NEurope
Debug Mode

Pokemon Black & White 2

Much required bump seeing as this is coming out this month and Serebii updated with this picture:

182801_311373108948983_104275624_n.jpg

Copying the translation I put in the comments..

N: Zekrom informed me that Kyurem is suffering/worried

So will it be possible to play a Japanese copy of the game on a Pal Nintendo ds lite?

It should work on a DS lite, yep. Strange thing is one of my friends at university insists his Japanese copy of Black works on his UK DSi, so I've always been confused when it comes to region locked DSi enhanced games.

It should work on a DS lite, yep. Strange thing is one of my friends at university insists his Japanese copy of Black works on his UK DSi, so I've always been confused when it comes to region locked DSi enhanced games.

That is good news about DS lite. I didn't know they started region protecting ds games. They didn't used to with regular ds games when the ds was released.

That is good news about DS lite. I didn't know they started region protecting ds games. They didn't used to with regular ds games when the ds was released.

Nintendo has always had a thing for anti-consumer practices, I imagine it took them until the DSi to implement it because they never thought to implement an updatable operating system for their handhelds.

And it's the main reason why I would absolutely love the 3DS to be hacked but that's unlikely because people actually had no luck with the DSi.

Edited by Debug Mode
Mistakes

Nintendo has always had a thing for anti-competitive practices, I imagine it took them until the DSi to implement it because they never thought to implement an updatable operating system for their handhelds.

And it's the main reason why I would absolutely love the 3DS to be hacked but that's unlikely because people actually had no luck with the DSi.

If you own a DSi and don't mind about not being able to play online is it possible to just not update the operating system? It is annoying but I don't really blame Nintendo for adding anti competitive practices they have to combat piracy some how.

If you own a DSi and don't mind about not being able to play online is it possible to just not update the operating system? It is annoying but I don't really blame Nintendo for adding anti competitive practices they have to combat piracy some how.

Nope, that's not how it works apparently. Each region has their own firmware and if the DSi enhanced game cartridge's region doesn't match up with the firmware region, it wont recognise it.

Also, anti-consumer and anti-competitive practices has nothing to do with piracy. A console being open to play a game from any region isn't any more susceptible to piracy as a region locked console. This may surprise people but as it stands with lead platforms, Nintendo is currently the only console manufacturer that has region locking on their consoles. Playstation 3 and the Vita are completely region free and the Xbox 360 allows any region games but it's up to the publishers whether they want to lock it or not.

Cool I can't wait for Pokemon Black 2

WHAT'S WRONG WITH POKEMON WHITE 2?

WHAT'S WRONG WITH POKEMON WHITE 2?

Becuse I had Pokemon White and my mum had Pokemon Black

Well Junichi Masuda suggested getting the version of the game that matched the last one so you get Black 2 if you got Black etc

Well Junichi Masuda suggested getting the version of the game that matched the last one so you get Black 2 if you got Black etc

I thought he said if you got White then get Black 2

Nope. If you had Black, get Black 2, and if you have White, get White 2.

Here's why?

Black - Black 2

n1.jpg - n.jpg

White - White 2

n1-2.jpg - n2.jpg

And possibly more

Preordered the soundtrack. Has some unreleased music from B&W apparently. Also has tracks from Emerald and Platinum. Not sure if those are "unreleased" as well. Totally missed the fact B&W1 had a soundtrack as well.

Nope, that's not how it works apparently. Each region has their own firmware and if the DSi enhanced game cartridge's region doesn't match up with the firmware region, it wont recognise it.

Also, anti-consumer and anti-competitive practices has nothing to do with piracy. A console being open to play a game from any region isn't any more susceptible to piracy as a region locked console. This may surprise people but as it stands with lead platforms, Nintendo is currently the only console manufacturer that has region locking on their consoles. Playstation 3 and the Vita are completely region free and the Xbox 360 allows any region games but it's up to the publishers whether they want to lock it or not.

oh really wow that is actually quite annoying. They didn't do that before with the gameboy and the original ds. I don't want to buy a japanese ds. :sad:

Thanks Serebii I will get White 2 but would we go to Black City instead of White Forest?

I'd like to see that Pokemon olympics back for this game. It seemed bizarre to get rid of them after only just introducing them in SS/HG. They're the best optional contests that have been in the main series. The singing/dancing/theatre stuff is just so bland and boring.

Serebii; any WIFI event Pokemon we need to look out for that will unlock stuff in B2/W2?

I'd like to see that Pokemon olympics back for this game. It seemed bizarre to get rid of them after only just introducing them in SS/HG. They're the best optional contests that have been in the main series. The singing/dancing/theatre stuff is just so bland and boring.

Serebii; any WIFI event Pokemon we need to look out for that will unlock stuff in B2/W2?

Not as far as I know yet. Keldeo and Meloetta unlock new things in it, but we don't know what (well we know Keldeo unlocks his new form)

PKMN B&W just happen to be the only DSi card games that aren't region locked. Twas very convinient for me! :D

Keldeo's new form

corocorojuly.jpg

Oh god.. that horn looks a lot like the certain latex product of choice for /v/. I dare not speak of its name.

I was just looking at some games on ShopTo and it has a release date for Pokemon Black2 and White2.

Possible release date?

I would be incredibly surprised if that were true. Here's to hoping though!

resolute.jpg

ome version exclusives have been confirmed: Magby/Magmar/Magmortar & Buneary/Lopunny are exclusive to Black 2, while Elekid/Electabuzz/Electivire and Skitty/Delcatty are exclusive to White 2

Cities have had vast changes from Black & White

PokéTransfer works for all Generation IV DS games

Different cave between versions. One game is Water based, while the other is Magma based. Black City & White Forest return

Elesa's Gym has become like a fashion show. She has a Flaaffy

In the forest in Sangi Town, you need Terrakion, Virizion and Cobalion in order to change form to Resolution Form. It appears to change once it learns Secret Sword. Resolution Form is 1.4m and 48.5kg

First WiFi distribution confirmed. A Piplup that knows Sing is to be given over WiFi on Black 2 & White 2 only from July 20th 2012 to August 9th 2012

You will receive a special Fes Mission in Castelia City if you show a person Meloetta. This mission, A Great Berry Search Adventure, has you search for Berries in Unova. It lasts 3 minutes.

Another Fes Mission is the "Search for Audino" mission

The Join Avenue image shows the user at a shop where an item is being sold, 'Gambare A Lunch', which is said to increase Hit Point Base Points (as in EVs) when consumed by a Pokémon

Porygon confirmed to be available within Pokémon Dream Radar. You can use Dream Orbs obtained in Dream Radar to power your capture device

Item is confirmed to change the forms of Tornadus, Thundurus & Landorus. It is called the Reflecting Mirror and is only found by taking the Landorus captured in Dream Radar to a specific area of the game. This item will change the Sacred Beast Formes into Incarnation Forme. They also have different abilities

Tornadus has Regenerator, Thundurus has Volt Absorb, Landorus has Intimidate