NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Nintendo Direct: 22nd Feb

That gif is pure comedic quality. :)

I wouldn't get hyped though. As long as there is no US equivalent of the "Direct" presentation/whatever they call it, this will most likely primarily concern Japan.

Edit: We can probably expect some Kid Icarus details. Maybe something on "Nintendo Network" and DLC stuff (should we abbreviate as "NiNe"? ;)).

Edited by Burny

That gif is pure comedic quality. :)

I wouldn't get hyped though. As long as there is no US equivalent of the "Direct" presentation/whatever they call it, this will most likely primarily concern Japan.

Edit: We can probably expect some Kid Icarus details. Maybe something on "Nintendo Network" and DLC stuff (should we abbreviate as "NiNe"? ;)).

I think "NinNet" would be a good abbreviation :D

Looks like this will be bigger than the last Nintendo Direct. Apparently they are advertising it on Swap Note/Letterbox, with messages from Iwata in Japan and Reggie in the US. :)

Oh sh!t, RETRO'S NEW PROJECT :D :D :D

:laughing:

If only....

Ah well, let's just await the bombs and megatons and a Pikmin 3 Trailer.

Where's our message!? Japan gets Iwata, US gets Reggie, EU gets ????

Hell I'd even accept a message from Nikki! How am I supposed to know to go view this video where they announce Shenmue 3 for 3DS/Wii U and the western version of Fire Emblem Awakening and Monster Hunter 3G? (with online play added :D)

Maybe something on "Nintendo Network" and DLC stuff (should we abbreviate as "NiNe"? ;)).

I think most people have decided to go with NiN (Nine Inch Nails be damned!)

I think "NinNet" would be a good abbreviation :D

Too unwieldy for an abbreviation, imo.

I think most people have decided to go with NiN (Nine Inch Nails be damned!)

Who are most people? :heh: It's ambiguous due to the band's name and inconsistent on top of that. Why put the "i" in there, but not the "e"? I think I'd even prefer "NN" to that...

So, the US get one, too? Then there might be hope for some solid news. Regardless of how much or important news there will be, I just watched most of the last one with Reggie and I think these "Direct"-videos are actually great. This way, they can put news out, that would otherwise be buried in long press releases full of marketing speak, which might never directly reach many consumers unless they're actively following gaming news sites. If they spice things up with some new footage, it's a nice way to aggregate information and announcements.

Edit: While we're speculating about MH with added online, how about some news about that 3DS revision with the built in complete control setup? ;)

Edited by Burny

Well, if both NoA and NoE are going to the trouble of directly hosting the video, there must be something of importance coming. As @Burny suggested, it's probably details on the Nintendo Network and a handful of games for the 3DS. Probably nothing too big to get overly hyped for.

Although saying that, Nintendo did say they'd progressively reveal information about the Wii U leading up to E3. While it's probably too early for them to start that now, I'd suspect at some point (perhaps the next Nintendo Direct they hold in March) they'll start revealing stuff.

But yes, most likely about the Nintendo Network on the 3DS and perhaps some more news on the revival of 'classic' third party software.

I'm looking forward to it! I'm not sure what to expect, whilst the last one wasn't full of megatons, it did have some nice nuggets of information, including the Letter Box announcement.

I hope they do reveal some Wii U news though, it doesn't have to be much, just a little bit. Being kept completely in the dark for this long, with such little time left before release, is starting to grate on me. I can't get hyped about the console with such little information!

I WANT SOME "BLUE FALCON"!

3.jpg

NO! That's a bad Dem0! NO!

F-Zero must make its glorious return in HD on the WiiU, by boogity!

Unless you meant that of course :laughing:

Edited by Fused King

Having played a few handheld racing games recently, I agree with you.

Reggie is ready...

...to talk about the stand of doom and announce the localization of the Kid Icarus anime. ;)

That's Exactly what I want, GX looked stunning on the GCN. The next F-Zero MUST be on the WiiU!

EDIT: This was on ONM:

So that means you've got three Nintendo Direct messages to look forward to tomorrow. First up is Nintendo President Satoru Iwata at 11am.

That will be followed by the Nintendo Europe message at midday. You can watch it at nintendo.co.uk.

Finally, Reggie Fils-Aime will be delivering his own Nintendo Direct video tomorrow afternoon at 2pm.

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/35651/first-nintendo-direct-europe-video-to-be-broadcast-tomorrow/

would they all be covering different topics considering they're on 3 different times?

I'm really looking forward to this as it's my day off! :yay:

Edited by -Dem0-

I'm really looking forward to this as it's my day off! :yay:

Same here. I booked a few days off for The Last Story and all of this just happened to happen. Sweet!

Surely it's no coincidence that this is happening on the same day as the Vita releases in the west. All i'm looking for is confirmation that MH3G is heading to Europeans and that it has some form on online function.

Same here. I booked a few days off for The Last Story and all of this just happened to happen. Sweet!

Surely it's no coincidence that this is happening on the same day as the Vita releases in the west. All i'm looking for is confirmation that MH3G is heading to Europeans and that it has some form on online function.

I think thats certainly the aim of having it tomorrow, after all didn't sony announce the Vita the same day the 3DS launched?

tit for tat you see

other than a monster hunter 3 localization i have no idea what it could be, well no idea what its likely to be, i have plenty of wild hopes

info on the new zelda 3DS

info on a Retro made Zelda (prays)

Info on the Wiiu

Name change for Wiiu

if they announce all of them i think my head would explode and certainly take my mind of the temptation of a Vita

would they all be covering different topics considering they're on 3 different times?

Seems that way. Originally I thought we were just going to get the English translation of the Japanese one but I guess we're getting an Europe specific one as well. The Japanese one would probably have to be relevant to us as well in the first place though. No good about Iwata talking about some quirky title only coming out in Japan. I think the last one was only in Japanese wasn't it?

Personally I'd like a release date for Rhythm Heaven and confirmation of an English release of Fire Emblem: Awakening, but otherwise I'm not going to get my hopes up to high :P

I'm starting to think that Nintendo will have too much information to save til E3. They are in a difficult position as I think that it's important that they really deliver their message properly in June so some stuff is going to have to get shown off before.

So what do they show? Everything about the 3DS that was going to be in E3? Start trickling the information about the Wii U?

I'm starting to think that Nintendo will have too much information to save til E3. They are in a difficult position as I think that it's important that they really deliver their message properly in June so some stuff is going to have to get shown off before.

So what do they show? Everything about the 3DS that was going to be in E3? Start trickling the information about the Wii U?

At events like these I would like to see the 3DS games we already know about. The likes of Luigi's Mansion, Animal Crossing, Paper Mario, along with any Japanese titles that have yet to arrive on these shores getting a confirmation of a release over here, such as Monster Hunter, Fire Emblem etc. Then maybe one or two surprises for the E-Shop. Any new game announcements should be saved for E3, unless it's Zelda, then they can announce that whenever they like. :D

In terms of the Wii U, I would like Nintendo to try and keep as much as possible for E3 for a massive blowout. The only thing I wouldn't mind would be if they decide to change the name and announce that earlier.

I can bet my house they ain't going to burst out some new WiiU info! but good points there H-o-T, games that we know, but don't have enough detail. this is an opportune time.

but on the topic of Zelda! I think it would be better if Nintendo...

scaled.php?server=815&filename=ww3d.jpg&res=medium

SAVES THIS FOR E3!

Edited by -Dem0-

I can bet my house they ain't going to burst out some new WiiU info! but good points there H-o-T, games that we know, but don't have enough detail. this is an opportune time.

but on the topic of Zelda! I think it would be better if Nintendo...

scaled.php?server=815&filename=ww3d.jpg&res=medium

SAVES THIS FOR E3!

1239788892_jizz-in-my-pants.gif

It really just depends what Nintendo's strategy is behind doing the conference. I can see plenty of merit in putting in a little Wii U tease.