NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Caris

What do you eat in a day?

As many of you know I'm on a diet and have been for a couple of years now. I'm almost finished my weight loss but as stupid as this sounds I can't really remember what is a normal daily food intake. I've been counting calories so long and eating boring things like crackers I'm a little worried I'm either going to start eating too little or stuff my face when I get to my goal weight.

So if you have a minute, and are obviously a healthy weight would you just give me a rundown of what you eat on a day to day basis?

Edited by Caris

Got a bit of excess baggage, but nothing major. I eat most of my food at dinner. My daily intake consists of Banana and Tangerine for breakfast (sometimes cereal). Usually a sandwich for lunch and a tin of mackerel (though sometimes just the mackerel if I'm at home all day). Then for dinner I eat about 3-4 times the average (accordign to the packets).

Most of my fatness comes from alcohol and drunken fried chicken.

Just do loads of exercise, it's a much more effective way of losing weight.

That's not his problem. He's done the fatty2skinny thing, now he needs to know what is normal eating so that he doesn't do the fatty2skinny2fatty thing. Having said that, if you exercise (like @chairdriver said) you can eat loads.

The best thing about my eating habits is my breakfast. I have a banana, a handful of raisins and a glass (250ml) of fruit juice. That's three of my five-a-day sorted.

Weekday

- Breakfast: Bacon & Egg Sandwich

- Lunch: Microwavable rice.

- Tea: Usually Mon pizza, Tue Chile Con Carne, Wed Spag Bol, Thu Chicken in mushroom sauce, Fri Chicken in cheese sauce.

Saturday

- Breakfast: Bacon & Egg Buttie

- Lunch: Usually eat out, burger & chips

- Tea: Pizza

Sunday

- Breakfast:Bacon & Egg Sammich

- Lunch: Soup + Bread/Prawn Crackers/something

- (every other week, varies): Chicken Dinner at my Dad's

- Tea: Potato Wedges and fish/chicken in breadcrumb/similar.

Plus various snacks and things.

I don't think fat suddenly appears, if you see it start to come then you can start exercising more or eat less or both. As soon as I think it would be annoying to have to eat the next bit of my food I stop eating and potentially leave it there for hours. I'm a very erratic eater, so I can't help <- pointless post :p

This is what I usually eat day to day:

Breakfast: 3 boiled eggs (usually have one yolk and three just egg whites)

3 Weetabix

A Banana and maybe some other fruit

At work: I'll have whatever is on offer, which is usually...

Salmon/Chicken + rice

Potatoes

Carrots

Lettuce + Cucumber + Tomtato

I'll also have a jug of milk throughout the day

Home: Chicken with rice (a few hundred grams of chicken)

Four slices of Toast

Fruit

Sometimes a protein shake in the evening

That's roughly what I eat day to day. On weekends, I will have some more toast in the morning.

Food:

* 2 Shredded Wheat (with sugar)

* Afternoon meal (protein, carbohydrates and vegetables)

* 3 bits of fruit

* Peanuts

* 1 or 2 packets of crisps

* Chocolate bar

* 2 small Bakewell tarts

...But also bits here and there. You just have to listen to your body, whether you're really hungry or not.

Drink:

* 500ml Lucozade

* Coca-Cola (probably about 1 Litre)

* Orange juice

* Squash (not overly relevant, but I wanted to make the point that I drink a lot of watery drinks as well)

Just realised I don't have two proper meals. That's due to my lifestyle/job though, not dieting. If I got up earlier in the day, I'd probably have breakfast, lunch and dinner, but that's not the case, so I don't.

Just do loads of exercise, it's a much more effective way of losing weight.

Actually that's not entirely true as it depends a lot on the individual, but a discussion for the Weight-loss thread!

It really depends for me and what I'm doing. As I'm working from home and don't have anything scheduled until the afternoons I'm generally getting out of bed at 10am (having done emails the hour preceding that) and will half a brunch at 11:30 or so.

Today I had:

Half baguette with Flora Light, ham, salad and peperoni.

Cup of soup

On the way to work at 3pm I had a Crunchie.

For dinner at around 7pm I had a chicken curry with noodles (I prefer them to rice and they're high in protein and lower in carbs).

I'm just heading out to the gym at the moment and I'll probably have some toast at around 11pm when I get home.

Saturday's are different for me as I need to be out the house by 8:25. I generally can't be bothered getting up in time to have breakfast so skip that and instead have an energy drink otherwise I can't deal with my first class of 6 3-4 year old girls!

I'm in the pool constantly from 9-11:30 and no chance to eat. As soon as I get out Idrive to the next pool. I'll stop at the corner shop and buy a couple of bacon rolls. That will get me through (just) the 12:30-4:30 shift. Come home, have some toast, sleep and then make dinner. Generally something like a curry, chilli con carne.

I tend not to snack too much but it really depends what I'm doing. If I'm in the pool a lot I'm starving when I get out. I find days when I'm at the computer all day I tend to eat more crap.

I do cal zigzag so every day is different. Some days I only eat 1300 calories and some i go up to 3500.

And yes I'm with Charlie, its not always just enough to exercise, and in all honesty a bit patronising to people who have to make an effort to cut down. I was gymming 4/5x a week and burning near on 900 calories per session and not losing weight because I was eating healthily, but not cutting down on portions. It sounds like an excuse etc but some people just simply do not have an active metabolism.

Think the trick is just getting portion sizes correct and keeping an eye on your calorie intake really... You've done well to get as far as you have so i'm sure you've an idea what's good to eat and whats not :)

I dunno if this would be any use to you : http://www.bupa.co.uk/individuals/health-information/directory/p/hi-portion-size

I don't think I've ever counted calories. I should probably make more of an effort to be more careful.

I don't drink fizzy drinks any more and don't buy chocolate/crisps at work or home. So my average day looks a bit like this:

Breakfast:

Some fruit (usually bananas and pears)

Porridge with no added sugar

Cup of tea

Lunch:

Sandwich and/or soup

Drink of water/orange juice

Snack:

Fruit (we get free fruit at work, so I tend to eat a lot of it.)

Tea:

Chicken, chips and veg or some variation

A yoghart for pudding

I'm a lot better than I was and try my best to eat properly, I do shift work so sometimes it's difficult to have a decent lunch and tea when your lunch is at 11am.

:).

Always stop eating when you need to, so many people like Raining has said, will eat the whole lot to save wasting food, but if you feel full - stop! It's less worry on your body and you won't fill up on crap later.

Cool thread bro.

Breakfast: Nearly always just a bowl of muesli these days, along with coffee and a cigarette :heh:

Lunch: Sandwich of some sort. Probably involving cheese.

Dinner: Can be a few things, maybe a bowl of pasta, soup and a sandwich, chilli, some chicken or fish, maybe even a salad on occasion.

I desperately need to eat more fresh fruit and vegetables though, my nutrition is terrible in this aspect.

While we're at this foody stuff, can anyone recommend any cheap, tasty, nutritious meals a student with a terrible kitchen like me could make? :heh:

Protein shakes. All day, every day. And nothing else.

I have liquidised all of my eggs, fish, animals and poultry into shakes.

Glubglubglubbb.

I have liquidised all of my eggs, fish, animals and poultry into shakes.

Glubglubglubbb.

tumblr_lzygw3CJ1K1qefx1ao1_500.gif

Rice.

Every day. Twice a day.

Rice.

Occasionally some weeds pulled up from the apartment complex, boiled with garlic and soy sauce.

But mostly, rice.

"well, dear, what would you like with your gristly pig penis?"

"hmm... How about rice?"

"didn't you have rice yesterday?"

"by golly,myou know I think I did! And I might have had it for lunch today as well!"

"so, how about a change?"

"no, change is the method used by the evil former Colonial powers used to bring China down."

"so, rice then? "

"yes, rice."

Rice.

Breakfast - nothing. I'm either asleep or rushing to work. I know this is terrible and something i often want to make time for. If i did, it would probably be toast and cereal (i love Crunchy Nut!!!)

Lunch - weekdays consist of various sandwiches from Tesco, subs from Subway or baguettes from eat4less. Always combined with a pack of crisps and a can of drink. Sometimes i will be greedy and get a sausage roll or pastie from Greggs too. On rare occasions, i will have left-overs from last night's dinner.

Dinner - usually one of the following...

Something with chips (various types of chicken, fish etc)

Pukka Pie with roasties and veg

Chilli-con-carne

Thai red curry with chicken

Pasta bake or some other pasta dish

Pizza

Weekends get a bit fat. Lunch is more or less the same depending what we have. I'll sometimes have cereal and a variety of little things like hot crossed buns or yoghurt.

Dinner is usually a take-away though, either curry or chinese. Maybe a Mcdonalds/KFC/Burger King on occasion.

I hate lunch sandwiches from Tesco/Pret/etc. There's always something really grim about them.

I hate lunch sandwiches from Tesco/Pret/etc. There's always something really grim about them.

I know, but i am too lazy to make my own, and i refuse to pay more than £2 for lunch, unless it is a £3 sub and drink deal from Subway! I was gutted when they stopped their sub of the days. I do get bored of sandwiches though. I need to find other cheap lunch options in the city, but this takes exploration time which is best spent on Pullblox :heh:

Sign in to follow this