NEurope
MoogleViper

Awesome stuff thread

I dunno how he beat those Stalfos so quickly with a Deku Stick! Is it because the game 'thinks' you're using a sword?

I think he did some sort of button combo+glitch that made him have an infinite supply of the things, and all he had to do was "hold" the sticks in position for them to have a damaging effect on the Stalfos.

From the video's FAQ:

Q: Is this legit?

A: Yes, everything I do here can be done on any regular console with no cheats or modifications at all.

Q: How does that warp glitch work?

A: The game is trying to load the value for the kokiri emerald cutscene and the main deku tree area at the same time, so it sends you to a new room value which happens to be a room in the escape.

Q: How did you die to gohma? Was it on purpose?

A: I got hit at the same time I killed her which also killed me. It was on purpose, I needed to return to the room with the stone wall blocking the door gone.

Q: What's up with the deku sticks?

A: They are actually as powerful as the master sword, so they're a great weapon for this.

Q: How did you figure this out? Was it on accident?

A: First of all, I did not find this, it was found by r0bd0g and sockfolder.

It was found by examining older glitches and trying to do it with a different method. The warp itself was possible with farore's wind on B as adult, but took too long to do that so no one really cared. Then the idea of using the door instead of farore's wind was proposed, it was tested, and it worked.

That speedrun looks awesome, but i'm not convinced it is legit though. Smashing Ganon with a deku stick looks freakin awesome though!!.

I dunno how he beat those Stalfos so quickly with a Deku Stick! Is it because the game 'thinks' you're using a sword?

Deku sticks have always been more powerful than the korkiri sword. You can try it yourself! A attack doubles it still too.

That's insane. How do people think to try these things. I mean to think to beat the boss, but not go into the teleport thing, but then go out, come back in, activate it but not actually go in it, then go out through the door again (that you normally can't).

Then the game jumps all the way to the end pretty much.

I know/knew of the bottle/pulling up ocarina glitch, and I suppose it's a case of putting a few glitches into a few situations and seeing what happens. Still, it just looks all a bit too convenient and an easy video cut, so I'd love to see it verified by someone else.

SV200450.jpg

SV200451.jpg

Wasn't sure where the best place to post this would be so settled on here.

He found my mini World Cup replica from France 98... started waving it around. So I put the Irish shirt on him that I got him for Xmas. With any (or a lot of luck... :heh:) he'll get his hands on the real one playing for Ireland in about 22 years time :heh:

It works for me. You're probably inputting the code wrong.

You're not as nerdy as you think!

It worked after I refreshed :p couldn't understand it but it's definitely awesome!

Lol :laughing:

"In the land of 'Sarkollande', a hero rises from the shadows to bring peace and prosperity once more. He must collect the six scattered relics: the Jewel of Economic Reform, the Rod of Transparency, etc."

Creative campaign :heh:

IF I was French I would vote for this guy knowing nothing else but how awesome it was to use the konami code to hide an easter egg on his site :heh:

'pparently it wasn't actually a hologram, just some random reflection thing. THAT SAID it was still extremely cool :)

IF I was French I would vote for this guy knowing nothing else but how awesome it was to use the konami code to hide an easter egg on his site :heh:

Politicians need more people like you ;).

'pparently it wasn't actually a hologram, just some random reflection thing. THAT SAID it was still extremely cool :)

The same thing was used for

of these "live" performances (the second one is also a computer-generated voice).

13363__original.jpg

Where have i seen that before.....

Oh yes:

SMG_1--article_image.jpg

Weird, I'm subbed to Freddie25 and that new vid did not appear in my subs list.

Bloody awesome though, love it when he does long melodies, his Cartoon theme song one is still played a lot on my laptop

Anyway, I got a new vid of Oisín and I figured it was slightly more Awesome than "good stuff" :D

Make sure you've selected "Everything" and not just "Highlights" in the "View" menu at the top right, otherwise you might miss some videos.

Just went downstairs of the apartment lock after listening to a guy tooting his horn for ten minutes straight, he had been boxed in by someone and he wanted him down there to move the car. The best way to do this was to spoil Saturday afternoon for everyone, his wife and kid got out of the car and started kicking the Buick that had them boxed in. Miffed by this, down I went.

Me: Shut up with the tooting.

Wife: We want to get out and this asshole has us blocked in! (kicks the car again)

Me: Well, don't worry, the ambulance should be able to get here with no worries.

Wife: Ambulance? Why would an ambulance want to get here? (kick)

Me: Because if you kick that car again, I'm going to snap your leg off at the knee.

Driver: Hey! Don't speak to my wife like that, fucking foreigner!

Me: Sir, I wonder what you'd look like with that steering wheel stuffed up your arse? Shall we find out.

At this point the kid kicks the car, nice look of defiance on his face. He left an impressive dent, for someone about ten.

Me: I will happily smash your teeth in too, runt. Now everybody shut up. You, fat woman with the itchy foot, go and get the security guard and see if they know who's car this is.

Wife: Why, what good will it do, they're not going to help us!

Me: The alternative is that you stay with me until I get really angry.

Driver: I think you're angry now!

Me: Well, that's interesting that you think that, sir, but quite frankly, all the things you think could be happily inscribed on the back of a postage stamp with adequate room left over for the annotated texts of Shakespeare.

Then the man came down and moved his car, and he thanked me for protecting his interests. I told him not to double park like an asshole next time.*

Thrilling afternoon.

*translated from the original Chinese conversation.

Edited by Iun