MoogleViper

Awesome stuff thread

BZIhouxCMAA_qgh.jpg:large

Batkid, make a wish in San Francisco did this for a kid who has leukemia

more on the story

BZIYMMbCYAAZiUj.jpg:large

more pics if you check the #sfbatkid on twitter

Edited by gmac

I'm still distraught they let a 5 year old get to be Batman. It wasn't enough for him to have leukemia, now they killed his parents too.

Dat feel when Moogle doesn't check the bottom of the previous page.

It's not my fault, you can't see people's posts when they're on your ignore list.

It's not my fault, you can't see people's posts when they're on your ignore list.

Ok, no worries. That's cool.

mrt_cry_gif.gif

But you saw that one.... I confused easy :red:

Even in 1889, the future was flying cars.

Those flying firemen are amazing. How come we don't have that yet?

I love that people are taking an elevator to reach the Aero-Cabs. Stairs are so last century.

I love the fact that although they have an automatic cleaning machine, they still need a maid to pull it around.

My son Oisín playing Mario Kart 7 on my 3DS, he's getting pretty good at it now, before he'd just keep turning in circles and go nowhere, now he can complete 3 laps...it takes him AGES but still for 3 (next week) I think that's pretty awesome :D

oisin3ds_zps1474fca8.jpg

There's a cool bit at 1:23-ish where his hand is stroking the cliff. Like "Ah, my old friend, you're kicking my ass, I still love you."

There's a cool bit at 1:23-ish where his hand is stroking the cliff. Like "Ah, my old friend, you're kicking my ass, I still love you."

I don't know who Cliff Strike is, but the guy sure seems fond of him.

Largest ever True Colour Photo of the Night Sky.

nightsky.jpg

What you see above is the largest true-color photograph of the night sky ever created, shot by 28-year-old amateur astrophotographer Nick Risinger using six astronomical cameras. It’s not just the view of the sky from one location, but is instead a 360-panoramic view of the sky taken by trekking 60,000 miles across the western United States and South Africa starting in March 2010. The final image is composed of 37,000 separate photographs.

The link has a 360 degree zoomable version. It's beautiful.

Edited by Goafer

^Awesome find there @Goafer! :D

I managed to get the second highest score this week after just a 'quick go' on Zelda, not bad having not played it in years :) - I own the original - but clearly my score pales into insignificance when you see the all time high scores! :o

11hs36o.jpg