NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Konfucius

Floor Vision patent

Nintendo patented the "Nintendo Floor Vision" in the Japanese patent office last month.

Sadly that's all the information I have but maybe it his something to do with the last secret of the Revo...

Source gamefront.de

Wow thats alot of patents coming from Nintendo....im still more interested in the imaging patent people were talking about a few months back, which with just a little constant movement makes objects appear outside of the screen

wow that video is cool even though its just some guy walking on the floor hehe. i remember that, th fish scattered when you were near i think i remember reading that.

Wait a minute, Nintendo used this in the Zelda booth at E3. Remember those pictures of fish going round on the floor?

Article: http://www.n-sider.com/articleview.php?articleid=468

e32005-zeldakoi-img2.jpg

Hold on, theres a VIDEO!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6185946983584477029&q=nintendo+%2B+e3+%2B+floor

Holy crap! It's as if the floor is a huge touch screen. If this would be the Revo's final secret, I wonder how the hell they're going to do this.

maybe the blue light around the disc slot is actually a mini projector and the images on the floor will be emitted by it. that would be cool, obviously not true though.

That thing on E3 wasn't done by Nintendo, but by another company, so they can't patent exctly that. Besides, what would you do with it in a game?

That thing on E3 wasn't done by Nintendo, but by another company, so they can't patent exctly that. Besides, what would you do with it in a game?

A map, DDR games, Wario Ware minigames (stomp bugs and stuff like that), ...

Has anyone played Donkey Konga with people in the room downstairs? Now imagine stomping your feet instead. Parents would chuck you out.

I'd imagine its more for trade show use rather than the Revolution.

i think there might be some kind of projection feature in the rev ,say if the rev has a projector it might be 3D like star wars for an example

just a stupid thought which wont work. maybe theres a projector in the rev that goes straight into your eyes, this then goes into your brain, and you feel imersed into the game, like it will feel 4D. hehe stupid idea

Oh good grief, stop with the 4D crap already! Current games are 3D models viewed on a 2D screen, if you get into holography/projection systems of some kind it's still only 3D graphics, just experienced in 3D. Just because it's no longer viewed on a TV screen doesn't suddenly add another dimension on top.

Holy crap! It's as if the floor is a huge touch screen. If this would be the Revo's final secret, I wonder how the hell they're going to do this.

Come on, get real. :P

And YenRug, i agree with you completely. I'm sick to death about all this 4D stuff.

Wait a minute, Nintendo used this in the Zelda booth at E3. Remember those pictures of fish going round on the floor?

Article: http://www.n-sider.com/articleview.php?articleid=468

e32005-zeldakoi-img2.jpg

Hold on, theres a VIDEO!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6185946983584477029&q=nintendo+%2B+e3+%2B+floor

Wow, i didnt notice that in the video's. Great find!

Predict a patent, lets see if it comes true :P

OK, for starters that floor is created by a projector from a ceiling, there are then motion detectors that can tell where there are "obstructions" and create suitable responses in the projection. That makes a possible touch sensitive LCD floorplate a little bit of a reach, which is what some people are most likely thinking of, it would seem. It does make an interesting concept, though, if that was what Nintendo were aiming for.

theres something like that at my local mall, where all the ads appear in objects and the kids stomp on them to clean the screen.

is this really the "Nintendo Floor Vision"???

Stop with the Nintendo ON videos >.< so old and fake,your new to the forums so I understand you might not know that its been around here and C-E

has any body bother to go to the us patents web site and look up the nintendo floor vision because i have and that thing has nothing to do with it the floor vision is something to do with theme park rides. i couldnt get any pictures

Sign in to follow this