NEurope
Debug Mode

Pokemon Black & White 2

So with X/Y drawing very close is anyone doing a last minute rush to try and finish Black/White 2.

I've been telling myself all Summer long I would complete the National Dex and this past week I've started to get to work on it. I was really annoyed that you can't transfer White to White 2 via the Poketransfer tool so it's slow going.

Currently own 525 and seen 550.

Also want to try and upgrade my trainer card and get as many medals as possible before the release date.

I just hope items like the Shiny charm and egg charm can be transferred to X/Y

So with X/Y drawing very close is anyone doing a last minute rush to try and finish Black/White 2.

I've been telling myself all Summer long I would complete the National Dex and this past week I've started to get to work on it. I was really annoyed that you can't transfer White to White 2 via the Poketransfer tool so it's slow going.

Currently own 525 and seen 550.

Also want to try and upgrade my trainer card and get as many medals as possible before the release date.

I just hope items like the Shiny charm and egg charm can be transferred to X/Y

They're key items so they won't

Just got my Palkia today, probably the only thing worth going into GAME for these days... honestly it's full of casual idiot 'gamers' who barely know what a good game is. :p

[/rant]

Giratina in a week and a half then! :D

I went into a couple of GAME's this weekend (after not having been in one in a while).

They are absolute fucking shit holes. Terrible prices, terrible selections, even WORSE selections on accessories (literally three DS carry cases to choose from, Monsters University, Minnie Mouse, or GAME's fantastic value own "deluxe pack" consisting of like...a case, and a stylus or some shit for £20).

Awful.

This arrived on Saturday.

DhphqilXcAAOGXs.jpg

I didn't have time to crack on with it over the weekend but i'm hoping to get started on it sometime this week. It will be interesting to see how much it differs from the first game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 09/07/2018 at 10:08 AM, Hero-of-Time said:

This arrived on Saturday.

DhphqilXcAAOGXs.jpg

I didn't have time to crack on with it over the weekend but i'm hoping to get started on it sometime this week. It will be interesting to see how much it differs from the first game.

Wow, nice score! Where did you get it from and how much did it cost you??

21 minutes ago, markderoos said:

Wow, nice score! Where did you get it from and how much did it cost you??

Ebay and it was only £22. I really wanted Black 2 but I couldn't find a sealed copy that was as good a price as what this was.

• Like 1

I didn't even know that Nintendo did a reprint of B&W 2 after the WFC shutdown! That's really interesting to see just how recently they were printing DS games still!

• Thanks 1

Black and White 2 is one of my favourite Pokemon games, I'm not surprised it was being printed for so long. I remember when I was able to link the game to the first and adding personalised lore, when your protag from the first game gets mentioned by name in the flashbacks made the adventure feel like a true personalised sequel. It makes me want to find them and play them both again.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

So I picked up White 2 last year about a month before the first lockdown was announced, and at the time it was the only story in a core series game I hadn't experienced myself in any shape or form beyond helping my younger brother back when the game originally launched with Black 2. 

I played it for a couple of hours, but dropped it. I think with everything going on it weirdly wasn't an attractive proposition at the time to go picking on the old nostalgia string, but I've got quite a bit of time to chomp away at it now, and so I just booted it back up. For some reason I decided to save in the Castelia gym before getting the third badge, which is super weird! 

Anyways, the real reason I'm posting here is that I had one note from my time with the game last year, and that was that the Female Clerk Encounter Theme was unnecessarily awesome. 

It's still true. I remember not starting the battle for a good few minutes just to listen to it :D (this is all to say that the DS games had the best music, don't @ me)

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Julius said:

It's still true. I remember not starting the battle for a good few minutes just to listen to it :D (this is all to say that the DS games had the best music, don't @ me)

Fine, I'll quote you instead.

Because you would've been right. Until Sword/Shield cane out with it's disgustingly good soundtrack!

• Angry 1

14 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Fine, I'll quote you instead.

Because you would've been right. Until Sword/Shield cane out with it's disgustingly good soundtrack!

7KQJ.gif

Well, it's a free country. You're entitled to your wrong opinion :p

I kid, but while I did enjoy a fair chunk of Sword & Shield's OST, the cheering vocals didn't quite grab me like it did others, so there are quite a few main series soundtracks I'd stick above it. 

Then again, I have yet to play the Expansion Pass stuff. How's the music in that compared to the main game? 

Edited by Julius

5 minutes ago, Ike said:

Yeah, Sword & Shield's soundtrack wasn't that great.

What the actual tier-two swear word!?

It's one thing putting other top-tier Pokémon soundtracks above it, but saying it's not great is a whole different thing!

Like, how can you even say the likes of these battle themes don't hold up?

So good, Jimquisition co-opted it for their "Bethesda is Naughty" segments.

UnsteadySpecificDormouse-size_restricted

A much needed return to form after Sun/Moon's really weak soundtrack.

34 minutes ago, Julius said:

Then again, I have yet to play the Expansion Pass stuff. How's the music in that compared to the main game? 

Just as great, lots of styles that differ from the main game.

One in The Isle of Armour that sticks in my mind.

Spoiler

And have a funky take on Gen 1 music, instead of just reusing it lazily (Looking at you, 3DS titles!)

• Thanks 1