NEurope
Debug Mode

Pokemon Black & White 2

I bought Black & White and completed them both, so I presume they're okay with me spending more of my money? Heh.

EDIT: What a lovely opening post.

Edited by Debug Mode

Well this is surprising!

It was pretty much garunteed that a new pokemon would be on the way soon, but B&W2? and for the DS? i did not expect that!

wonder if at E3 they announce a 3DS exclusive Pokemon to be released around Dec2012(JAP) / march 2013 for the rest of us??

Wow, didn't expect to see a "2" sequel. I'm guessing this means a new story? I hope they change Unova enough so it isn't too familiar.

wonder if at E3 they announce a 3DS exclusive Pokemon to be released around Dec2012(JAP) / march 2013 for the rest of us??

I'm sure Serebii can say for sure but I don't recall Nintendo ever first revealing a Pok?mon game at E3.

And I doubt they would give this new game just 6 months of shelf space before releasing another one. This is Nintendo, not Capcom :p

I guess there is no chance of them ever releasing a Pok?mon Grey now as if they called it Grey, people would think it old and if they called it Grey 2, people would wonder were the first one was.

Everyone loved how GS followed on from RB's story. This is essentially what it is, but done in the same generation. I don't know if it will still be in Unova or what, but I can't wait to find out

Aww man, Serebii?? I love your website, been on it for yearsssss... never knew you were a member of these Forums, how cool ;)

as for the possibility of Hoenn being in these games... well... I seriously never thought about that but it would be random and amazing. Not sure how it would fit in though... I'm really not sure about ANYTHING at the moment! I'm quite excitied about these games though...

"Autumn" release confirmed for EU:

NintendoUK

Brand new #Pokémon Black Version 2 & Pokémon White Version 2 for #NintendoDS coming to Europe this Autumn bit.ly/kbUYRb

That's a very impressive localisation turnabout time! @_@

Even given the worst case scenario (End of November), we've still be looking at a series record of just 4 months after the JPN release!

Not bad at all!

That's a very impressive localisation turnabout time! @_@

Even given the worst case scenario (End of November), we've still be looking at a series record of just 4 months after the JPN release!

Not bad at all!

Agreed!

Ohhh I'm excited now ;) Even if it is just your average 3RD entry, I still dig this.

I guess it won't take as long to localise this, as all the Pokémon will already have their European names (I'm guessing... there won't be any new Pokémon will there?)

Cool Autumn I allredy Registerd my interest at my Game store from twitter

Well done canand you're an example to us all. :)

But there is the possibility that Game won't be around by the time this actually releases so you might want to consider a back-up plan... just saying. :heh:

Well done canand you're an example to us all. :)

But there is the possibility that Game won't be around by the time this actually releases so you might want to consider a back-up plan... just saying. :heh:

I hope not I like game and my game say there not closeing anytime soon

That's what a certain Gamestop store that I used to visit said and they were closed down less than a month ago, still it's only a possibility but a real one.

--------------------------

So, Black and White 2... colour me interested but it has been several months since I last played my copy of Black so it'll have to feature something pretty special if Gamefreak want me to invest again so soon...

... with that said I have bought every main iteration Pokemon game since the original Red & Blue so I guess I'll end up getting suckered in once again soemhow. :indeed:

That's what a certain Gamestop store that I used to visit said and they were closed down less than a month ago, still it's only a possibility but a real one.

--------------------------

So, Black and White 2... colour me interested but it has been several months since I last played my copy of Black so it'll have to feature something pretty special if Gamefreak want me to invest again so soon...

... with that said I have bought every main iteration Pokemon game since the original Red & Blue so I guess I'll end up getting suckered in once again soemhow. :indeed:

Anyway if they close down there is always online

It's not the standard third entry :)

No? So you reckon (Know) it's a new region or something? :P

I suppose my dream would be... a new region, next to Unova... akin to how the first and second game worked I suppose?

Black and White felt like a soft Reboot, and it worked really well for me... so to have a sequel, follwing on this reboot, with the NEW 150 odd, plus a few new ones... would be dreamy indeed.

Either way I have only been dissapointed by one generation, that being IV... so it's a good track record and I have confidence that I will love whatever this turns out to be.

Well this is still GenV so I doubt they'll be hundreds of new Pokémon, maybe some but I doubt many or even any. I think this just because I can imagine part of B+W2's appeal will be the connectivity between the first games and the first games won't be able to have any new Pokémon in.

Course it won't have any new Pokémon. New forms are essentially what they do to add Pokémon without adding Pokémon :)

Course it won't have any new Pokémon. New forms are essentially what they do to add Pokémon without adding Pokémon :)

Well when I said about it being your average 3rd entry... as in Same game but tweaks and additions here and there, new story... you said it wasn't just that? ;) Surely if it has all the same pokemon, save a few new forms and stuff then it IS just what we have always come to expect from the 3rd entry.. I know this is a new take on it, as in two versions.. but still

Well when I said about it being your average 3rd entry... as in Same game but tweaks and additions here and there, new story... you said it wasn't just that? ;) Surely if it has all the same pokemon, save a few new forms and stuff then it IS just what we have always come to expect from the 3rd entry.. I know this is a new take on it, as in two versions.. but still

They're clearly stating it's a new adventure and the 2 indicates sequel, not the same game

They're clearly stating it's a new adventure and the 2 indicates sequel, not the same game

Yeah I do get that... but I know what Nintendo or Gamefreak are like with their enthusiastic wording. Platinum was billed as... NEW ADVENTURE, it's even on the website still... but it only had a few additions and the dimension thing... but that was not a new story was it? So until I see it in black and white (pun... sort of intended) I am just taking this as the same old affair with the 3rd release. Having a 2 on the end doesn't really say anything radical or different. It's a new tact for them, sure. Anyway... all the 3rd releases have had more subsantial, newer content... including plotline.. and the amount of new stuff has gradually increased over releases... so perhaps they really are going balls out with this. I am actually more than happy to retread the same Land, with the same pokemon if they hav a significantly different plot... I guess we shall wait and see... I suppose my question would be... if it is the same region, completely new story... well... is that really enough? Because surely it will still follow the same route around the map... or do you think they will mix things up a little??

I'm not being argumentative, really :P I just need to see more details to actually believe that it is ditching the trend that most 3rd releases have had.

Edited by Deku-Nutz

Anyway if they close down there is always online

Get ready to order online canand - and anyone else pre-ordering this game - as Game have announced literally less than 10 days before the launch of Mass Effect 3 that they aren't stocking it and if they aren't stocking one of the 'biggest' games of 2012 then it doesn't bode well for any other games or the stores future in the high-street.

If I end up pre-ordering Black & White 2 then it'll definitely be with ShopTo... at least you can rely on them!

Of course you can rely on ShopTo and pretty much any Online place. It's only the actual highstreet shops that are doomed.