NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Jamba

Ace Attorney 5: Dual Destinies

Jizz. Everywhere.

That's the spoiler? Sounds more like Ass Attorney: Dual Pleasantries then...

Edited by Ville

Jesus. Fucking. Christ. I cannot even. I may very well have just disturbed my neighbours with my screams of excitement. WHY HAVE I NOT CHECKED UP ON THESE NEWS BEFORE NOW?!

So do we know if the full game will be voiced? Pheonix and others were but the Judge wasn't which seemed a bit weird so wasn't sure if it was just for the trailer.

Jesus. Fucking. Christ. I cannot even. I may very well have just disturbed my neighbours with my screams of excitement. WHY HAVE I NOT CHECKED UP ON THESE NEWS BEFORE NOW?!

I did find it weird that you didn't say anything back when I thought Apollo was the new prosecutor.

Since there were no news for a while I guess I just stopped checking, and then earlier tonight I saw the official AA Facebook page announce it was to start posting again, which prompted me to check up on the game and consequently come absolutely everywhere.

Two english names have been revealed!

Ted Tonate

Simon Blackquill

I like them both, for rather different reasons. Good to see the localization team hasn't lost their touch.

Motehide Eshiro:

"We didn't want to have too much lag time between the Japanese and American versions, Offering a downloable version was one of the ways to cut down that lag time."

Entire Polygon interview including why they went digital:

http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/12/4421234/ace-attorney-dual-destinies-digital-only-development-schedule?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Japanese demo went up this week so I downloaded it and gave it ago.

Opening cutscene looks great, it's very anime style which might put some people off (but it shouldn't). Animation quality is fantastic. Voiced, which also sounds great. Little worried about the English dub if they go that route, I would be fine with Japanese voices, but hope they do a good dub.

In-game animations look just as good as the sprites in the DS games, if not better. Amazing how they managed to capture the sprite look with 3D models. They are more animated than the sprites as well.

Music is just as spine tingling good.

Demo is pretty short, just 2 cross examinations, though the second had the new emotion mechanic thing. I actually managed to clear the demo easily without being able to read it. Won't be able to get way with that in the full game, that's for sure.

Judge is as hilarious as ever.

So yeah, can't wait for the English release. I want it now.

A new trailer of sorts where we are introduced to the walking contradiction that is the criminal prosecutor: Simon Blackquill!

Also of note is that the game has received an M rating. Hopefully this won't constitute an issue for the Western release.

I think we'd get a 12+ rating for the game unless some serious s*** goes down in the story. Don't American games go from E (3+) straight to M (16+)?

American system also has Teen (T). I'm guessing it got the M rating because suddenly, murders are better detailed, and in 3D. Blood is really nothing new in this series.

It's either that, or the terrorist bombing.

It's either that, or the terrorist bombing.

Or this Bloody Pillow prize (JP only)?

makura.jpg

I kid.

Pricing info:

For all of you waiting, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies launches as a digital download title on the Nintendo eShop this autumn and we’re pleased to announce it will be priced at €24.99! This sees the return of Wright and his team, solving mysterious crimes and being joined by the mighty Apollo Justice.

So around £20? Pretty reasonable.

VERY reasonable. €24.99 is a great price! :D

Here's hoping that it translates to £19.99 for us in the UK and that we get a closeby release date quicklike!

No release date on this yet then?

That sounds like it's going to be slipping into the post Xmas window then...

:yay: Brilliant news - this is probably my second most anticipated game this Autumn, after Pokémon. Can't wait!

Nice to see its got a proper date. I'll probably have to hold off on buying it for a bit though as I'll still be keeping money aside for the PS4 preorder.

Sign in to follow this