NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Blackfox

Adverts that dont blow 2006

In conjunction with Monsieur EEvils's thread, name those adverts that you love.

My nomination: Honda's the Impossible Dream

Great soundtrack, great advert and another quality Honda advert. These guys are awesome at making commercials.

I first saw this set of adverts when they were all spaced out across the breaks and they really bugged me cause I never saw the end. But then I saw the full one and it does quite rock.

I can't think of any adverts that I like, though that one where the Audi catches, kills and eats all the other cars like a spider is quite cool visually.

So bad it's good is the compensation claim one you always get on GMTV breaks, with the lie detector, for the immortal hammy lines: "Will I be recieving 100% of the compensation?!"..."Yes." genius. and then the shit "nice tie" thing ruins it :(

Dammit Dutch! You just had to lower the tone didn't you... Well since it's here one hearing advert I did find entertaining, where this dude's washing his car and mistakes what's said to him as some form of alcohol.

I like that guiness advert where it is going back in time really fast from like cave men to fish and the song is going something like "come on and swim to your daddy"

One of my favourite ever adverts was for the original xbox, and there was a maggot....that danced....cant remember much else.

I like that guiness advert where it is going back in time really fast from like cave men to fish and the song is going something like "come on and swim to your daddy"

I also like that one, that tone is quite cathcy.

It hasn't been on television this year but find 'Cog' online. It is the Honda one where it says 'isn't it nice when everything just... works?' sheer brilliance. They managed to get it all to work too. The Wallace and Gromit approach to advertising.

I love the George Foreman grill one, it totally cracks me up when at the end he says "I'm so proud of it, I put my name on it!"

Makes me laugh anyway.

Also the long Stella one with the ice skating, great music and its really well done. Gets a little tedious though, but wtill great.

I love the George Foreman grill one, it totally cracks me up when at the end he says "I'm so proud of it, I put my name on it!"

Makes me laugh anyway.

That is a truly hilarious ad, especially to me and my friends, as we have a burmese friend who talks and acts just like that.

The Foreman grills, Honda ads, X360, and the banned one. They all rock :P

The Guinness ad grew on me, that track is catchy.

As for the compensation one with the lie detector, all of those adverts make me want to smack my head on the table extremely hard :P

One of my favourite ever adverts was for the original xbox, and there was a maggot....that danced....cant remember much else.

OMG thats the most amazing advert EVER.

I remeber the tune.

du-dudu du du-du

It was so fucked up and weird

That ocean finance advert, with the guy stranded on an island, and the ocean finace boat saves him. Its just so elaborate for an loan company.

Dammit, scrolled down all the posts, just about to post about the Sony bouncy balls one and someone beat me to it!

George Foreman cracks me up too.

The advert I am so utterly sick of it's unbelievable is the WKD blue panda pop advert with the 2 blokes racing to the fridge in slow mo. How come they're still running it, they wanked it dry months ago, and it wasn't funny in the first place. It's on every single break on Sky Sports. My mate went and lived in America for 8 months, came back and the first thing he said when he met us in the pub and looked at the TV was "Is that bloody advert still on?!"

Ocean finance adverts at least have some redeeming features. They surprise you with each new set by doing what you would think was impossible, getting even uglier people to interview. And they expect you to take financial advice from the interviewees, people who got themselves into so much debt that they had to take out a high-interest loan secured on their home that they'll be paying off for the rest of their natural life!

Sign in to follow this