NEurope
Jimbob

Whitney Houston R.I.P

Shocking news indeed, Whitney Housten has died at the age of 48. Known for her many classic songs and her acting in such movies as "The Bodyguard" and "Waiting to Exile"

R.I.P

If you go to this link, and scroll right to the bottom, you can see a section where it says "More on this story from other websites."

The Sun's website headline says "Whitney Looks Worse For Wear" and was posted 30 hours ago.

Guessing it's drink/drug related and it sounds like she was in a bad way.

RIP

Really? I was surprised she held out so long considering her habits.

"First of all, let's get one thing straight. Crack is cheap. I make too much money to ever smoke crack."

Denial never sounded so classy.

Well, I only liked a few of her numbers, but I understand she was an inspiration to a lot of young lack girls, as well as generally regarded as one of the best soul singers of the last 30 years.

Really? I was surprised she held out so long considering her habits.

"First of all, let's get one thing straight. Crack is cheap. I make too much money to ever smoke crack."

Denial never sounded so classy.

Wow, really? I had no idea. Then again, I didn't know much about her at all.

Well....turns out she didnt make it anyway.

But she will always love you.

In shock :o

I was never into her songs, of course I knew of her big ones and such, somehow never even knew she had a drug problem. But it does feel like a big loss.

RIP

Oh my God! Genuinely a fan of hers so this came as an absolute shock when I logged in this morning. She had an amazing voice with some unforgettable songs too! R.I.P Whitney, I will always love you! :(

My mum was a fan of her, played a tape with I Will Always Love You in her car when she drove me to primary school. I wasn't really aware of her drug problems either...

Happy birthday, R-

Oh, you're serious?

I love you so much.

No idea she was into drugs and stuff.

Houston, we have a drug problem...

Sorry, but still it is a shame that she died as despite her problems she was a brilliant artist for her time... it's just a shame she went in the same way so many others did.

R.I.P Whitney

the pre 2000's whitney who wasn't crack addicted will be sorely missed

if this doesn't turn out to be drink and/or drugs related i will be very shocked, most news outlets like TMZ have been reporting she was out heavily drinking since thursday.... sounds like one hell of a warm up for tonight party she was invited to.

I really don't understand how people like her can turn to drugs, maybe if she'd had a string of failed relationships or been alone for years you could possibly squeeze a smidge of an excuse for it, but the whole drugs addiction stemmed from her and her husband bobby brown going out getting wasted and doing drugs every night while they were happily married. Thats just an addiction due to partying to excess. in the end their marriage broke down when people found out what they were doing and she said the magic was toxic so they divorced in 2007. Yet it seems that stopped nothing so she got to the point of a joke that she featured in skits on comedy shows for example the one on family guy

It pains me so much to see people with everything to live for just throw away their lives, i just wish her family and friend had tried to intervene harder and sooner

RIP Whitney you will be missed

Was out last night and the DJ announced it...about 20 times. He wouldn't shut up about it. And then they had "WHITNEY HOUSTON FOUND DEAD" scrolling on the screens for the rest of the night. Very tacky. But then the club was very tacky anyway.

so latest news reports say she drowned in the bath...

she was taking prescription drugs in there and its believed she fell into a deep sleep and slid into the bath (based on the position she was found). after an hour her body guards and hairdresser got concerned and broke the door down to find her

not quite how I'd expected it to turn out but i suspect the alcohol in her system made the drugs worse and sent her into a deep sleep.

Its heath Ledger all over again....

what is it with American celebrities taking medication wrong and dying? they need better advice or something, it could stop tragic wasting of life like this!

I'm quite shocked that most people here never knew about her drug problems.

I'm quite shocked that most people here never knew about her drug problems.

I really don't ever remember seeing her on magazines or the paper or anything, related to drugs :s BECAUSE MY ENTIRE WORLD VIEW COMES FROM THE MEDIA! (jk)

Edited by EddieColeslaw

She was known for being a crack addict, Family Guy and South Park or whatever probably mentioned it at some stage. Didn't know so many people weren't aware, thought it was her thing. I have her greatest hits cd though :blush: