NEurope
MoogleViper

Awesome stuff thread

If you're a fan of Sonic, don't watch this.

No wait, scratch that. Watch it.

teaching my little lad to play games... he really is a "Mini Me" now :D

2013-06-14225630_zpsc0538f71.jpg

This is awesome. Made we want to go and watch so many films:

Only one scene from Mortal Kombat but a shitload of Harry Potter moments... Disgusting.

I only saw one Harry Potter....obviously needs another watch. I thought there were too many from Kill Bill and not enough Jackie Chan. Also no Kung Pow at all!

Browsed through my old video folders and whaddya know, this is what I found.

Funny or Awesome?

Gonna go awesome cause the song is so catchy.... might have been posted before as the vid is 7 months old but I only saw it for first time this morning :heh:

EDIT

Just found a Movies Parody and a Video Game Parody :D

Jacking this from @Twozzok on facebook. - http://www.upworthy.com/watch-a-teacher-make-her-3rd-grade-kids-hate-each-other-for-the-best-reason-imaginable-2?g=3

Watch A Teacher Make Her 3rd-Grade Kids Hate Each Other For The Best Reason Imaginable

I saw this video in college, and I immediately changed my major. The payoff at the end is brilliant and a perfect metaphor for what we deal with and face every day in our society. Like "Catcher in the Rye" is to high school students, this is part of your Upworthy required reading.

1:30: This teacher begins a study that will be talked about for 40 years.

3:00: She re-creates segregation and racism in her classroom.

7:45: Mrs. Elliott flips the entire class on their heads.

10:00 Jane Elliot makes the most profound discovery about us all

11:43: The students learn something that the world is still struggling to.

There are too many great moments to point out. Just watch.

1:30: This teacher begins a study that will be talked about for 40 years.

Ms. Jane Elliott's "brown eyes, blue eyes" experiment in 1970

Keep up, Rummy.

We learn about this study pretty early studying psychology. It's very good.

Funny or Awesome?

Gonna go awesome cause the song is so catchy.... might have been posted before as the vid is 7 months old but I only saw it for first time this morning :heh:

EDIT

Just found a Movies Parody and a Video Game Parody :D

The original has been posted before, but I haven't seen the "remakes", so thanks. FIY, I think the original is an ad for not jumping in front of Australian trains.

We learn about this study pretty early studying psychology. It's very good.

Amazingly I've never come across it, despite its age. It's a shame that something like that would probably never pass now ethically.

I'd seen the original quite a few times before but this one was genius!

Not sure whether this actually happened, but guy sets AI learning bots running in Quake 3 against each other for 4 years, and then comes back to them to see what they've learnt:

dx7sVXj.jpg

That reminds me of the Civ II game one player continued playing (on and off) for a full ten years. The result was a 1984-esque perpetual stalemate between 3 remaining factions (Celts, Vikings, and Americans) trapped in a ceaselessly repeating state of nuclear apocalypse.

I bet that's what is going on with us as well. This whole "Earth"-thing is just a random game of Civ 200 running in some nerd's computer. He's not even playing, but just spectating what happens when every human and living creature have their own AI.

That was actually quite interesting, topical too for me as I was playing Quake Arena Arcade last night (it was selling cheap recently) which I believe uses the same A.I from the original Quake 3... it has a 'story mode' now but it's basically just you versus the A.I and I did feel like when I was playing those few matches that the bots did at least seem to be 'thinking' and not rushing in all the time.

I think the bots in the original Perfect Dark were pretty clever for their time as well... even by today's standards to an extent. :)

I bet that's what is going on with us as well. This whole "Earth"-thing is just a random game of Civ 200 running in some nerd's computer. He's not even playing, but just spectating what happens when every human and living creature have their own AI.

Well, some neuroscientific findings suggest we do not have free will, but may simply be very advanced AI's in a huge system of causality.