NEurope
MoogleViper

Awesome stuff thread

How do you avoid the dragon's attack when it's coming down on both sides on Zelda? (I went in with the intention of knocking @S\.C\.G off the his spot but evidently have no idea what I'm doing).

^Awesome find there @S\.C\.G off the his spot but evidently have no idea what I'm doing).

It's all about the timing, the fireball on the left usually descends quicker than the fireball on the right so you mainly keep close to the dragon while attacking it, then going left just as the left fireball goes under so you don't get hit by the right one, all the while watching out for the Dragons swinging tail. :)

Also, go for it! :D I'm sure you could beat my score quite easily as I was just trying it out, if you go set a decent high-score then I'll have a go at beating it later probably. ;)

^Awesome find there @Goafer! :D

I managed to get the second highest score this week after just a 'quick go' on Zelda, not bad having not played it in years :) - I own the original - but clearly my score pales into insignificance when you see the all time high scores! :o

That's me on #6. Impressive score, no?

That's me on #6. Impressive score, no?

Depends how you feel about No.1, really.

(unless you meant all time in which case just ignore me)

This does seem cruel but also impressive at the same time so I figured this was still the best thread for it

There's a huge difference between the fire ant colony and the carpenter ant colony.

Yeah, the carpenter ants even carve their own plinth. Adorable.

The snow physics for frozen.

And (on a 8-core 2.67 GHz Xeon) they take this many minutes to render a single frame:

• Snowball drop 5.2
  • Snowball smash 7.3
  • Double smash 13.3
  • Snowplow 2.1
  • Rolling snowball 35.7
  • SIGGRAPH 4.7
  • The end 3.8
  • Castle destruction 6.0
  • Walking character 15.7
  • Character digging 25.8

I've no idea who shared this on facebook, and thought it was someone from here. Anyhow, I thought it was awesome enough.