NEurope
Deathjam

Witcher II: Assassins of Kings

I don't think their is a thread about this (did a little search) so thought I would make a new one. It's coming soon to the 360 so I was wondering if anyone was anticipating this. I would highly recommend it as I have the PC version. Actually, I would go so far to say it's actually a better 'RPG' (not game, I feel that's a whole other debate) than skyrim.

Here's three vids to show what I can't express in words.

WARNING: LOTS OF WIN FOLLOWS -

CDProjekt are really good developers giving out all their dlc for free as updates.

Must've been a very little search :heh:http://www.n-europeforums.com/showthread.php?t=28013

But since the new game stands to get a lot of new followers and has a fair bit of new content, I don't mind having a new thread.

Played this game on the PC, and while I thought it was a little short, it was one of the best games I've ever played. There's a part in the middle where the story splits, and I haven't actually gone back and done the other half because this version was announced and I plan to get it again :D

I actually played it with a 360 controller on my PC too, so I should be right at home :)

Edited by Shorty

Must've been a very little search :heh:http://www.n-europeforums.com/showthread.php?t=28013

But since the new game stands to get a lot of new followers and has a fair bit of new content, I don't mind having a new thread.

Played this game on the PC, and while I thought it was a little short, it was one of the best games I've ever played. There's a part in the middle where the story splits, and I haven't actually gone back and done the other half because this version was announced and I plan to get it again :D

I actually played it with a 360 controller on my PC too, so I should be right at home :)

I stopped playing it halfway thru due to distractions, but with a new pc i want a good looking game so picking it back up and it plays as if it was designed for a controller which is really cool. In fact, it auto detects and assign's functions to the buttons. I really want to see it sell well (again) as it's a great game.

And yeah sorry about the thread. In fact, I think I remember reading that previous thread but when I did a search for it, it didnt appear :S Meh I must have been blind and missed it.

I thought that all of the extra content was coming to PC anyway? A lot of it is already out.

Yep, all the extra content is coming to PC as well. CD Projekt RED are doing it right. Here's hoping they never get bought by EA :p

But I much prefer playing games on my 360, and enjoyed this enough that I'd happily own it on two platforms. If I could've bought it for 360 in the first place, I would've.

I got this last week and have been playing it all weekend.

I can't say exactly when, but sometime over the previous four years, my gaming preferences changed. I went from playing CoD online regularly, to literally hating the thing and finding myself engrossed in something like Dark Souls and The Witcher. Not sure what my point is, but this game is definitely one for the 'Grown Ups', and it absolutely sings on the 360.

The difference is entertainment through explosions and the satisfaction of applying your own skill ;) The Witcher 2 and Dark Souls are both difficult games (Witcher less so as it progresses but definitely those first few fights) which require a little planning and a fair bit of practice to get through. There's something more rewarding about that.

This game's out tomorrow (odd for a UK game). I'm hoping that Argos are doing the same great price instore as they have been online, cos I have some instore only vouchers to spend :p Otherwise it's a bit out of reach at the moment, especially for a game I already completed on the PC, no matter how brilliant it is.

If Argos do differentiate between online and in-store, couldn't you use their reserve and collect feature?

I've a copy on the way from Amazon, despite already having the game on PC. The launch batch from there are all signed by a member of the development team, so I'll be sure to scour the credits to see what low ranking team member I got.

Unfortunately the Microsoft Store still haven't shipped the 360 I bought over a week ago, so when the game does turn up I won't be able to play it. On the pile it goes...

Yeah the problem was you couldn't reserve as a pre-order. Now that it's out, they're out of stock online but in-stock instore and the price bumped a little to £35. Still, I've reserved a copy to pick up on my way home :)

Edit: Same great game, loving it again, don't feel like the 360 port is as great as everyone's making it out to be. Screen tear and texture pop abound (even after installing) and just some boundaries seem a little off. While running from the dragon I found myself catching fire when the fire was several feet away, for example. Also, wasn't there an animation on the PC version of Geralt drinking a potion? Now you just return to the menu. (May have dreamt that, though).

Also I've gone straight in on hard and they've either made it easier, or I'm a lot better at it than I was.

Edited by Shorty

I love this game, well so far and i'm on the first chapter, enjoying it alot more than skyrim. I'm finding this pretty hard in the forest with the nekkers at least but i've noticed they are not so keen on flames so i'll keep using that on them :)

All the discussion and reviews of this and I can't see anyone else talking about how sloppy the port was when it comes to in-game menus. The meditation used to be a kneeling animation, you saw Geralt drink potions and a timelapse-style effect when you skipped time. Now it's just a menu, and it doesn't feel like you've really used the potions at all. Also there's a bug where you can drink a potion, then go back to the potions menu and add the same potion again but not stack the effect. Skipping between the inventory/map/level menu is also really clunky and has this black-screen pause in between. Strange that they did such a shoddy job on the interface compared to everything else.

It's still a great game, but the PC version with an Xbox pad is the superior way to play.

I will admit, having not played the previous title, i am quite liking this. Plays pretty well on the 360, none of that "converted" feel to it at all. Will give a full opinion in a video later in the week.