NEurope
MoogleViper

Awesome stuff thread

0:15.

I'm no expert. But I'm going to notice when you do a riffle shuffle and then separate the two halves before they combine.

I mean, if he had shuffled, right there, that would've an incredible trick.

But he didn't... so... it's meaningless.

What about the fact that it was a normal deck and then it wasn't. Or when she cut the deck and he still knew what was coming next near the end.

The cards aren't completely straight after a cut. He just put them back the way there were immediately after.

So? There's always a solution. I personally find tricks with simple solutions beautiful in their simplicity. It's all about illusion.

And even if you can tell how he did it. It was an interesting way to do a card trick. With a story.

It was a pretty cool trick that doesn't work well when the camera's on your hands the entire time. Most tricks depend on the fact that the audience is looking away from where the trick is being pulled off, anyway (and that's clearly his intention, he separates the halves the moment Ellen looks at his face)

Still a pretty cool thing to see.

Personally, I find the method vastly more interesting than the trick itself.

What happened to the lego where they didn't tell you what to build?

If you mean simple block sets, then they are still around. However you can actually use ALL LEGO pieces to build what you want. That is what is so good about it.

I gotta agree I don't see the appeal in lego that has very specific pieces. It's more like a schematic for a single specific toy than the building blocks you're meant to use to create something of your own invention.

So? There's always a solution. I personally find tricks with simple solutions beautiful in their simplicity. It's all about illusion.

It's just that I saw through this in one go. I wasn't looking for it, I didn't even know what the trick was going to entail, but I saw straight away that he didn't shuffle. No illusion for me! :heh:

Edited by Shorty

Pennsylvania has 3% income tax, so she's making about $51500 a year. Woopitiy-do?

51,500.00 USD = 32,544.65 GBP

So yeah, whoopity do....to be doing a job you LOVE doing that not only allows you to do your hobby "full time", but also to enhance and reinvest in your hobby....yeah, I'll do that for 32 grand.

If she wants, I'd do her wedding photos for ?100 using my phone camera and printing them out at Boots.