NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Jamba

Ace Attorney 5: Dual Destinies

After checking out screenshots from the second case, I am no longer disappoint. I still dislike the design, but at least he's not undoing what I thought would happen.

No, actually. I guess my beef is more with his concept than his mannerisms.

Quote about localisation via Gonintendo:

We'll have new AA5 news in the not so distant future to share though. We did confirm it was coming Westward back at TGS. - Capcom's Christian Svensson

Sounds like good news to me. Hope we get a quick localisation.

EU release confirmed for Autumn, digital only?

Take that!:

London, UK. — May 13, 2013 — Capcom, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today confirmed that Phoenix Wright™: Ace Attorney™ - Dual Destinies will be available to purchase digitally on Nintendo 3DS™ across Europe and North America in Autumn 2013.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies, previously announced for the West as Ace Attorney™ 5, sees the return of courtroom hero Phoenix Wright. Set eight years since his last appearance in the courts, the first case in Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies sees the action start in a destroyed court room. It’s down to Phoenix Wright and his team at the Wright Anything Agency to discover the cause of the destruction. Players will have to battle it out in court against Gaspen Payne, the younger brother of Winston Payne from previous Ace Attorney titles, as they defend the accused.

The much loved gameplay and features from previous titles in the Ace Attorney™ series return but for the first time in stunning 3D graphics, bringing the courtroom and characters to life and putting players directly in the heart of the action. Players will need to investigate each crime scene with the dynamic 3D visuals now making it possible to change views and zoom in on areas to uncover any hidden evidence or clues. In the court room the drama continues as players present their evidence, challenge witnesses and begin to unravel the truth behind each of the cases in Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney -Dual Destinies.

Joining Phoenix is the young Attorney Apollo Justice and new Associate Attorney Athena Cykes. Athena’s unique ability to psychoanalyse witnesses introduces a brand new element to proceedings. Using Athena’s ‘Mood Matrix’ players can detect the emotional state of a witness and tell whether they’re surprised, angry, happy or sad. Players can compare these feelings with the statement given by the witness, point out any contradictions between the two and challenge the witness testimony.

For the latest trailer, screenshots and artwork for Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies visit the Capcom Europe Press Site http://www.capcomeuro-press.com

(No) Objection!

Edited by Ike

Gaspen Payne is a brilliant name :laughing:

Oh and yes it is digital only according to Brett Elston of Capcom

Edited by Dcubed

Oh, sure. This they can release digitally. *Still bitter about Ace Attorney Investigations 2*

Will be interesting to see what kind of price point this drop at and how it performs as I think this is a bit of a first.

From what I know about the production costs surrounding the print runs of these cartridges though, I think this is a fantastic idea that this is going digital. The initial print runs for any game on the DS/3DS is very expensive and doesn't lend itself to a scaleable sales model. So if a game does really well or really badly then there's usually little anyone can do. This is why Castlevania games were always pretty rare, as was Ace Attorney because there was never quite enough interest to warrant another print, which limited exposure/publicity.

By being digital, the sales can be relatively ever green and will sell as much or as little as necessary. It will also allow interest to bubble by word of mouth, which games like this and Ghost Trick needed to do.

Yes! Gaspen Payne! Translation! Dates! Digital-release-only might be a bother, but whatever!

You could say I'm... Cyked :grin:I'll see myself out

I just hope that we get a reasonable price for the game and not £39.99

I'm surprised that a big company like Capcom would release a game digital only, I don't like the idea of full scale games being left without physical release. Does this mean that the Ace Attorney games are really niche, and not good sellers? But still all these obscure jrpgs get physical releases just for their fanbase...

I'm surprised that a big company like Capcom would release a game digital only, I don't like the idea of full scale games being left without physical release. Does this mean that the Ace Attorney games are really niche, and not good sellers? But still all these obscure jrpgs get physical releases just for their fanbase...

I don't think Capcom is among the companies that release JRPGs for their fanbase, though. In fact, Capcom hasn't been pleasing any of their fanbases recently.

Ace Attorney and fighting games seem to be among the least damaged, and even then, there are genuine causes of concern.

EU release confirmed for Autumn, digital only?

Take that!:

(No) Objection!

Wow, is this going for a 15 or 18 certificate. Phoenix looks like he's about to confound the defence with an obscenity.

"I assert that the existence of this 'Bu(llshit lying scumbug's evidence is ...)...'"..cool

Edited by londragon

See my post above about money and print runs.

Wow, is this going for a 15 or 18 certificate. Phoenix looks like he's about to confound the defence with an obscenity.

"I assert that the existence of this 'Bu(llshit lying scumbug's evidence is ...)...'"..cool

The actual line is:

tumblr_mmqyufzaC41r04nevo1_1280.png

But I can't say if this is better or worse...

TOTALLY HYPED!

After pokemon, Ace Attorney is definitely my favourite handheld franchise. Here's hoping it sells well digitally and CAPCOM give us the Miles Edgeworth game :)

Sign in to follow this