NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
-Dem0-

One Piece: Kaizoku Musou (Pirate Warriors)

Hmm Shorty, you're tempting me here. Definitely going to think about this tonight...

I'm sure it'll probably have English subs which is good. Not a huge fan of dubs.

Second post: Amazon.es lists this as German language with Italian dubs. Nande dattebayo?

I will likely order this now from silly impulse, I got the impression this would be Japanese audio with a choice of subs.

Yeah, it's Japanese + subs. Thought the European versions should all have the same languages on them?

Second post: Amazon.es lists this as German language with Italian dubs. Nande dattebayo?

Hm that's worrying. But aren't most European games made with all European languages on? And if it's not dubbed in English, I doubt it's dubbed in Italian.

Even more confusingly, the german page has this:

Language: German

Subs: English

Manual: Italian

Edit: This is a bit crazy, but I might keep my order and buy the English version if it's the wrong language, and maybe sell the Italian/German version on ebay. It's the Thousand Sunny that makes this set anyway, not the game :heh:

Edited by Shorty

ShopTo dispatched my order today, this 6am start at work will be killer knowing this game will be waiting for me when I get back.

Honestly, I hate the fact that we have a 360 and not a PS3.

That sucks man. This game for me as a One Piece fan is really something awesome, I've made it to the Alabasta arc in the main log, the game tells the story really well despite not including every big villain that appears in the series. What surprised me was it's not all button mashing through masses of enemies like Omega Force is famous for, there are some action stages with puzzles and platforming. Though there are QTE's throughout, but doing them to finish off a boss like they do in the anime is just so satisfying.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Mine's shipped from amazon, or should I say mi pedido de amazon.es ha enviado.

please let it be English

ShopTo dispatched my order today, this 6am start at work will be killer knowing this game will be waiting for me when I get back.

I've been away for a few days so it was worse for me. :laughing:

Though there are QTE's throughout, but doing them to finish off a boss like they do in the anime is just so satisfying.

So true.

Only beat chapter 1 so far. Makes me want to rewatch/read the early chapters again :laughing:

First set of DLC is due out on the 26th, new costumes and missions for Luffy, Zoro and Nami.

I went against my impulse and held off. Might pick this up one day, a lot of other stuff to get through first.

Collectors edition arrived today :) well, yesterday but I wasn't there to get it. Smaller than expected, but this is the important part!

IMG_05521_zps265f5584.jpg

Collectors edition arrived today :) well, yesterday but I wasn't there to get it. Smaller than expected, but this is the important part!

How's the Thousand Sunny model? Any pics?

Saw an unboxing video and it looks quite a bit like the model I bought a while ago, except I didn't have to put stickers on it.

Bought the DLC last night.

Not put it together yet. It looks well made although it was a biti squashed into the space and wasn't expecting it to be a build-it-yourself kinda thing. If I'm anything like I was when I was 10, last time I put one of these together, I'll probably make a hash of it.

The game... not as good as I was expecting. Feels like Famitsu has lowered it's standards even more than I thought. This game is 1 point from a full score? Hm. It's visually appealing but the camera is ass, and from the outset I find myself thinking "wizard-key"-esque things like "why isn't Luffy using his arm for G2 post-timeskip?" and "why isn't Nami wearing her old classic blue and white?". I know that stuff's picky but it might irk me a little while playing.

The action parts of the game are a heck of a lot of fun, but so far I think I prefer the Wii games. If only we could get those with these visuals!

so far I think I prefer the Wii games. If only we could get those with these visuals!

Maybe New World Cruise will give us something like that?

...Though to be honest I prefer the style of the Unlimited Cruise graphics - Pirate Warriors looks kinda... off, in a way I can't really explain.

Maybe it's just because I haven't actually played it yet, though. Still waiting for my Collector's Edition to arrive... hopefully it won't be too long.

EDIT: And it's here! Working on putting together the Thousand Sunny now~

EDIT2: Some of these stickers are a real pain...

EDIT3: Only got the 3, 6 and 12-stickers left. Getting the 3s and 12s by the trees is gonna be hard...

EDIT4:

And it's done!

(Gum-Gum Giant Photo!)

Edited by FireMeowth

Digital version is £19.99 on PSN today, pretty nice price.

Also the sequel has been announced for Japan! :yay:

Those stickers were a freakin nightmare. I have pretty big hands, the tiny windows on the crow's nest took forever. I had to use tweezers!

You could tell that it was originally meant to be fully painted, as some of the parts you covered up with stickers were much more detailed than the sticker.

Still looks awesome.

doesn't stop the game sucking massively though

Those stickers were a freakin nightmare. I have pretty big hands, the tiny windows on the crow's nest took forever. I had to use tweezers!

You could tell that it was originally meant to be fully painted, as some of the parts you covered up with stickers were much more detailed than the sticker.

Still looks awesome.

doesn't stop the game sucking massively though

It's a shame you didn't enjoy the game, I do think overall it was a good first attempt from w-force, yes there were issues with the games camera at times and the continuity of the show wasn't quite there, but I myself enjoyed the experience. So I look forward to the sequel (Especially because they're including the Skypia ark) and how the game will evolve.

I was disappointed because it received high reviews, and was touted as a fleshed out One Piece RPG where you actually went through the manga's story.

What you actually got was a weak, very easy, very reptitive fighter that took place on messy looking platformer levels, punctuated by QTE based area transitions and text based cutscenes.

I only got as far as Sanji's mission and we already skipped the first Zoro arc and Usopp's island altogether!

And they don't wear the outfits they wore at the time, that bugs me more than it should.

I was disappointed because it received high reviews, and was touted as a fleshed out One Piece RPG where you actually went through the manga's story.

What you actually got was a weak, very easy, very reptitive fighter that took place on messy looking platformer levels, punctuated by QTE based area transitions and text based cutscenes.

I only got as far as Sanji's mission and we already skipped the first Zoro arc and Usopp's island altogether!

And they don't wear the outfits they wore at the time, that bugs me more than it should.

This 'warriors' game is quite different to what w-force usually makes, I like to think they were testing the waters (pun intended. lol) of how to make it close as possible to Oda's original work, it could have done with levels of difficulty rather than one middle ground difficulty mind, they might have been holding back story wise because they always planned on making sequels and in order to have enough material to warrant one ASAP they withheld some of it. Chalk this one down to experience and see what they have planned for the sequel. They have a decent base with loads of future potential and improvement, fingers crossed and looking forward to more news.

Whoa, Pirate Warriors 2 has been confirmed for Europe. "Summer" 2013. Wasn't expecting it to be confirmed so quick.

Long (launch?) trailer. Caution, may include some mild post Fishman Island - Punk Hazard spoilers.

Story looks pretty decent. Lots of playable characters. Hope they fixed some of the issues from the first game.

Whaaaa... Just found out there's a collector's edition for Pirate Warriors 2:

ONE_PIECE_CE_thumb.jpg

The Namco Bandai site say's there's more to be revealed later (probably DLC).

GAME seem to be the only retailer that has it available for preorder, for a rather expensive £74.99.

Sign in to follow this