NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Jamba

Ace Attorney 5: Dual Destinies

Episode 2 complete. That turnaround! :o

- when pointing out certain things within a picture (ie: pointing out on a map why something couldn't have been positioned at point A because it had to be aaaattttt... *point!*) the picture in previous titles would appear on the bottom screen to be tapped, but for some reason (maybe it'll become apparent later on...?) the picture now stays on the top screen and you have to position the pointer by dragging your cursor across the bottom screen, which remains blank... the bottom screen doesn't properly represent the size of the picture on the top screen either so you end up having to drag the stylus across a few times to get it in the right place... i don't know what to call this - it's like when you have a wacom tablet that's no properly configured to the resolution you're using on the computer...?

I know what you mean. I suspect it's due to the difference in screen resolution. They would either have to squash the image or cut the edges off.

Oh ma days, I'm loving this game. Currently on case 2 which I've heard is one of the best case 2's in the series? Bring it on!

Well Episode 4 was short. That breakdown kinda makes up for it though.

Episode 4 just seems to exist to bridge episodes 1 and 5. It ended really abruptly.

The music in this is so good I ordered the soundtrack.

Not much discussion about this gem of a game?

I got it the other day and have really been enjoying it :D

Love the new graphics and cutscenes, it is great to be back in the universe feels like being back with old friends. Case 1 was pretty good I was surprised at how much I got into it what with it being a tutorial case.

Case 2 is winding up now, have enjoyed it so far I think the other cases will be better but am still pleased with this case being the first proper case it has lived up to it. I think the murderer is a bit of a loser tbh but having said that I haven't finished the case I thought the case 1 bad guy was more of a threat which is weird.

Just started case 3 and loving the new characters already! Should be a great case.

Case 2 was an absolute beauty. Loved how the plot unfolded but probably would have been better if the opening cutscene didn't reveal so much.

Love the game so far though..presentation and music is spot on :)

Finished the game last night, ended up staying up far later than what I should have. Oh well. :p

Cases 1 and 3 were the best. Case 2 was very enjoyable. I'm a little unsure how I feel about cases 4 and 5. Didn't see those twists coming though.

They improved Apollo's character I lot in the this game, he got overshadowed by, well, everyone one in his own game but he got his chance to shine this time round.

Not too sure if I like Blackquill or not.

A lot less investigating this time but that's OK since I prefer the courtroom sections anyway. The new notes feature helped I didn't get stuck too long either. A few of the past games I got stuck for ages due to stupid reasons but not this time.

The difficulty was pretty easy overall, I did get stuck once or twice but not as much as I used to. Or maybe I'm just getting better? ;) :p

This one is probably up there with AA3 for me. I think I need to replay the old ones again as I can't remember them so well now.

Looking forward to the DLC. : peace:

Just started case 3 and loving the new characters already! Should be a great case.

Robin is probably one of my favourite new characters. Also Filch. His animations were fantastic.

Have to say Case 2 really got better with the twist at the end so I take back what I said before.

I love Blackquill's music it is fantastic. It has to be one of my top PW themes it almost makes me glad when he interrupts me haha.

I am on Case 3 now just started the trial it is looking to be quite good love the Metal Gear Solid reference!

The only thing with PW games are sometimes I almost want another game to play like an action game inbetween I get fatigue from following a story and text for so long. I just know that comment is going to get someone to post something like this :P

edgeworth-shrug.gif

Finished Case 3, good times I loved the ending and while the murderer was predictable his final characterisation was epic loved it :D

Just finished episode 2, and this game is as good as the AA games have always been. It's fantastic, onto Case 3 and Liberus Uni.

My little got her first taste of Phoenix Wright. She played the Dual Destinies demo and it was great to see her carefully reading the text and looking at the profiles and pieces of evidence, she managed to finish it too. She was laughing at the characters silly (but lovely) animations and now really wants the game. :)

Finished Case 3, good times I loved the ending and while the murderer was predictable his final characterisation was epic loved it :D

Finished it too. Awesome plot and at the end of the first day I had no idea what was going on lol.

Finished Turnaround 3 last night and feel exhausted...

I'm really enjoying the game but I do wish that it was a little harder. I struggle with games like this because when they are easy I make a lot of mistakes because I'm thinking 2 or 3 steps ahead of the game. Maybe it's the way it's been translated this time but it seems particularly prevalent. And you know what happens when you don't solve it in the exact way that the game wants you to? PENALTY *poof*

On the upside, I'm loving the characters and animations. I'm happy that they seem to be keeping the main characters relatively 3-dimensional (HAH!) as it's something that I think the series is good at. There are just too many though and it feels like no one is getting enough screen time to develop properly. But hey, they can do more games right!

Someone mentioned the lack of investigation earlier. I've noticed this too, it just seems to be much less a part of the game experience as they loaded the new mechanics into the court section of things. The game seems to be much more loaded into the style where you fumble into the truth rather than lead it all with evidence.

It's a great game but I think I enjoyed Edgeworth more for some reason.

Finished the game yesterday wow is all I can say, I will write up my full thoughts later in a spoiler tag but fr now just wow.

For me that was one of the most well thought out story in a game I have played generally and in the series. There are a lot of links and as for the ending I had loads of theories and when the big reveal happened, I did not see that coming...

wtf-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-380.gif

Was my reaction.

I hope this gets a lot of sales as I love this series. However next time I am going to play is with another game as well, I get a bit burnt out sometimes and feel I rushed it at the end but that was partly to get to the amazing conclusion :D

Downloaded the demo of this game before even though I love the series and knew I was going to eventually buy it.

The demo just pushed me over the edge to buy the full version. :D

Loved it. Can't wait to play the game from start to finish. I find Phoenix Wright to be such an underrated series. More people need to be appreciatin'!

It's supposed to be the best case in the game, which is pretty high praise. It came out today for £3.99.

Just completed the final case of the game (not including the DLC).

Holy balls, I did NOT see that coming. I mean, I literally sat their in disbelief screaming at the console...Amazing.

Now onto the DLC :)

Finished the DLC chapter tonight after getting distracted by ALBW. It's actually a really decent length, probably has the most investigation parts than the normal chapters and all round bizarre. :p

Worth a download! Gives an extra costume when your done as well.

Also: I want a Sniper (not the gun using kind).

Sign in to follow this