NEurope
MoogleViper

Attracted/aroused

Stemmed from chat room conversations.

Does looking at an attractive face turn you on? Do you think there's a difference between being attracted to somebody and being sexually attracted to somebody? If so what is the difference? Can you be attracted to somebody that you can't be sexually attracted to? (and vice versa) Do you think these answers would differ between genders and sexualities? Do you like it when guys are tied up, gagged and struggling?

Thoughts and discussions people.

You can be attracted to people's personalities... you can get on really well with someone who you aren't sexually attracted to definitely.

I would certainly say that you can find someone attractive but still not be sexually attracted to them...

Most of the time I'll find someone attractive and want to have sex with them... but sometimes I will see someone who I know is attractive but (usually because I've got to know them and know our personalities clash) not want to have sex with them. It feels like that's a really obvious answer to give lol.

There are people out there who aren't sexually attracted to anyone but still have boyfriends/girlfriends etc. I'm getting into territory I don't know much about but there are asexual people out there who just don't even think about sex, or the thought of it repels them (like a typical straight male when asked about sex with another man).

Yeah it cropped up that asexuals can be attracted to someone, but not sexually attracted to them. I don't really understand that. I can distinguish between being attracted to somebody's personality and wanting to just bork somebody, but I couldn't imagine getting with somebody if I didn't feel both.

Hmm, I've never looked at someone and thought "I so want to have sex with them!"...

I can find people attractive (both male and female), but I never really have a sexual feeling to go with that. It really is just looking at them and thinking they look handsome/pretty/beautiful... and maybe wishing I could look the same. =P

Yeah, I think it's possible to find someone attractive and not want to have sex with them and there's a difference between the two but I don't think they're not big differences. There are women out there who I find very attractive and yet I wouldn't want to have sex with them but yet there are others out there that I would, probably within a heartbeat. Either way though, I am attracted to them which is where I think there's not that much difference. It all depends on what you actually find attractive in that person whether it be what they're wearing to their personality to their body.

Edited by Animal

The girl may be a complete bitch but there's denying the splendor of a banging rack.

I mean no denying the splendor. Bloody phone won't let me edit the post.

Interesting thread.

I see it as there being a type of 'objective' (based more on cultural perceptions) judgement of a person's attractiveness, as well as a more subjective personal feeling of attraction you have to a person. For instance, I'm straight, but I can tell when another male is considered attractive without actually being attracted to him, whereas if I met an attractive female, I might personally find her attractive.

To me, facial beauty is entirely aesthetic, and therefore objective. This is the reason a talented artist can draw or sculpt a figure that both genders would agree is good-looking. Cheryl Cole, for instance is undoubtedly a very good-looking woman, yet I have no idea whether I'd fancy her until I met her in real life.

Sexual attraction is (mainly) based on how much chemistry you have with someone. Part of that is complementary personalities, part of it is probably pheromones, but I generally need to know someone in real life before I find them sexually attractive.

The only indistinction for me is a good body. Like facial beauty, I consider it objective. Unlike facial beauty, it has a large effect on whether I find someone sexy. Whilst I've never had a significant crush on a celebrity, I always liked models like Cindy Crawford, Baywatch actresses and certain glamour models. I can't say that was entirely aesthetic - a good body definitely induces sexual attraction, as far as I'm concerned.

What do people think/feel when they look at somebody's (attractive) face? Do you ever get turned on by it?

I have been turned on by a face lol.

Sometimes you see someone who you just find staggering beautiful and maybe they'll do something like flash a smile or just flick their hair and that's it. Gone.

Cheryl Cole, for instance is undoubtedly a very good-looking woman, yet I have no idea whether I'd fancy her until I met her in real life.

Speaking of that, when I was going to the London Film and Comic Con, I was excited that "Amy Pond" was there, but she was just that. After meeting Karen Gillan, I absolutely adored her (as in the person, not the character she plays).

I have been turned on by a face lol.

Sometimes you see someone who you just find staggering beautiful and maybe they'll do something like flash a smile or just flick their hair and that's it. Gone.

So is that actual sexual arousal? Like, a really attractive girl smiles at you and you pop a boner, or is it more, "oh my god she's so pretty!" *swoon*?

Sorry if that's a stupid question. :p

So is that actual sexual arousal? Like, a really attractive girl smiles at you and you pop a boner, or is it more, "oh my god she's so pretty!" *swoon*?

Sorry if that's a stupid question. :p

A mix of the two I guess. It's lke 'oh my god she's so pretty! *swoon* I must have sex with her at some point!'

Although I look for someone to have a relationship with, rather than someone to have sex with.. if that makes sense.

A mix of the two I guess. It's lke 'oh my god she's so pretty! *swoon* I must have sex with her at some point!'

It sounds so romantic when you put it that way. ;)

I only asked because the general consensus in the chat room last night seemed to be 'attractive person = instant erection', but maybe that was just me oversimplifying what people were saying in my head.

So many times I've been about to write a post, but then I start thinking more about the topic and realise I haven't actually got a clue.

There are two things that I find incredibly (sexually) attractive in a woman.

1) Eye contact. If you've ever had this happen before, you'll know what I mean. You can build up a truly palpable chemistry with someone by doing this, as if you are playing some kind of chicken but in small little instances.

2) Singing voice. A soft elegant and usually alto voice absolutely kill me. They are sound damn sexy and attractive in real life. I have full permission to try and wed Norah Jones if I get the chance.

There are two things that I find incredibly (sexually) attractive in a woman.

1) Eye contact. If you've ever had this happen before, you'll know what I mean. You can build up a truly palpable chemistry with someone by doing this, as if you are playing some kind of chicken but in small little instances.

2) Singing voice. A soft elegant and usually alto voice absolutely kill me. They are sound damn sexy and attractive in real life. I have full permission to try and wed Norah Jones if I get the chance.

For me it would be Lisa Hannigan. I wouldn't even need to get to know her, if I had the chance I'd marry her tomorrow.

Somewhat related: A crush I had for several years could melt butter with her smile. Whenever she smiled at me it was like straight out of a cartoon; my heart started beating faster, my temperature would rise, my face probably also turned red ... I was just sold.

Since my crush on her has faded away, though, I doubt her smile would have the same effect anymore.

You know what's not attractive? Incorrect use of the word objective.

Also, a person has to be nearly naked or touching me for me to be "aroused". But just a face can get me attracted.

I was visually (as in I kept wanting to look at him) 'attracted' someone in the customer services queue at Primark today, because he had a stunning face - a face only a non-british european could have. He was good-looking as a result, could be a model sortof thing, but it was more that I was interested in how his face looked. Like how I'd be interested at looking at a stunning painting. He seemed to have an annoying attitude and was clearly younger than me and generally seemed stroppy so I was over it.

EDIT: It's the same way I'm attracted to Cassie, the singer. So undeniably beautiful that one just has to have a gander.

It's all in the face for me. Of course, a nice body helps, but a girl could have a smokin' body and yet if the face didn't catch me, i wouldn't really go there.

I do believe you can be non-sexually attracted to people too. Look at your group of friends, we may not admit it, but we do select our friends partially based on their appearance. We like people around us to look nice, to fit in with our image.