NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
-Dem0-

One Piece: Kaizoku Musou (Pirate Warriors)

Didn't know about this game until I saw it after watching a clip of One Piece on youtube. it looks awesome! It's going to be released in Japan on March 1st 2012.

I've read that the story stretches from the start up to the "New World" Arc.

Here's the trailer:

If this doesn't come out on the 360, I'm getting a PS3 just for this!...and MGS4.

Here's the Cover (Source: saiyanisland.com):

One-Piece-Kaizoku-Musou-Box-Art.jpg

Edited by -Dem0-

Looks pretty cool :D Well, in the way that most anime games look cool for fans of the series and average for anyone else :heh:

The Wii games took about 8-9 months to come out in Europe after the Japanese release, and they didn't even redub them iirc, so this could be a ways of.

most anime games look cool for fans of the series and average for anyone else :heh:

very true!

they didn't even redub them

I'd prefer if they didn't for this! original JP Voice actors + english subs for me...if it ever comes over-shores.

Oh I know, that's how I prefer it too, I was just pointing out that there was a huge release gap despite not even getting English voice actors in.

The Wii games took about 8-9 months to come out in Europe after the Japanese release, and they didn't even redub them iirc, so this could be a ways of.

Eh, it's cheaper just to use the Japanese dub rather than redub it in 5 different languages. It is Namco Bandai who tend to be a bit slow as well.

I've heard they have confirmed a European release tough.

I'm kinda amazed at how the characters look that much worse than they did in the Unlimited Cruise games, really.

Totally getting it if it's ever released in English, though. One Piece games are just about the only anime/manga-based games that are ALWAYS good.

I'm kinda amazed at how the characters look that much worse than they did in the Unlimited Cruise games, really.

Totally getting it if it's ever released in English, though. One Piece games are just about the only anime/manga-based games that are ALWAYS good.

But then Warriors games are always going to be behind the graphics benchmark just because they are huge so far as workload on the console goes.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

The fact that it's in HD will balance it out though. The Wii games look awesome, but I think this will look nicer on a big TV.

:o

One-Piece-PS3-Gold-Edition-Box.jpg

The box alone is nice, and I am in need of a new ps3. Shame this bundle won't be available over here.

EDIT: Just checked out the vid. Ugh, they really should have gotten the team that creates Naruto Ninja Storm games - CyberConnect2 to develop this but they are busy with Asura's Wrath.

Edited by Deathjam

Ugh, that console looks butt ugly! I love One Piece, but bling-gold games consoles, no thanks :heh:

English release confirmed for November, getting a retail and digital release.

Trailer:

Japanese VA are used in the trailer.

Out slightly faster than I guessed but not by much. I imagine I will get it, assuming it doesn't generally suck :D Just catching up with the anime at the moment.

Tuesday, February 21st, 2012

Wasn't aware about Pirate Warriors famitsu review, they gave it 36/40

From Saiyan Island:

"One Piece: Pirate Warriors is officially hitting Japanese retailers next week on March 1st, 2012. The team over at the popular Japanese magazine Famitsu have already gotten, experienced, and reviewed the first One Piece PS3 game. The verdict? A 36/40! Famitsu generally has four reviewers who take the time to play the game and rate it out of 10. The compilation of their scores becomes the final Famitsu review score for the game. In other words, for One Piece: Pirate Warriors, all four reviewers have given it a 9 out of 10, leading the final score to be a 36 out of 40."

We’ve also included Dynasty Warriors and Bleach: Soul Ignition reviews for comparison. One Piece still on top

One Piece: Pirate Warriors (PS3) – 9/9/9/9 (36/40)

Dynasty Warriors 7 (PS3/360) – 9/9/9/9 (36/40)

Dynasty Warriors Next (PSVita) – 9/9/9/8 – (35/40)

Dynasty Warriors 7: Xtreme Legends (PS3/360) – 9/9/8/8 (34/40)

Dynasty Warriors: Gundam Musou 3 (PS3/360): 8/9/8/9 (34/40)

One Piece: Gigant Battle 2: New World (NDS) – 8/8/9/8 (33/40)

Fist of the North Star: Ken’s Rage (PS3/360) – 9/8/7/8 (32/40)

One Piece: Unlimited Cruise SP (3DS) – 8/7/8/8 (31/40)

One Piece: Unlimited Cruise: Episode 1 (Wii) – 8/8/8/7 (31/40)

One Piece: Gigant Battle (NDS) – 8/7/8/7 (30/40)

Bleach: Soul Ignition (PS3) – 7/7/7/7 (28/40)

One Piece: Unlimited Cruise: Episode 2 (Wii) – 7/7/7/7 (28/40)

One Piece: Gear Spirit (NDS) – 7/6/5/6 (24/40)

Wow, fantastic. Admittedly I don't have the same regard for Famitsu that I once did, but it's still got me more hyped for this title.

September? Wasn't expecting it until November :)

That's a nice preorder bonus though, look like the model I already have which is fairly big.

That's freakin' sweet. But... I already pre-ordered the big Borderlands box set for September D; firstworldproblems

Daaaamn that looks good.

Zoro is using moves he shouldn't have yet, though. And wearing clothes from later in the show. Also not sure how he's going to end up with that huge scar when he didn't even draw blood :heh: [/picky]

So that collector's edition, not that I'll buy it probably given the price, why is no reputable site as far as I can find listing it? The ship looks pretty cool.

I haven't even found it on a non-reputable site, but yeah I'd like to at least know how much we're looking at, even if I can't afford it :heh:

So that collector's edition, not that I'll buy it probably given the price, why is no reputable site as far as I can find listing it? The ship looks pretty cool.

UK got screwed over by Namco Bandai again, they aren't releasing the collectors edition over here so if you do want it you'll have to import from Amazon Germany or France or something.

Only 90 Euros on amazon.fr, that's actually not bad. And 6 Euros for shipping brings it to about £80.

Edit: Even cheaper on Amazon Spain.

Edit: Ordered it from Amazon Spain :D

what is wrong with me

Edited by Shorty

Sign in to follow this