NEurope
MoogleViper

Awesome stuff thread

I was already questioning their alignments throughout the story, but the ending still caught me by surprise. I have to say, though, I think the comic would've been even better if the dialogue hadn't hinted at Commander Power being a hero and Blackwatch a villain, such as Snowfire being a hero and attacking Blackwatch and Commander Power battling the Bombardier, who was trying to destroy something; both of these examples are vague, of course, and don't actually detract from the message, but I think the message would have been stronger if we had only based our wrong perceptions on their current situations and not on misleading hints.

Listening to Outrun by Kavinsky. A few tracks in, I thought: "My god, this is a good album so far."

And then...

BOOM

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Most amazing sample used/remixed ever.

Listening to Outrun by Kavinsky. A few tracks in, I thought: "My god, this is a good album so far."

And then...

BOOM

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Most amazing sample used/remixed ever.

You should check out some of the remixes. Here's one of my favorites by Breakbot:

Not sure what game he does it with, but my friend linked me to this and I thought it was pretty awesome!

hA68BD4A7

Consider my gob smacked:

Only just spotted this vid... damn that's awesome.

So yeah it's 2014 now..... does this mean we are getting close to actually getting our Hoverboards next year as promised by BttF? :D

Thisiscreepyasfck-14491.jpg

I emailed them and got a reply:

Hello,

I was wondering whether it was still possible to access the alien space craft?

Regards

Moogle

Hi

We don't think so.

Look at the giant ice crystals spilling over one another! The Fortress of Solitude would be proud...

1549415_10151856574591262_1505117650_n.jpg

Unconscious Chicken Farming: This could be an upcoming "humane" alternative to the current method of factory chicken farming.

Here's how it works: Chickens are placed in "a massive steel frame that would contain up to 1,000 birds. In it the chickens are completely immobilized—their feet are removed (to save space), and the birds receive food, water and oxygen through an intricate network of tubes. In order to eliminate the suffering that chickens would face under such conditions, Ford proposes that the birds’ cerebral cortex be removed, leaving the brain stem (and key homeostatic functions) intact. The chickens would continue to grow, but would basically spend their lives in a coma."

http://www.takepart.com/article/2012/02/21/are-brainless-chickens-solution-animal-cruelty

So would they be bred without part of the brain/missing legs or would that be done after the bird is born? Because hacking out part of a birds brain and cutting it's legs off still seems pretty inhumane to me. Even if they were to use some sort of anesthetic, they may as well just let the bird live normally, then use the same anesthetic before killing it the normal way.

I dunno, the whole thing just doesn't sit well with me. It's an art project though, so I guess that's the point.