NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Stocka

Your 5 personal highlights of 2005

1. Summer holiday in Spain

When I went on holiday(with my family) for 10 days in Nerja, Spain has to be my favourite highlight of the year. The main reason is because I fell in love properly(for the first time) with a girl there. However, it was my biggest regret of the year to of not got her phone number/email/address etc. (I'll never see her again now :cry:) ....there's always that 0.01% chance :hmm:

It was also my 15th birthday that week which made it pretty special and I got a 20GB mp3 player :awesome:

2. FA Cup final at cardiff

I was there, which was why it was so special. And yeah I admit Man Utd outplayed Arsenal the whole match :heh: but the look on their faces when Vieira put that penalty was priceless. I've been there for two other FA Cup finals before(which we both won) against Chelsea and against Southampton, and although this year wasn't a touch on the year we beat Chelsea, it was still a fantastic day.

3. Getting new PC

What made it so special was I'd been waiting so long for it(my last PC was shite) and I got it after my two weeks work experience at my dad's company in london, so it was great timing. Finally I had a beautiful 19" flat screen monitor, I could at last play Counter Strike Source with my friends plus all the latest games on high settings, and so much more speed and memory makes life on the PC so much better in general.

4. Sparring for the first time(boxing)

Although it is a small thing, it was very special for me, as I don't think I've ever had so much butterflies before doing something, nor felt so great after doing something.

5. Revolution controller revealing (TGS)

Shock of the year no doubt about it. :shock: The build up to the unveiling was immense but when it was actually shown I couldn't believe it, I could of never predicted it. Can't bloody wait till E3 2006.

1. Got New Laptop

2. Started Building New PC

3. Heard About the Revolution

4. Went to Washington D.C. very fun

5. Got ACWW

-i have no life lol

1. Holiday to Norway

I went to a small island somewhere, can't ever remember where but it was incredible fun. The best hting about it was when me and two friends made delicious tika malsal with mouldy sweetcorn and such.

2. Holiday to Centre Parcs with Sarkas_girly

Me, sarkas_girly, another friend, another friend, s_g's mum and two brothers all came. It was great fun, although I can't reall remember any highlights, just an all round great feeling. Although, watching Supernanny, Lost and You are what you Eat was good fun...

3. The first day in town...

Well, for one of the first times I went to town with friends and it was really a most fantastic day. There was a band playing on the street and we were all dancing, then a newspaper got a picture of us and we ran away... then back again to get our names in it.

4. A night with a friend

Sarkas_girly, don't get jealuos but me and Ruth had one of the most hilarious and fun nights ever. We were so high and we wrote an episode of the story and watch Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! Also, the great animation on Mario Paint that is HIGHLY underrated. That has been the best night ever!

5. Holiday to Faroe

I went to Norway with two friends and an old guy with a small red car and sex sweets. It was great fun and we wrote more of the story and I was educated in crappy rock music. We also had a wonderful unforgettable conversation about LotR and how much the old dude hated it... Ahhh, the good old days.

1. Becomoming a Mod

2. Buying a Pyramat

3. TGS and Revolution controler

4. Resident Evil 4

5. Getting a 360

6. Sarka wisiting Norway

I didn't meet him or anything... but Good to know we get wisitors

Holiday To South Africa- First time ive flew on my own, and how great it all was and the lions, the elephants, the jiglys, eveything was great.

Champions League Final - I wasnt there, I was at home, took the day of work to watch it and I have never felt what I felt in those 2 hours, Emotion and Excitement all in one.

Conference Play Off final - Carlisle v Stevenage at Stokes Britannia Stadium. Carlisle won one nil and got promoted back to the football league only after one year on the conference

Passing My Driving test - wooooooooooooooooooop

Buying My First Car - I bought a Ford Fiesta and got ripped with the insurance, havent crashed it yet, touch wood.

1. Marrying Adriana Lima

2. Taking over the world

3. Winning the lottery

4. Secretly owning Nintendo, Konami and Capcom

5. Becoming the first anomaly of this supposed Matrix

1. Summer Holiday

My first holiday without my parents, went to Disneyland Paris, was good fun, not too expensive either which is good for me. Made some new friends, had a few alcoholic beverages, laughs.. etc etc.

2. Getting my first A

I got an A for AS Electronics, it was the first A grade I have ever achieved, I had predicted quite a few for GCSE but didn't achieve them.

3. Arsenal vs Man Utd - FA Cup Final '05

Beating Utd in a Cup final is any fans dream, I loved rubbing it in the faces of all the Man Utd fans I knew.

4. Going to some football matches

I've been to quite a few football matches this year. Arsenal, Watford and Norwich matches. All good fun.

5. Making some new friends

Kind of cheesy, but this year I've made quite a few good friends, people I didnn't know or didn't talk too.

1) Working in a Special School

2) Going to my first concert

3) Passing my driving test

4) Getting Animal Crossing

5) Passing my first year of uni.

1. ashes series- cmon england!

2.ellen macarthur and her travels

3.great parties at house

4.sorting out problems i had in french

5.Tokyo Game Show

Hmmmm let's see

5. Getting 3 A's at A level, made life a bit easy i guess.

4. Resident Evil 4

3. My trip to sheffield for my mate's birthday, hilarious intoxicated antics ensued over that weekend

2. A Level Art exhibition, we all got drunk there in front of the teachers, all the art students and then some mates who were spiritual art students (as in they were known in our class through me and my mates), talking to the teachers that day was hilarious although a bit of a mission ¬_¬

1. Getting a lightsaber on my birthday from all my mates...i'll never forget that day, although we were the centre of attention, the true greatness in that day came through the fact that I got to really see who were my true friends, and i shared the day with another close mate who's 3 days older then me and he got the red lightsaber whilst i got the blue one...oh that day rocked! Not to mention my surprise party at a chinese restaurant - dang chatting about this crap made me realise how great my friends are!

1. GCSE results.

2. Starting 6th form.

3. Holiday in Turkey- rather good. Went scuba-diving and all.

4. Liverpool winning the Champions League, and Tranmere almost get into the championship.

5. Probably getting a life and going out more, finally.

All in all, a bit not that much really.

1. passing the Matura (that's after 8 years of grammar school, now I'm ready for Uni) with A s only.

2. the Matura Newspaper and Matura prom

3. getting a DS and playing in school all the time (before the Matura :D)

4. getting a driving license

5. revo controller

1)kingdom hearts 2 - finding out loads of info and dying to play it!

2)anime and manga - one of my friends from school or bluejay as hes known on revo europe showed me the light e.g naruto bleach hellsing wolfs rain one piece

3)south africa - finding out that next year for christmas il be going to south africa

4)christmas - getting loads of presents etc

5)shadow of the colossus - one of the most awesome looking games ever

1. Getting GCSE grades

2. The most awesome summer with my friends

3. A few all nighters out in a park with my friends

4. Finding love (awww)

5. Getting laid for the first time

My five highlights of the year:

Meeting Lauren

Met her at the end of Jan and we ended up falling for eachother and started going out. It ended in August when she decided that she would be going UNI in september to the far away land of Dorset. :(

Going to the Leeds Festival

This was my first Festival weekender and it was so good. I even crowd surfed during Bloc Party. I spent most of my time in the NME/radio one tent as im an NME slut. But i saw The Killers who ive been wanting to see for ages. Good Music, Lots of Beer and Indie chicks. What more could one want?

Oasis

I saw Oasis twice this year and the best one was at London Astoria. I took my then girlfriend Lauren with me. It was Oasis' first small gig in quite a few years and it was quite possibly the best gig ive ever been to.

Money

I got a pay rise in April and started doing shift work which basically means i now get loads of money compared to what i got in 2004.

Friends

Basically just going out with all my mates throughout the year is a major highlight. We have had some great nights out wheter it be going away together for random weekends or at clubs such as The Venue and indie club Koko or just down the local pub called the Yacht. My friends are some of the best you can have and helped me through some hard times. (breaking up with Lauren) I know i can always depend on them.

1. Passing my A levels and getting into Uni. Just working hard and getting the grades to get in was a big highlight for me, and i felt proud of myself when i got my results. :)

2. Getting into Uni and uni life. I remember i made a thread on the old boards when i didn't get into Brighton, and then the decision was over-turned. Then, going to uni and fitting in with all these new faces. I thought i wasn't going to fit in and be an outcast, but i'm glad that i've made so many friends there now. :)

3. Finally passing the 1 year anniversary mark with my girlfriend. This is a bluddy big achievement for me as my previous relationship only lasted 4 months before that.

4. Seeing the Revolution Controller unvieled and speculating with people, both on and off the forums. It's brilliant to see something causing a stir in gaming.

5. Watching football with my brother, especially during a big game like Man Utd vs Arsenal, or Liverpool. Had some great moments celebrating after we scored and some excellent moments when you just shout as soon as the ball goes into the net. Probably doesn't seem like a big deal to many, but it is to me.

Starting Harvie (the band I'm in) - Writing loads of cool songs with a great bunch of lads and playing them live to a top audience is awesome. And so's rehearsing next door to Doves, one of my favourite bands.

Getting a girlfriend - Though the 'losing one' part kinda sucked....

Going to New York - And going there for the cost of just my spending money made it even sweeter. I so wanna go back...

Getting an Xbox 360 at launch - Partly because I was getting worried I wasn't going to get one and also because Xbox Live on 360 is worth the £280 alone.

Concerts, concerts, concerts - This year I've been to more concerts than any other, but my favourites are the Coldplay ones at the Reebok in Bolton (I'm in the Fix You video, yay), Gorillaz and Doves in Manchester and Sigur Ros in Liverpool.

My personal highlight would have been to finally have left Great Yarmouth. I moved there 6 years back from South London and hated the place , people and pretty much evertyhing about it. I vowed last year to get out and I did.

I couldn't manage to get back to South London but at least it is civilised here and nearer to my home.

Another major achievement was finally starting councelling to deal with a multitude of life-long issues which I ignored for far to long.

So here's hoping to an even better 2006 , and the same goes out to all on these boards.

Couldn't think of five .... oh well

Hmm... Let's see...

1. Getting an awesome school report... Pwned the others :laughing:

2. Confirmation camp... Yep :)

3. Flew to Lapland

4. E³

5. Revolution controller

I can already see the best thing this year (2006)... Visiting Paris, Hastings and London \o/

1. Getting a job

2. Finishing college and gettin a Distinction & 2 merits. yay (in my fav subject too - software development)

3. Making loads of awesome mates @ college

4. Quitting smoking

5. I would put got a man in here if i HADA!!! :(

edit: Joining revo. number 5 :P

1) Getting into Collage and having fun.

2) Getting my 1st job even tho i quit after a dfew month it was a taste of the real world.

3) Revo-Europe - Best forum ive ever been on, made loads of internet buddies through this, shouts to CooInThezoo, Raining Again, Brenny (Fatrox) Souse (shino) and Roadkill.

4) Xbox360 - Possibly the best console i ever owend?im loving every minute of it.

5) Progressing with my skills in Bmx, this time next year i hope to have tailwhips down.

Going Out

I went out with a bunch of mates for a meal in a Pizza restaurant in Sutton Coldfield, it was the first time I went out with mates, I could have been at home watching Never Mind The Buzzcocks but I went out instead.

Going To Villa Park

Villa Vs. Bolton, 23 April, 1-1. I was there. It was the first time I'd been to Villa Park in 5 years. Although we drew, can't have everything.

Champions League 2005

What a game, I didn't actually watch the second half although I did when they replayed the whole match a few months ago. I saw the Celebations, tho. And, tbh. I'm typing this with an AC Milan shirt on my back.

Villa beating Blues

Need I say more.

GCSE Scripted Exam

Because it pwned, although I think another group who did Anne Frank's diary was the best performance.

1. Getting a straight A scholarship to my new school.

2. Getting the Xbox 360 - awesome console

3. Getting the DS - totally amazing

4. Getting addicted to Guild Wars - great game, no subscription fees

5. Unveiling of the Revolution controller - can't wait to get my hands on it

Sign in to follow this