NEurope
MoogleViper

Awesome stuff thread

So would they be bred without part of the brain/missing legs or would that be done after the bird is born? Because hacking out part of a birds brain and cutting it's legs off still seems pretty inhumane to me. Even if they were to use some sort of anesthetic, they may as well just let the bird live normally, then use the same anesthetic before killing it the normal way.

I dunno, the whole thing just doesn't sit well with me. It's an art project though, so I guess that's the point.

It's the other definition of humane. The one that's all about the stabby time.

Anyone else thinking Chicken Matrix?

Looks like it:

chicken-matrix-2.jpg

Morpheus-the-matrix.jpg

chickenmatrix.jpg

So would they be bred without part of the brain/missing legs or would that be done after the bird is born? Because hacking out part of a birds brain and cutting it's legs off still seems pretty inhumane to me. Even if they were to use some sort of anesthetic, they may as well just let the bird live normally, then use the same anesthetic before killing it the normal way.

I dunno, the whole thing just doesn't sit well with me. It's an art project though, so I guess that's the point.

I kinda agree, I don't really see how this is easier than letting them live on a field. As we all know, if a hen is free range, it means it has a tyre and an old tractor it can walk on. Surely this way would require similar, if not more maintenance.

Plus it depends how delicious the wings are afterwards.

I kinda agree, I don't really see how this is easier than letting them live on a field. As we all know, if a hen is free range, it means it has a tyre and an old tractor it can walk on. Surely this way would require similar, if not more maintenance.

I think it's more to do with land. Owning and upkeeping a farm is expensive. Whereas if you kept chickens like this, you could fit the same amount of chickens into a shed.

Besides, it's more about being more human that battery and barn farming, not free range.

Edited by MoogleViper

I think it's more to do with land. Owning and upkeeping a farm is expensive. Whereas if you kept chickens like this, you could fit the same amount of chickens into a shed.

I thought chickens only needed relatively small coops?

Small coops, and then a field to run in. With this you could pack hundreds in a coop where dozens would normally live, and no need for fields.

Which also means you could do it anywhere. Wouldn't need to be in the countryside, you could build these factories on derelict, brown belt areas.

Well, not too small. You wouldn't want a coup d'état.

Small coops, and then a field to run in. With this you could pack hundreds in a coop where dozens would normally live, and no need for fields.

Which also means you could do it anywhere. Wouldn't need to be in the countryside, you could build these factories on derelict, brown belt areas.

Thanks. I was going by the memory of my Grandmother's farm, where I didn't see chickens needing that much space to run in.

I was thinking the point is moot for a lot of farms (since they'll need the available space anyway, for other animals and such), but it does open the door for meat production in those "industrial" areas, like you said.

Still creepy, though.

That looks familiar.

I left my computer on before clicking submit post. Came back to find you beating me to the punch. Jinx and all that.

Also, let's not forget that contraptions like these stop the chickens from doing wild and crazy things, like, oh I dunno, crossing the road or something.

Edited by arab_freak

Funny how the lion looks superimposed and he was the only one that was really there :p

1508976_10151936917428528_1916312735_n.jpg

A photo from the Paul Walker tribute event held today at Santa Pod. A huge turnout (that's just a tiny section of the venue). People were apparently queuing (in cars) for 5 miles to get in.

Part of me wishes I'd gone, but the other part of me is glad I didn't sit in a traffic queue for an hour to spend a day in a mosh pit of chavs on a damp January day.

Edited by Goafer

Terrifyingly insane!

The brains behind the Verrückt waterslide, which is taller than the Niagara Falls, have since released a new POV clip which should come with a vertigo warning.

Brave visitors to Schlitterbahn Park first must climb 264 steps, before reaching speeds of more than 60mph on the way down.

The waterslide is expected to open to the public in May.

Edited by Cookyman

I want to have a go on that and make a proper POV vid :D