to compose a new Private Message, I get a pop-up telling me my Inbox is full. This happens even if there's only 1 message in there. I have to delete everything before I can write something new. That seems like a bug, unless I'm overlooking something here?

4 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

So I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but every time I try to compose a new Private Message, I get a pop-up telling me my Inbox is full. This happens even if there's only 1 message in there. I have to delete everything before I can write something new. That seems like a bug, unless I'm overlooking something here?

Can you try this again now?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cube said:

Can you try this again now?

Yep, it works. Ta very much!

Every so often I'm getting an issue where buttons just aren't clickable.  This includes the quick reply at the bottom of threads, clicking into it doesn't actually let me type.

It's raising null errors in the JavaScript console.

I've had it from time to time to but a refresh usually does it.

I know it doesn't sound like much of an answer (if any at all), but think it might be a software issue rather than anything we can fix.

• Like 1

Yeah I've spotted this but I'm not clear yet what causes it. It doesn't seem to happen on other Invision Boards but I haven't changed anything from the vanilla js so I'm at a bit of a loss.

I went to post in the want face thread, when I clicked into the quick reply box it pasted my previous post in there. I went to delete it but when I got to the Shorty mention it just kept lasting his name over and over. Not sure if this was an issue with my phone or the boards but was really weird.

2628oap.png

No I made it do that on purpose but only for you and there's only like a 1% chance of it happening :)

• Like 2

So, the Top 10 Ninty games thread has made me notice that spoilers don't stay spoilered when you try to quote someone.

Could just be me, but it happens on every device I've tried.

Spoiler

'Sup, bros?

3 minutes ago, Jonnas said:
  It does! (Reveal hidden contents)

'Sup, bros?

Thank you very much! :bowdown:

Edited by Jonnas

When I scroll down on mobile a big white block appears. The more is scroll the bigger it gets. 

See da pic. 

How do you post a actual picture...

http://tinypic.com?ref=238xea

Edited by James

It seems the glitch is back where the reply button or box doesn't work. You try to reply to something but the box doesn't actually opening, meaning you can't type anything. I have to reload the page and try again for it to work.

13 hours ago, James said:

When I scroll down on mobile a big white block appears. The more is scroll the bigger it gets. 

See da pic. 

How do you post a actual picture...

http://tinypic.com?ref=238xea

Happens to me as well, it's usually an ad.

2 hours ago, Shorty said:

I don't think that ever went away tbh, it's just a rare occurrence.

I get it pretty frequently. It used to just happen when posting using my phone but now it's also started to happen when posting on my desktop, as well.

Often, when I click on the reply box, if doesn't "activate", and won't let me type.

Does seem to be a weird bug with the software.  A refresh tends to do it, but I know that's not ideal.

I just updated to iOS 11 on my iPhone SE and the notification icons aren’t being displayed...

BBMaWDz.png 

Is it just me?

Edit: Never mind, they’re showing now.  Weird...

Edited by Dcubed