NEurope
Debug Mode

Pokemon Black & White 2

Clearly PokéPark 3DS :p

Not PokePark 3DS CONFIRMED!

Unless you said it purely because by saying it you would make us think it's a joke despite it not being a joke which would mean PokePark 3DS CONFIRMED!

...And thus my mind now runs in circles.

Official twitter and facebook for US has also posted saying to watch for the announcement on the 8th

I for one wouldn't mind a Ruby/Sapphire remake. If they make a 6th Gen, then they need to stop making new Pokémon. Or limit it to 20 maximum.

This is sounding like pretty big stuff, could Gen 6 really be coming this quickly?

It's not that early really. PKMN B&W came out in September 2010 in Japan. The Gen 6 games will probably come around September or so. I think that 3 years is long enough :)

Edit: Oh my... Seems that the official US PKMN Twitter account is now hyping up the event...

vaukd.png

One does wonder what it could all mean... :indeed:

Edited by Dcubed

I for one wouldn't mind a Ruby/Sapphire remake. If they make a 6th Gen, then they need to stop making new Pokémon. Or limit it to 20 maximum.

That's ridiculous. New Pokémon are the reason new games sell. Without them, it'd just be boring and the series would stagnate

Gen 5 did a really good job of making new Pokemon but not forcing the "Gotta Catch 'Em All" goal. Just "Gotta Catch All the New Ones and the if you're bored the old ones later but don't worry 'bout it". I really appreciated them putting the new monsters front and center and the old ones leaving until the end. I thought Gen 4 suffered by almost being ashamed of their new monsters. I could hardly find any most of the time!

Yeah true. I really loved how they made it so that no old Pokemon appear until you've finished the main game :)

That being said, I really doubt they'll do that again. They could do that because they already had a DS engine that they could rework, so they could focus moreso on the raw content of the game. With Gen 6, they'll have to start from scratch, so they won't be able to make as many new Pokemon as had appeared in B&W.

Gen 5 did a really good job of making new Pokemon but not forcing the "Gotta Catch 'Em All" goal. Just "Gotta Catch All the New Ones and the if you're bored the old ones later but don't worry 'bout it". I really appreciated them putting the new monsters front and center and the old ones leaving until the end. I thought Gen 4 suffered by almost being ashamed of their new monsters. I could hardly find any most of the time!

With Sinnoh, about 20 of the new Pokémon weren't even in the Sinnoh Pokédex until Platinum. It's ridiculous

So it seems Bulba called Joe fat or something in the Neogaf topic. :wtf:

So mature, isn't it -_-

That's ridiculous. New Pokémon are the reason new games sell. Without them, it'd just be boring and the series would stagnate

What's ridiculous is the amount we now have, the 'gotta catch 'em all' tag line and some of the shitty designs. But you won't see someone else's view.

They literally could have broke the mould with gen 3, changed the plot introduced a few new Pokémon. Made the story a little more interesting and not solely repeating the same thing over and over. We'd have a totally different series to what we have now, no gen 5 wasn't all that much of a change.

The majority market of these games is kids, luckily it's proven they love repetition.

What's ridiculous is the amount we now have, the 'gotta catch 'em all' tag line and some of the shitty designs. But you won't see someone else's view.

They literally could have broke the mould with gen 3, changed the plot introduced a few new Pokémon. Made the story a little more interesting and not solely repeating the same thing over and over. We'd have a totally different series to what we have now, no gen 5 wasn't all that much of a change.

The majority market of these games is kids, luckily it's proven they love repetition.

The last time the "Gotta Catch 'Em All" tagline was used was in 2001, and even then it was a US/Europe only thing, not Japan so not the true point

The last time the "Gotta Catch 'Em All" tagline was used was in 2001, and even then it was a US/Europe only thing, not Japan so not the true point

Why was it abandoned? Too many Mons to catch now?

Why was it abandoned? Too many Mons to catch now?

Probably because it was retarded :p

Besides, Ruby/Sapphire changed things a lot. The entire engine was scrapped and redone for RS, with the DP and BW engines being enhancements on it. It was the first to truly focus on a narrative (until BW made it the main bit of the game rather than the gyms).

As much as I hate Ruby & Sapphire, it changed the series for the better.

I honestly don't get why people want less Pokémon. I want each generation to be like Black & White was. No old Pokémon until you've finished. Without new Pokémon, then variety would go. You'd be using the same Pokémon over and over. The games would literally be the same but with a different story

I quite liked it. It was definitely a good marketing slogan though.

I quite liked it. It was definitely a good marketing slogan though.

It was good to make money, but so many take it as gospel as what the Pokémon series is about

Besides, Ruby/Sapphire changed things a lot. The entire engine was scrapped and redone for RS, with the DP and BW engines being enhancements on it. It was the first to truly focus on a narrative (until BW made it the main bit of the game rather than the gyms).

As much as I hate Ruby & Sapphire, it changed the series for the better.

I honestly don't get why people want less Pokémon. I want each generation to be like Black & White was. No old Pokémon until you've finished. Without new Pokémon, then variety would go. You'd be using the same Pokémon over and over. The games would literally be the same but with a different story

Hate is a bit of a strong word for R/S/E no? It might be my least favourite of the series, but it's certainly not a bad game at all! It introduced a lot of the staples that have defined the series since (natures, double battles etc) and evolved the metagame into the beast it is today!

Also "same game with a different story"? Come on man! You of all people should know that this isn't true. The Physical/Special system being overhauled for D/P/P alone is enough to make it a wholly different experience, with a whole different level of strategy (Hitmonchan actually became useful for godsake!)

That being said, B&W is my favourite of the series and a big reason behind that is the fact that it wiped the slate clean with only having the 150 new mons being accessible until the main game was finished (it's also the first game that I actually bothered to catch em all since G/S/C too :) )

I don't expect to get that from gen 6, purely because they have to write an all new game engine for the 3DS, in fact I wouldn't be surprised to see the least amount of new mons since R/S/E. I am excited to see what the 3DS hardware could offer though - full 3D environments with camera control perhaps? (The environments could also potentially be much more interactive as a result too!)

Not to mention new event Pokemon actually being added via Spotpass. No more would we know everything about what's upcoming any more! (Made all the sweeter by the end of the influence of Action Replay cartridges! :D )

Oh and just imagine if you could have a special box in your PC that trades random Pokemon with people via Streetpass! :love:

Edited by Dcubed

Hate is a bit of a strong word for R/S/E no? It might be my least favourite of the series, but it's certainly not a bad game at all! It introduced a lot of the staples that have defined the series since (natures, double battles etc) and evolved the metagame into the beast it is today!

Also "same game with a different story"? Come on man! You of all people should know that this isn't true. The Physical/Special system being overhauled for D/P/P alone is enough to make it a wholly different experience, with a whole different level of strategy (Hitmonchan actually became useful for godsake!)

That being said, B&W is my favourite of the series and a big reason behind that is the fact that it wiped the slate clean with only having the 150 new mons being accessible until the main game was finished (it's also the first game that I actually bothered to catch em all since G/S/C too :) )

I don't expect to get that from gen 6, purely because they have to write an all new game engine for the 3DS, in fact I wouldn't be surprised to see the least amount of new mons since R/S/E. I am excited to see what the 3DS hardware could offer though - full 3D environments with camera control perhaps? (The environments could also potentially be much more interactive as a result too!)

Not to mention new event Pokemon actually being added via Spotpass. No more would we know everything about what's upcoming any more! (Made all the sweeter by the end of the influence of Action Replay cartridges! :D )

Oh and just imagine if you could have a special box in your PC that trades random Pokemon with people via Streetpass! :love:

RS almost killed my love of the franchise :p

Yeah, I filled my post with hyperbole, but you have to admit that new Pokémon are why things sell. Look at Black & White; during the first two days of sale, they sold 2.5 million units. Gold/Silver, Ruby/Sapphire and Diamond/Pearl did 1.5 million each in their first two days. The other games then do half of that because they don't have new Pokémon

RS almost killed my love of the franchise :p

Yeah, I filled my post with hyperbole, but you have to admit that new Pokémon are why things sell. Look at Black & White; during the first two days of sale, they sold 2.5 million units. Gold/Silver, Ruby/Sapphire and Diamond/Pearl did 1.5 million each in their first two days. The other games then do half of that because they don't have new Pokémon

Didn't D/P actually outsell B&W? B&W was just much more frontloaded than the past games (a byproduct of appealing to an older audience and expanding the series' demographic reach)

Didn't D/P actually outsell B&W? B&W was just much more frontloaded than the past games (a byproduct of appealing to an older audience and expanding the series' demographic reach)

DP's sales include more time. BW is at just over 2 years old atm and has 15 million units. DP's from 4 years sales was at 17 million and is now sitting just below 18 million.

BW will undoubtedly outsell DP

DP's sales include more time. BW is at just over 2 years old atm and has 15 million units. DP's from 4 years sales was at 17 million and is now sitting just below 18 million.

BW will undoubtedly outsell DP

I dunno... I reckon that B&W might get capped at the knees by the death of the DS as a platform. I suppose that partially depends on how strong B&W2's legs end up being and how long it props up the DS' legs for though...

R/S almost made me lose interest but it came at a bad time. It was between "Pokemon being so cool cos we're kids and everything is awesome what is this new japanese franchise yeeees!" and "OMG Pokemon I remember this, omg so nostaligic, it's just like being back at school!". It was when Pokemon was its least cool.

And removing day/night was unforgivable. :P

People always get so annoyed about there being so many to catch but that is not the focus. If there is a focus, its to catch all the NEW ones, or the Pokedex (which always only the new ones plus a few extra). Catching them ALL is just for completists. There's usually too many other games for me to play to care for that.

I like Pokemon because you can play it for different goals... breeders, trainers, collectors, etc.

I REALLY WANT WHITE 2. I haven't bought a DS game since Black. And then before that was Platinum. LEL