NEurope
MoogleViper

Awesome stuff thread

I am disappoint :|

Basically, in that episode of Daria, her principal decides to endorse and advertise UltraCola (fictional drink) in the school for extra funds. It starts with vending machines being placed around the school, then soon all educational aids, advertising, furniture, sports equipment etc. is covered in the UltraCola logo. Also ridiculous stuff like a quota of cans of cola to drink before the school gets money. The principal ends up going crazy and making everyone drink the cola, causing the football team detrimental health effects, then goes on a rampage and smashes up the vending machines due to pressure from the UltraCola rep.

That was the first thing I thought of when I walked into the restaurant at lunchtime. 7up-endorsed signs everywhere, I'm basically likening it to the UltraCola propaganda. It's way clearer if the episode is watched! Or maybe I am a huge Daria nerd! :(

Btw Cube is bluffing :p

Edited by EddieColeslaw

I've never heard of Daria. She sounds like an exotic dancer. The most popular one in the establishment, everybody goes just to see her. Whenever you're in there you can constantly hear comments such as, "I hop Daria's on tonight" and "I can't wait to see Daria" etc. But all is not as it seems. Though she may excel at what she does, in her personal life she is troubled, and deeply unhappy. Plodding along through life, hundreds of men, who would give anything to be with her, surround her every night on stage. Yet she is lonely. Isolated from the world, she's all but given up on finding the right man, one who doesn't just want her for her body, given up on love. But then in an unexpected twist of events, she bumps into a stranger as she's exiting a coffee shop. A seemingly inconsequential meeting, yet something occurs that Daria isn't used to. This man looks, not at her body, but into her eyes. As her mind races through possibilities, fantasies and deeper meanings, she watches as the man walks away, into the busy crowd, never to be seen again. She sighs a sigh of despair, resigned to the fact that she'll never meet this man again.

Or will she?...

7up-endorsed signs everywhere, I'm basically likening it to the UltraCola propaganda.

Thing is, I didn't even realise they were 7up signs until I read your explanation. So they're really failing on a number of levels....

This thread was awesome until Eddie started endorsing 7up... SOME OF US LIKE DR PEPPER EDDIE!

If we're gonna start talk about awesome drinks then I must add this...

Mountain_Dew.jpg

That's the new Minecraft LEGO? Quite ... disappointing, frankly.

There's not much else they can do with it =\ seems like a silly idea to have minecraft lego as they're essentially the same thing...

Yeah, but I just thought: "Well, they wouldn't make it if they didn't have some kick-ass ideas for it!"

I will just clarify, LEGO didn't design this themselves. There is a programme called CUSOO where users submit their own models, and if it gets a certain number of votes LEGO make it as an actual set (unchanged), and this is simply one of those.

And I totally agree with The Peeps. I havn't given a shit about it because its a boring idea.

If we're gonna start talk about awesome drinks then I must add this...

It's lemonade with no taste.

I can get classic mountain dew at my nearest newsie. I have to admit the taste is blander than I remember.

And whilst I love a sugary energy drink, Mountain Dew Energy is just too damn sickly.

Thing is, I didn't even realise they were 7up signs until I read your explanation. So they're really failing on a number of levels....

Yeah, and I counted exactly 2 people drinking a bottle of 7up in the restaurant ;)

Mountain Dew is grossly overrated.

If we must talk about soda as being 'awesome' Dr Pepper is where it's at.

It's lemonade with no taste.

So you're saying it's soda/carbonated water? Lies :blank:

Shorty is right though, the taste does feel different. I think sickly depends on the "context", by that I mean the circumstances it comes in. In a normal plastic bottle I would agree, but in a chilled tall can it's amazingly refreshing.

in a chilled tall can it's amazingly refreshing.

What about a chilled short can?

Mountain Dew is awesome. I really enjoy that extra sweet flavour, but then I have a sweet tooth the size of a rugby. Or would the correct comparison of that saying be "I have a lot of sweet teeth"? Never mind.

I've become quite addicted to Red Bull as of late. Well, not actually addicted, but you know. Biggest downside is that they're pretty darn expensive.

Mountain Dew is awesome. I really enjoy that extra sweet flavour, but then I have a sweet tooth the size of a rugby. Or would the correct comparison of that saying be "I have a lot of sweet teeth"? Never mind.

I've become quite addicted to Red Bull as of late. Well, not actually addicted, but you know. Biggest downside is that they're pretty darn expensive.

"I have a sweet tooth the size of a rugby ball" would be the correct one.

Can we a get a thread rip for this drink talk, because I have a lot to say.

I really like 7up, its VERY decent for a lemonade drink.

I really like Mountain Dew Energy, it was 56p buy one get one free in Local Tesco on Thursday....I purchased four. Colleagues stole two - thats fine, I'm nice.

I agree that standard Mountain Dew is highly overrated. It IS good, however people talk about it like the second coming of the Messiah.

MD Baja Blast exclusive to Taco Bell however IS incredible/but mainly to its exclusivity and how well it goes with the Taco Bell food.

Within the last year or so, I've really gotten into citrus type drinks. I always used to be a coke/Pepsi kind of guy, but if given a can of drink - it has to be citrus. 7up...Sprite is nice too.

Discussion-killing statement: I stopped drinking minerals about 3 years ago. I did try Mountain Dew for the first time last month, though. It was too sweet, but I like how the bottle looks radioactive.

In Oman at Christmas I was incredibly hungover one morning. The only drink in the fridge was mini cans of Mountain Due.

They were phenomenal.

The BBC did two of these hour long epic programmes, and I'd highly recommend watching both of them on Youtube, but if you don't have the time...

Watch from 51:30

Edit: Thanks unknown mod/admin for fixing my laziness.

Edited by Cube

That belongs in the awesome thread! :D

I was too lazy to look past the first page.