NEurope
ReZourceman

Pokémafia 12 : Ruby and Sapphire

Oh for fucks sake. Did nobody think for ONE SECOND that someone MIGHT BE LYING?!

If the mafia wins this now I will be SO ANGRY. I can't believe how much they've manipulated the town. Who did heroic target? I received no mention of Coolness targeting me last night in my PM, so it's possible that Maddog is lying/wrong/something else happened.

Basically, do something about this tomorrow. And Maddog, if you get it wrong tonight the town loses. BE CAREFUL.

Literally so angry I was lynched when we're this close to winning. I've been at work all day and had my girlfriends sister/her boyfriend came over after and I've only just go online.

AAAARRRGH!

Vote Nintendohnut - 3 ; heroicjanitor, MadDog, Coolness Bears.

28.png

Sandslash is dead. With his vast array of underground tunnels he could escape almost anything and was an expert tracker. The last remaining mafia member, @Nintendohnut fought valiantly.

With the mafia gone, the town was safe....the remaining players fully revealed themselves.

253.png

@heroicjanitor was Grovyle, with a powerful tail whip he could knock players down whilst sending them a message.

249.png

@MadDog was Lugia. He could track players, but could be overcome by darkness on some nights.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTIWEe5ZjJTcOSnVYReutOc-yO8b5hfrLIFQC_UMNYNw-44zu0j_NzZ-jg26.png

@Coolness Bears was Lt Surge's Raichu, with his powerful sparks he could enhance other players abilities.

GAME FINISHED

Thanks for playing, I just want to say that it was.....

Elsewhere

"They have failed." a confident Pokemon started. "Even one of their human allies survived...he will undoubtedly rally against us. He knows our tactics....what should we do?"

Cybernetic Mewtwo glanced up, his armor shining from the purple glow of the time dome. "A concern....indeed. I will consider our options, but...the humans are weak. We too need allies we can trust."

Months later

"Sir"

"Hmmm?"

"We have located them. Judging from our previous calculations I feel confident in saying they only have the power to jump every....fifteen or so days."

"Interesting."

"We will only get one shot at this...."

"Lets go then."

END OF EPILOGUE

The Pokémafia will continue in.....

Pokémafia 13 - Diamond and Pearl

So annoyed I didn't win :( Nintendohnut you did bloody well to survive and get rid of me! I really regretted lynching Peeps, that really put doubt against me in the eyes of the town but he really did seem more scummy than you (even though you were ground-y :() but then for you to survive a further two days? I got so frustrated, first of all people wanting to lynch me just because I was roleblocked? I say well done to you for managing to survive, but the rest of the players were being extremely stupid!

Anyway, great game ReZ, really really enjoyed this one. Loved my role.

ROLES

MAFIA

Rummy/Shiny Groundon

Tales/Flygon

Cube/Whiscash

Marcamillian/Donphan

Nintendohnut/Sandslash

Mafia Rules

- The mafia can target a player to be killed in the night phase. Whichever mafia member makes the kill, sacrifices their night power to do so.

383.png

Shiny Groundon (Mafia Don) (Endurance, Golden Reflective Armor) When there are more than 12 players, Shiny Groundon requires majority +2 to be lynched. When there are more than 10 players, Groundon requires majority +1 to be lynched. Shiny Groundon has reflective armor and can see anyone targeting it at night. Its golden armor is so powerful that it may trigger certain Pokemon to evolve if they target it. (Evolution trigger)

330.png

Flygon (Dragon Investigate, Solar Flash) Flygon can target a player in the night phase and find out their alignment and type . Alternatively, Flygon can harness the power of the sun and target a player to be flashed with solar rays. That player will be blinded and must not spell any word correctly. If that player reveals it has been blinded or spells a word correctly it will be silenced.

340.png

Whiscash (Coral Shift, Submerged) Whiscash can shift the coral in the sea and pierce it through the ground around another player. Only Pokemon strong against ground-type will be able to target that player. Whiscash can choose to spend nights submerged. It will be an invalid target for other non-water type Pokemon.

232.png

Donphan (Earthquake Redirection, Gyro) Donphan can target a player to be attacked by Earthquake. That player will be redirected to their previous target (or theirself if not applicable). Donphan has impecable balance and precision and cannot be roleblocked or redirected.

28.png

Sandslash (Underground Tunnels, Tracker) Sandslash can target a player in the night phase and track them, finding out who they target. Sandslash spends all his time in it's underground tunnel system, does not appear in the write up, cannot be tracked at night and is immune to most abilities.

NEUTRAL

250.png250.png

Ho-oh (Reverse Tracker, Possessed by Lightness) Ho-oh can target a player and watch over them. You will discover anyone that targeted your target. On even night phases, Ho-oh will become Light Ho-oh and instead of Reverse Tracking a player, Ho-oh must target a player and protect them from being killed. (Fire stone trigger) @chairdriver

249.pngshadow_lugia_sprite_by_Demoneyes92.gif

Lugia (Tracker, Possessed by Darkness) Lugia can target a player and follow them. You will discover that players target. On even night phases, Lugia will become Dark Lugia and instead of tracking a player, Lugia must target a player to be killed. @MadDog

Townies

The Peeps, you are Mudkip Herd, a townie(s).

258.png258.png258.png258.png258.png258.png

258.png258.png258.png258.png258.png258.png

Mudkip Herd (So I Herd U Liek Mudkipz) Due to their numbers and difficulty to pin down, Mudkip herd are immune to all night powers. Mudkip Herd can target a player in the night phase to be overcome by Mudkipz. That player will be unable to perform any action and all abilities, actions and targets will be cancelled. This power bypasses and ignores all other powers or abilitites in the game.

258.png

258.png

DuD, you are Shiny Mudkip, a townie.

258.png

Shiny Mudkip (Investigator) Shiny Mudkip can search through peoples posessions and discover their true intentions. Target a player at night and you will receive a PM back confirming their alignment.

259.png

Shiny Marshtomp (Investigator, Hard Skin) Shiny Marshtomp can search through peoples posessions and discover their true intentions. Target a player at night and you will receive a PM back confirming their alignment. Shiny Marshtomp has hard skin and there is a 40% chance that negative abilities will not effect it.

260.png

Shiny Swampert (Investigator, Tough Skin) Shiny Swampert can search through peoples posessions and discover their true intentions. Target a player at night and you will receive a PM back confirming their alignment. Shiny Swampert has tough skin and and there is a 60% chance that negative abilities will not effect it.

Yvonne, you are Torchic, a townie.

255.png

Torchic (Protector) Torchic can target a player at night and stand guard over them. You will protect them from being killed.

256.png

Combusken (Protector, Block) Combusken can target a player at night and stand guard over them. You will protect them from being killed. Using supreme blocking skills, there is a 60% chance you will stop roleblockers from stopping you.

257.png

Blaziken (Protector, Supreme Block) Blaziken can target a player at night and stand guard over them. You will protect them from being killed. Using supreme blocking skills, you will prevent roleblockers from stopping you.

heroicjanitor, you are Treecko, a townie.

252.png

Treecko (Delivery) Treecko can send a message to another player by PM at night. You cannot reveal your forum name in the message and the message will be preceded with "You received a message from a member of the town".

253.png

Grovyle (Delivery, Tail Whip) Grovyle can send a message to another player by PM at night. You cannot reveal your forum name in the message and the message will be preceded with "You received a message from a member of the town". When delivering a message to a member of the mafia, any defensive or triggered abilities they have will be cancelled that night.

254.png

Sceptile (Delivery, Tail Slam) Sceptile can send a message to another player by PM at night. You cannot reveal your forum name in the message and the message will be preceded with "You received a message from a member of the town". When delivering a message to a member of the mafia, any defensive or triggered abilities they have will be cancelled permanently.

mr-paul, you are Arbok, a townie.

24.png

Arbok (Ability Thief) Arbok can target a dead player and steal their ability. It will shed its skin and lose the ability after two uses. Ability Thief can be used instead of the stolen ability at any time. (Leaf stone trigger)

EddieColeslaw, you are Relicanth, a townie.

369.png

Relicanth (Ability Name Investigator, Thick Skin) Relicanth has ancient wisdom. It can target a player and discover the name of one of its abilities. Relicanth has thick skin and cannot be supercharged or redirected.

Zell, you are Meowth, a townie.

52.png

Meowth (Supercharge, Follow The Money Redirect) Meowth can target a player at night and give them lots of golden coins. That player will feel so happy that their power will be supercharged the following night. Anyone targeting Meowth at night will instead target Meowth's target as they follow the golden coins.

Jimbob, you are Kyogre, a townie.

382.png

Kyogre (Roleblocker) Kyogre can target a player in the night phase to be blasted by hydro pump. That player will be roleblocked. (Water stone trigger)

381.png

Latios (Partner, Safeguard) Latios is immune to all powers in the game (apart from killing). Latios shares a special bond with Latias and you can communicate with Latias outside of the thread. Unbeknownst role information : When Ho-oh and Lugia are both dead Latios will become possessed by the darkness force and can target a player to be killed. @Diageo

380.png

Latias (Partner, Psychic Ember Guard) Latias can target two players in the night phase to have a ring of psychic fire around them. Those players will be immune from being roleblocked. Latias shares a special bond with Latios and you can communicate with Latios outside of the thread. Unbeknownst role information : When Ho-oh and Lugia are both dead Latias will become possessed by the lightness force and can target a player to be protected from being killed and from being roleblocked (replacing Psychic Ember Guard). @Jonnas

Coolness Bears, you are Lt Surge's Raichu, a townie.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTIWEe5ZjJTcOSnVYReutOc-yO8b5hfrLIFQC_UMNYNw-44zu0j_NzZ-jg26.png

Lt Surge's Raichu (Trained, Spark Perk) Lt Surge's Raichu is a trained Pokemon and is incredibly powerful. Trained Pokemon are immune to roleblockers. Raichu can target a player at night to be supercharged. Their power will be improved the following night

EEVILMURRAY, you are Brock's Metagross, a townie.

SpriteBrock.png376.png

Brock's Metagross (Trained, Roleblocker) Brock's Metagross is a trained Pokemon and is incredibly powerful. Trained Pokemon are immune to roleblockers. Brock's Metagross can barge into a player and roleblock them.

It was a brilliant game, well done @DuD for finding all but one of us.

Even with this information....everyone DuD found as mafia managed to survive for a few days.

We had a plan - making myself not able to spell (and then a townie to confirm the power) and me protecting townies, which unfortunately DuD ruined completely.

I do love how everyone was still suspicious of Coolness after I was lynched, because I mentioned I targeted him on night 1.

There was also a funny incident where I accidentally used my "protect self" power on the wrong night.

I still can't believe the stupidity of me and Tales.

The reluctance of the town to lynch anyone was a pain. I think the main problem was, with you all being investigated as evil, people couldn't decide which person to vote for!

@MadDog was very useful I thought, he managed to kill the mafia don!

I was convinced the last mafia was jimbob.. up to his death obviously. I was concerned that he wasn't voting for any lynches, when usually he votes with very little reason.

I didn't think it was nintendohnut until the very end.

You were just unlucky, I picked you to target completely at random, Tales and Marca just stood out as mafia though.

I don't think Tales needs much explanation, but Marcas random vote for Rummy (with no obvious reason) (when everyone else was lynching a confirmed mafioso) got him investigated.

Great game ReZ. Thank you :) and straight into another one :D

Leggg

Yeah well done Maddog

Awesome game! I'll share more thoughts when i'm not in a rush and have to go. :p

Haha Nintendohnut, well-played :) Sad that I was stomped on, just when I had found out about MadDog's potential dodginess!

Ok, so many contradictory statements in that post that I think Rummy is mafia now :p

What we have is an investigator who claims to find a mafia, and one who claims to have found a neutral. The neutral is a tracker too, but may have killed an inactive. I'm just gonna Vote: Cube I feel that Rummy, Tales and Nintendohnut are in cahoots with Cube! /paranoia Also @DuD kinda need you to pipe up here :p

Just leave this here :p Why didn't my power reveal Nintendohnut! :(

Is that some sort of record for a final mafia btw? Took a lot down with him :p

I was surprised MadDog lasted so long - if I was town I would still have tried to lynch him over a known mafia.

It took me till the last night to realise i didn't care who died, i won with anyone. :p

I really enjoyed my role, awesome fun.

Just want to reiterate that I wasn't scummy at all. Nothing about my actions were overly suspicious :p gave the most info of anyone right from the start.

I thought Coolness was the last mafia though - until he role claimed and it was actually believable, but I was already lynched at that point or close enough. My next target would've been Nintendohnut (I'd already sent it in) so I'm annoyed I didn't get to stay :p

Great game though and obviously I hold no grudges against mr-paul or anyone else who voted for me lol. You can't be right all the time :)

Inventive roles too. I really liked mr-paul's power. It's good when you have powerful townies who could easily be portrayed in a bad light. mr-paul's power could seem evil and with him being Arbok as well, it was easy to see him as being mafia.

Just want to reiterate that I wasn't scummy at all. Nothing about my actions were overly suspicious :p gave the most info of anyone right from the start.

I thought Coolness was the last mafia though - until he role claimed and it was actually believable, but I was already lynched at that point or close enough. My next target would've been Nintendohnut (I'd already sent it in) so I'm annoyed I didn't get to stay :p

Great game though and obviously I hold no grudges against mr-paul or anyone else who voted for me lol. You can't be right all the time :)

Inventive roles too. I really liked mr-paul's power. It's good when you have powerful townies who could easily be portrayed in a bad light. mr-paul's power could seem evil and with him being Arbok as well, it was easy to see him as being mafia.

I felt really bad after that lynch - it was one of those times when you get an idea in your head and will not consider any other possibilities! Although in my reasoning, I even said Dohnut was suspicious to me because he was ground-like, and we know ReZ usually keeps to a one type mafia! I was silly. I couldn't contemplate there being a couple of untargetable townies!

I really enjoyed my role, and kept it very quiet all the way through the game, because if I was revealed early, I was sure I would be dead! To the mafia, how aware of my actions were you until I came out with them??

My apologies about that Peeps, this game messes with your head and you just appeared to be evil in my head. :heh: Felt bad after particularly because I wasn't mafia.

I kind of made it hard for myself as I went for the wrong people!

Lynching other townies when you're town is horrible :p I was gunning for you more than you were for me though Coolness so don't feel bad ;)

Just leave this here :p Why didn't my power reveal Nintendohnut! :(

You knocked out his immunity to other powers, and untargetable, but the not appearing in write up wasn't "defensive" or "triggered".

I shall post full targeting list soon.

Well...this game was certainly interesting. I myself was sure Herojan was the last mafia.

Of course, I have a couple of issues, which Diageo likely shares.

First, Diageo's power was "untargetable, except with deaths", and nothing else. Which means that protection against redirections and roleblocks was useless. This also made Diageo unable to be investigated and protected, which means literally the only advantage the protection offered was immunity against the misspeller (which actually failed!)

Other players had partial protections (and Peeps even had something identical), but those players actually benefited from those protections. With Diageo, it was pointless.

Second, I really don't see much point to give me the power I had when there was no mafia roleblocker to speak of. Known townies weren't going to be roleblocked by townies.

Also, goddammit, Eevil, your strategy of "roleblock the same player over and over again" was annoying.

Also, goddammit, Eevil, your strategy of "roleblock the same player over and over again" was annoying.

Your behaviour was most suspicious :heh:

Second, I really don't see much point to give me the power I had when there was no mafia roleblocker to speak of. Known townies weren't going to be roleblocked by townies.

Putting in like...essentially three townie roleblockers was intentional and was supposed to get "Well there wouldn't be two/three townie roleblockers" discussion, so I had to put some kind of defence for it in.

Also, townie targeted townie to be roleblocked 12 times.

Diageo's power was a hinderence at first, but he would have become an unstoppable townie killer.

Ah, hadn't noticed the parts in lilac. Makes more sense, I suppose, and I definitely would've pushed for MadDog's lynch (as well as Coolness'), had I been alive.

I thoroughtly enjoyed this game, especially towards the end. I felt that we were pretty unlucky at times, and we really weren't helped by Rummy's lack of participation (although I don't blame him for being bust IRL!). There we times towards the end of the game where I actually thought I had a chance of winning it. The night that EEVIL died I was hoping we could have lynched him the day before and then Maddog could've killed coolness and I would have killed as well. Sadly Things didn't quite work out right at the end, but I had a good time lying my arse off and trying to survive! In the end killing mr-Paul was my only hope of winning, but typically the three surviving players all targeted each other, giving everyone an alibi. If Maddog had gone for mr-Paul or heroic, I could've pinned the killing on Coolness.

Still, overall it was really good fun. Looking forward to the next one starting in earnest, although I now expect to die early in every mafia game that I'm not evil :p