NEurope
boughtandsold

2006 european release confirmed?

the nintendo europe site is showing a revolution article

http://ms.nintendo-europe.com/black/enGB/?feature=3DnWfkg29cXpr8sX4WhhNcVDvok8-n0R

seemingly showing a 2006 launch in europe for the revolution. It would appear that it is merely the same images used on the noa site.

could this just be a slip up and they forgot to change the date or do you think we might actually see rev before 2007 here in europe?

assuming it gets a september launch in japan, a thanksgiving launch in america and a christmas launch in europe that would fit with jim merricks worldwide release within 14 weeks remark! i didnt chech the math cos im lazy so perhaps im off a lil so sue me!

anyone have any thoughts?

Understandable for those not in the know, but this has to be the 2nd of the most obvious threads (the other is the one about the revolution being under $299!) to grace the forum.

yes, but that wasnt necessarily confirming it for europe was it! merely that the launch in japan would occur in 2006 and America most likely this is the first time nintendo of europe to my knowledge have said revo in 2006. Of course theres no reason to doubt nintendo would leave europe waiting (warioware twisted anyone).

its nice to know these forums still hold such lovely people as pyxis, thank you pyxis for your informative comments youve reaffirmed all i thought about humanity!

no ones said it would launch in japan first,i think itll be Europe first to make up for the DS coming out late

you folks will get it after japan and north america ... :D :p

No-one knows what order it will be in,so we gotta wait and see

^^ don't get your hopes up :D

Boy, I can really see you being popular around here... :shakehead

no ones said it would launch in japan first,i think itll be Europe first to make up for the DS coming out late

AHAHAHAHAHAHA oh you kill me!

hee hee hee europe gettin the revolution first!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

oh that'll keep me smiling for a while!

sorry if im being mean but where is there any evidence that nintendo will ever launch anything in europe first! there only concession is to let firstperson shooters get a release in america and sometimes here first, mainly cos fps's arnt popular in japan. if theres any nintendo first party game that has been released in europe before japan its because its not a game focused at the japanese market, japan is nintendo homemarket and most profitable i believe? why would it ever release its new home console first elsewhere and if it did where would the notion of europe getting it first come from!

as much as i'd like europe to get a better deal, we won't face it we'll be last (of the big three territories) to be honest the fact we'll get it within 2006 at all is an impressive step by nintendo in improving its european relations!

I just know that I can't wait until 2007! I mean, we're only 2h and 33 minutes into 2006... NoE, don't screw with us.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA oh you kill me!

hee hee hee europe gettin the revolution first!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

oh that'll keep me smiling for a while!

sorry if im being mean but where is there any evidence that nintendo will ever launch anything in europe first! there only concession is to let firstperson shooters get a release in america and sometimes here first, mainly cos fps's arnt popular in japan. if theres any nintendo first party game that has been released in europe before japan its because its not a game focused at the japanese market, japan is nintendo homemarket and most profitable i believe? why would it ever release its new home console first elsewhere and if it did where would the notion of europe getting it first come from!

as much as i'd like europe to get a better deal, we won't face it we'll be last (of the big three territories) to be honest the fact we'll get it within 2006 at all is an impressive step by nintendo in improving its european relations!

Weve had Mario Kart and Zelda first,and im sure thats aimed at the jap market,also Merrick said it might not be in the normal order,pretty strong hint

or maybe australia will get it first...

ha. yeah right.

anyway, im inclined to think mid 2006.

Can´t wait to get my hands on the Revolution. Sounds amazing that Europe could get it first. It would make up some for all the waiting we´ve had to endure in the past.

Yeah right, the Revolution in Europe first. No way that'll happen - Europe probably is the least market for the Revolution. Japan will have absolute priority.

I think what they are trying to get at is Jim Merick hinted that Nintendo is possibly considering launching a home console in europe first, but there has been no confimation (obviously).

Jim also said that Nintendo would be aiming at a worldwide launch with Japan, US and Europe's launches being within the span of 14? weeks. The Revolution will certainly be here before 2007.

The Revolution will launch worldwide in 06 there will be no 07 launch in any territory. PS3 will also launch worldwide in 06.

i feel the xbox 360 must have been rushed into the chrismas market, im suprised they didnt launch closer to the ps3 and revolution.

The Revolution launch period worldwide will be between Sept-November 06.

From what I have heard this is my personal opinion for launch dates:

Japan - Sept/Oct ; US - Sept/November ; Europe - November

Sony basically have the PS3 launch times locked. I haven't heard from Sony but I won't be suprised to here it announced at CES. From what I know it sounds like a PS3 Japan - Aug/Sept : US - Sept : Europe - November.

The Revolution launch period worldwide will be between Sept-November 06. Yes there is a possibilty that it could launch in a territory as early as Sept. PS3 will come in September for Japan/US. With a November US launch.

big tac, any news on zelda. as surely they must release it before the summer drought. it would be foolish to release after summer

I don't know for sure about Zelda but way back in late November I heard that Nintendo want a worldwide launch for it, in April. I'm not sure as of now though with a few weeks ago someone telling me a April release for US, a April-May Japan release and for Europe anywhere between April-June.

But I really don't know an answer on Zelda release date.