NEurope
ReZourceman

Pokémafia 12 : Ruby and Sapphire

I did receive a note. You said that you were sending it to me just to see whether it would make me appear in the write up. You also said you were pretty sure it would. It didn't, sadly, as it would've helped me prove who I was :-/

No I don't appear in the write-up.

But earlier in the game I did say I went underground for my power. Why would I say that if I was in the mafia? If I was evil, I'd know that all my team mates were ground type. As it was I was just trying to be as honest as possible without revealing my power. Obviously now it makes me look dodgy, but if I were mafia I would have known that it was going to do that in long-run. Plus, as I don't appear in write-ups, I could have literally said anything, I didn't even have to mention going underground - surely if I'd been mafia I would have just made up some random flying power or something to distance myself? I didn't, because at the time we didn't know anything about the mafia and I was simply telling the truth!

@heroicjanitor Last night I tracked Coolness Bears, as he was the one that The Peeps suspected. When the Peeps turned up good I thought I should at the very least follow his instruction. I discovered that Coolness targeted nobody. I find it strange that he would do this so late in the game, considering he claims to have targeted someone every night so far, but there we go. I thought he was evil, and I was under the impression that mr-paul agreed with me, but seeing as he is going for ME today instead, I'm now confused. I'd happily lunch Coolness if that's what others wanted - the Peeps was convinced that he was evil - but I am also eager to lynch Maddog because a) he can kill tonight and might kill a townie (probably me, as I am the only one who sees him as a threat!) and b) if he is the last 'threat' to the town we might just win the game.

lol :D

Why wouldn't i have killed you before now if i really wanted you dead? I have always gone or people i believe to be mafia. Overall i've been helpful to the town by killing the mafia don and gaining information via my tracking power. I'd honestly believe your goal was to get me lynched or something, the way you really want me dead. (obvs don't) :p

Vote: Coolness Bears

Oh crap, The Peeps. Okay I genuinely feel bad about that I really thought he was evil my powers of deduction are terrible OR I shouldn't go on my hunch.

I didn't target anyway the other night as I didn't log in to the forum that evening. :)

I'm gonna hold out on a vote as I don't want other good person to go.

I think we should take care with confirming Dohnut as good just because he doesn't appear in the write up. Not everyone appears in the write-up anyway, so I don't think herojan's power wouldn't necessarily make him appear even if he were evil.

Does anyone know what the item left was? Was it herojan's message, or something else?

And who is the blue and grey pok?mon?

I think we should take care with confirming Dohnut as good just because he doesn't appear in the write up. Not everyone appears in the write-up anyway, so I don't think herojan's power wouldn't necessarily make him appear even if he were evil.

Does anyone know what the item left was? Was it herojan's message, or something else?

And who is the blue and grey pok?mon?

The blue and grey pokemon is Eevil, and I believe it was my message. Which would mean he didn't show up. Just want to make sure he got it.

So, we have left:

Me: Arbok, power stealer (purple, yellow, red and black)

heroicjanitor: Grovyle, message sender (green, green and red)

EEVILMURRAY: ???, roleblocker (blue and grey)

Coolness Bears: Raichu, enhancer (orange, yellow, white and brown)

MadDog: Lugia, tracker/neutral vigilante (dark purple and white)

Nintendohnut: Paras, tracker and doesn't appear/burrows, no colours.

We had:

Town:

Torchic, protector

Meowth, enhancer/"send attackers on a wild goose chase"

Relicanth, power investigator

Latias, protect 2 people from roleblocks

Latios, immune to all powers, passive until "lightness and darkness have been vanquished"

Shiny Mudkip, alignment investigator

Kyogre, roleblocker

Herd of Mudkips, override and immune to all powers.

Neutral:

Ho-oh, tracker/protector

Mafia:

Groundon, could see who targeted it, was resilient to attackers

Whishcash - stop certain others from targeting his target, hide to avoid detection

Donphan - redirector

Flygon - tyoe and alignment investigator

A question @heroicjanitor - what is this happening with you on Night 2 and Night 3, where you said you sent messages to EEVIL and then Diageo??

The strange pink spirals shot out of the ground again tonight, but as soon as they pierced the ground a flash of light emmenated from a green, green and red Pok?mon, the defending Pok?mon shot back into a nearby body of water, scared.

A purple, orange and sandy Pok?mon jumped straight into the commotion. They were joined by a green, green and red Pok?mon, a blue and grey Pok?mon, and two other larger Pokemon approached just before a giant flash of light engulfed the whole area.

@Coolness Bears

Why are you looking shifty here on night 7 when you said you did nothing that night? Or is it looking shiftily because you weren't doing anything?

Very nearby an orange, yellow, white and brown Pok?mon was looking outside shiftily when suddenly it was struck down from behind. When it woke up it looked around again, but saw no signs of disturbance.

Coolness, what does your enhancing do to people?

Ah, just kinda realised there are two different green green red pok?mon.

To me, looking at the balance of the roles, it feels like the final mafia member should be a roleblocker or a tracker. So that is EEVIL or Nintendohnut for me. The other roles just don't fit as mafia for me. I don't think a supercharger (Coolness) would be mafia, and the mafia would also not miss a night phase.

@EEVILMURRAY. You're a roleblocker, right?

He roleblocked mr-paul last night (he'll confirm that), and there wasn't a kill.

I will confirm that I fapped mr-paul into Blockland last night. And as you said, there was no kill. This is most encouraging!

Eevil have you read past that one post? We know you roleblocked me but there is a lot more to work out!

Don't know whether it will help, but here are the votes so far. Haven't actually analysed them yet, just posting them and will then read them through when they're nicely formatted rather than a messy text entry.

The colours of those being voted for shows their alignment, and blue means we currently don't know it.

Vote Counts

Day 5 - Lynched Cube (EVIL)

Vote Maddog - 3 ; Tales, Rummy, Cube,

Vote Cube - 8 ; marcamillian, Diageo, The Peeps, mr-paul, DuD, heroicjanitor, Jimbob, EEVILMURRAY.

Vote marcamillian - 1 ; Nintendohnut.

Day 6 - No Lynch

Vote Marcamillian - 3 ; Rummy, mr-paul, The Peeps.

Vote Tales - 6 ; Nintendohnut, Coolness Bears, heroicjanitor, DuD, EEVILMURRAY, MadDog.

Day 7 - Lynched Marcamillian (EVIL)

Vote Marcamillian - 6 ; mr-paul, Nintendohnut, heroicjanitor, The Peeps, Coolness Bears, MadDog.

Vote MadDog - 1 ; Tales

Day 8 - Lynched Tales (EVIL)

Vote Tales - 5 ; EEVILMURRAY, MadDog, Nintendohnut, Coolness Bears, heroicjanitor.

Vote Coolness Bears - 1 ; The Peeps.

Day 9 - Lynched The Peeps (GOOD)

Vote The Peeps - 4 ; EEVILMURRAY, Nintendohnut, MadDog, mr-paul

Vote Coolness Bears - 1 ; The Peeps

6 players, majority is 4.

Vote Nintendohnut - 1 ; mr-paul.

Vote MadDog - 1 ; Nintendohnut.

Vote Coolness Bears - 1 ; MadDog.

To me, looking at the balance of the roles, it feels like the final mafia member should be a roleblocker or a tracker. So that is EEVIL or Nintendohnut for me. The other roles just don't fit as mafia for me. I don't think a supercharger (Coolness) would be mafia, and the mafia would also not miss a night phase.

If I'm honest I'm more inclined to think that a 'power stealer' is more likely to be mafia than any of the other remaining roles :hmm: I would also like to quote the lovely Maddog at this point:

TThe mafia never have a tracker. That was my point.

:p

Also, unless we had it confirmed by anyone, there is no proof that Coolness actually does what he says he does is there? I think he said yesterday that he targeted EEVIL at some point - did EEVIL confirm he was boosted? If not then we have no proof at all. If it has been confirmed I apologise, I'm getting mixed up with so many bits of info flying around.

EDIT: Just to say about the vote counts, I started at Day 5 as it was the first lynch, and before that Rez didn't do vote counts before the end of the day phases.

I can only steal powers from people who are dead, it gives the town the opportunity to make use of protectors/investigators if they are killed early on. As you can see from my targets, All I have done is protected myself when I didn't know who to trust, protect DuD when he was out as an investigator, (Cube was a mafia 'protector' and we both protected him on the same night (Cube to try and appear innocent), why would two mafia do the same thing? In addition to that, I was redirected away from DuD by Marcamillian, a mafia member. Since then I took an investigative power (why would a mafia power stealer take something that wasn't detrimental to the town?) and the last night I took a roleblocking power as I felt it important to try and stop any possible kill.

Everyone left has a very good voting record, so it is hard to go into anything from that.

The main reasons I suspect you are because although you have gone along with most lynches, most of the game you have wanted rid of MadDog more than most, and the fact that your role has ground like abilities.

And MadDog's quote is wrong. Trackers can help the mafia immensely.

Again, I can't be 100% sure on you. I thought my theory was strong on The Peeps, but that was silly of me. Your ability to burrow really makes me think you are evil. And this is totally throwing me back to an old mafia when you were Tentacruel and a day phase went on ages and you convinced me and Peeps you weren't evil, and bloody Dannyboy was good but turned bad. We're at danger of overdiscussing things, I've got important uni work to do dammit!

But you know yourself that Coolness hasn't been sending targets in every night. If he were mafia, he would be, even if it wasn't him making the decision.

I am concerned at EEVIL's lack of participation in this day phase. It makes me feel like he is hiding something.

I don't deny that I look suspicious - I know I do - but I can only tell you what I know, and the facts that I have. I've revealed everything I can about my role and further than that there is little I can do. I've given targets for every night, and my actions have been confirmed by people. I don't really see much point in a mafia tracker though, tbh - I do agree with Maddog on that point. What can they possibly do to help the mafia? But a power stealer? That is useful. A role blocker? Very useful.

As for Coolness, all we know is the targets he has sent in:

I am Raichu. :D

My targets have been:

Night 2 Diageo "you were knocked into from behind....readjusting yourself you walked off and targeted The Peeps."

Night 3 Diaego "You attempted to supercharge Diageo, however large pink structures prevented you from reaching him."

Night 4 Cube "you attempted to supercharge Cube. However you looked all over town and couldn't find him anywhere."

Night 5 DuD "you attempted to supercharge DuD, however giant pink spirals of coral surrounded him and you were unable to penetrate them."

Night 8 The Peeps "you attempted to supercharge The Peeps, however when you got near him you realised how dangerous this task was turning out to be. Overrun by Pokemon, you retreated."

Last night there was no kill and Coolness didn't target anyone. On night 8 he was role blocked by The Peeps. For night 7 and 6 he targeted nobody. So for nights 6-9 he has basically done nothing apart from be role blocked while trying to target The Peeps (who suspected him).

Am I right in thinking that there has been no confirmation of his power? If so, there's every chance he's just lying about it. The fact there have been no kills and for several nights he has specifically not targeted anyone is strange, I think.

The more I think about it, the less I trust him. But then if he's claiming Raichu that doesn't fit with the ground type role. Is there a ground type pokemon who matches those colours?

Basically I'm at a loss. I'm now considering it may be EEVIL or Coolness, or even mr-paul playing another amazing game. Heroic seems way off my radar at the moment, so he's either good or a genius :p

Have we had a role-claim from EEVIL? We really need one I think, everyone else has come forward but him.

Also, I was under the impression that the Blue and Grey pokemon flying overhead last night was Maddog... I thought EEVIL was a 'large pokemon' but that was all the info we had?

(Sorry for the randomness of this post, just writing things as they occur to me)

Also, unless we had it confirmed by anyone, there is no proof that Coolness actually does what he says he does is there? I think he said yesterday that he targeted EEVIL at some point - did EEVIL confirm he was boosted? If not then we have no proof at all. If it has been confirmed I apologise, I'm getting mixed up with so many bits of info flying around.

I recieved no information that I was boosted in any way.

I am concerned at EEVIL's lack of participation in this day phase. It makes me feel like he is hiding something.

That is because I went out Friday night, got home at 1am, threw up. Woke up at 5:30am, threw up. At work for 6:30. Finished at 11:30 and straight onto a Pok?mon tournament which started at midday. Didn't finish until 6 when I got a McDonalds with the missus (got free apple pies because they took so fucking long), watched the A-Team then I went to bed because I was knackered and needed to be fresh for my morning shift starting shortly.

Yes I did read the posts briefly and I offered my input about mr-paul. Here's a vote to show how confident in my actions I am:

Vote: mr-paul

If you'd like more you will have to be patient. I finish work at 1pm, but I may have a nap when I get home so I may not be back then.

Just because someone was roleblocked, doesn't mean they were the killer.

The town are never going to win if people are narrow-minded and don't answer the questions of people trying to work things out.

I can see this day going by without a lynch and then me being killed in the night.

@mr\-paul

@Nintendohnut

@EEVILMURRAY

@Coolness Bears

Vote MadDog - 1 ; Nintendohnut.

Vote Coolness Bears - 1 ; MadDog.

Vote mr-paul - 1 ; - EEVILMURRAY

Day phase was due to end at 10:58pm, but due to scheduled downtime and to bring the time lower, it will end at 10:30pm.

If you have PM choices already, feel free to send in.

Dohnut, it may be a shiny ground tye. ReZ seems to be using them a lot. Something I must consider bad form.

Just because someone was roleblocked, doesn't mean they were the killer.

The town are never going to win if people are narrow-minded and don't answer the questions of people trying to work things out.

I can see this day going by without a lynch and then me being killed in the night.

If someone roleblocked on a night when there was no kill it is most encouraging evidence.

I'm willing to bet that if it were anyone else besides yourself, you would agree.

Narrow minded? That's mean. You wish for my Pokemon? Very well, I am Metagrossn metal pr0 of fistingyo' ass.

And claiming you're going to die tonight? Classic mafia tactic.

My vote will stand. I hope others will agree.

Well last night I aimed to roleblock Nintendohnut. Obviously I didn't succeed because you roleblocked me. But in no way would I ever try and lynch Nintendohnut on the evidence "I roleblocked him".

Things are a lot more complex than that.

I'm more willing to go with Maddog and vote for Coolness, despite the fact that mr-paul is suddenly sticking out like a sore thumb. I think the fact that NOBODY has been successfully boosted by Coolness is incredibly unlikely. His Colours also sound very 'ground-type' to me - brown and yellow etc make me think of Sandslash but the orange doesn't fit. EEVIL is right, he could be shiny, which makes things basically impossible.

For now I'll Change Vote: Coolness Bears

On second thoughts, I'm less sure about mr-Paul. His recent actions are a bit strange, but he did make a huge info post earlier. I just don't trust anyone at the moment :hmmm:

I love how I am suddenly now suspicious for trying to work things out, when all the way through the game I've done nothing but back the investigators.

I totally understand why people may have decided to roleblock me last night. I came up with a theory that lynched a townie. Yet, you all believed it, and he did seem fishy. It was a mistake. I said yesterday I had doubts over it, but decided to go with it. If I was so sure about it, I would have voted first, and the day would have ended a lot sooner. Instead, I was last to vote. I left the day to run because I was unsure. If you read back on that day I was unsure on Nintendohnut then!

We all know there is only one mafia left. I wasn't roleblocked the night before - I investigated heroicjanitor with DuD's power, and found him to be good. There wasn't a kill that night either. How do you explain that? If you want to lynch me on the basis that I was roleblocked, whatever. I'm talking too much and I have work to do.

I do suspect Coolness Bears, but it is so hard to get anything out of him.

I suspect Nintendohnut because he has ground like qualities, we have no way of verifying his pok?mon claim, and quite often through the game he has been very supportive of lynching MadDog, who has in fact been very useful to the town.

The only problem with your 'I targeted heroic and found him to be good' point is that it's completely unverifiable. The action didn't appear in the write-up and if you ARE the last mafia member (not saying you are etc) then simply saying 'I investigated heroic and he's good' is a safe bet. We've had 2 confirmed neutrals and you'd know he's not evil, so claiming you got a good result is unlikely to be wrong in that situation. I'm not saying you are the last mafia member, or that you made it up, or anything like that. All I'm saying is that if you look at it from outside and consider that from our point of view you could be the last mafioso, that point doesn't really clear you - nobody can confirm it actually happened and your result is a sort safe bet option.

I've already accepted that my Pokemon and the way my power works makes me suspicious, but I think your power is much more suspicious tbh. Stealing powers from dead people sounds pretty evil to me :p HAVING SAID THAT I would rather go for Coolness than you, as I think Maddog is right.

I'd say my power is not suspicious, but useful :P

And we know from other nights that Marcamillian, a redirector, targeted me and directed me away from protecting DuD, and I also tried protecting DuD on the same night that Cube did. If I were mafia, this wouldn't make sense.

For me it is you or Coolness.

Vote Coolness Bears - 2 ; MadDog, Nintendohnut.

Vote mr-paul - 1 ; - EEVILMURRAY