NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Jamba

Ace Attorney 5: Dual Destinies

Yep you heard me, they have just announced another Ace Attorney game over in Japan and simultaneously announced that they are releasing all of the original 3 as an HD pack for iOS.

Beware, platform is yet to be specified.

Source:

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201201/29009127.html

Edited by Grazza

Yes, Yes, Yes... if this is on the 3DS, how would it use 3D, even though this game doesn't need it. perhaps this could be released on the WiiU?

still a new AA! Woohoo!

Yes, Yes, Yes... if this is on the 3DS, how would it use 3D, even though this game doesn't need it.

When inspecting evidence and the Apollo justice style crime scene recreations. Also the whole 3 layer environments.

Fantastic news! Let's hope they're quicker at releasing it over here than they were with the others, although I realise it's a huge translation job. Now please... let Phoenix Wright be the star!

I actually want a new chapter in the Apollo Justice saga. Without Phoenix stealing the spotlight, this time.

Oh, and of course, I do hope they localize the game, unlike the untranslated AAI2 :(

Oh, and of course, I do hope they localize the game, unlike the untranslated AAI2 :(

This was my first thought, too.

No point in getting excited until we're sure we're getting it over here. :hmm:

Have they confirmed Edgeworth 2 ISN'T coming over? Or have they just not suggested that they ARE going to localise it?

Yes, Yes, Yes... if this is on the 3DS, how would it use 3D

By using graphics that look nowhere near as good as the DS games:

layton916.jpg

professor-layton-and-the-mask-of-miracle-20101019094553000_640w.jpg

Despite loving the Ace Attorney games I think im just gonna have to wait and hope they release the game on another format. Im not interested in getting another 3DS just for this.

Funnily enough, I picked up Phoenix Wright 3 the other day. I'm keen on a 5th one, but am cautious, because I could see this being for iPad.

I just blew my own mind by remembering that the first three games are readily downloadable on WiiWare and have been for ages.

Damn myself for pissing my points away on StarTropics.

SUUUUUUPEEEEEEEER! news.

This week's Famitsu is a must for Ace Attorney fans. The magazine has looks at two Ace Attorney games: Ace Attorney 5 and Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney.

For Ace Attorney 5, the magazine confirms the sequel's platform as 3DS and reveals that Phoenix Wright is the main character. Wright has a new partner, a mysterious girl in yellow clothing. This girl will be a central figure in the game.

Source: http://andriasang.com/con2ku/ace_attorney_famitsu/

Apollo gets shafted, again! We're never gonna find out what happens to him and his sis are we?

How the hell are they gonna explain PW re-taking the bar exam, after he was banned for life!?

Nice to know that it hasn't been canned :) Let's just hope that it doesn't suffer the same non localised fate as AAI2...

Edit: Details! http://andriasang.com/con2kw/ace_attorney_5_tgs/

Ace Attorney 5 is set one year after the events of Ace Attorney 4 and sees Phoenix Wright return to being a lawyer. The game's first chapter involves an explosion at the courthouse. The charged is a high school girl named Shinobu. She's very week and can go into spasms at any moment. In the courtroom, Wright will face off against Winston Payne's brother.

Famitsu has just three screenshots, but they hint at some new gameplay systems. Like Layton vs Ace Attorney, the game will have fully 3D characters. It appears that you'll be able to select to give certain facial expressions during testimony, as there are facial expression icons on the lower screen.

Based off the reports we're reading from people who get Famitsu in advance, Shu Takumi is not fully involved with Ace Attorney 5, as he's busy on Layton vs Ace Attorney. The magazine lists Motohide Eshiro as producer, Takeshi Yamazaki as scenario director, and Noriyuki Iwadare on music.

Expected on both counts, but still a shame. Still, Eshiro did a great job on AAI 1 & 2 and having Yamazaki going from designer to scenario director should shake things up a bit.

Edited by Dcubed

Apollo gets shafted, again! We're never gonna find out what happens to him and his sis are we?

How the hell are they gonna explain PW re-taking the bar exam, after he was banned for life!?

The game is set one year after AJ. I want to see the kid return as well, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Also, you do realize the ban was lifted by the end of the game, right? Phoenix himself contemplates taking the bar exam again.

Famitsu scans!

Dat hair

Dat redesign

Dat Payne

Dat courtroom

Dat assistant

Calling it now: the assistant has to have something to do with the Gramaryes.

The game is set one year after AJ. I want to see the kid return as well, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Also, you do realize the ban was lifted by the end of the game, right? Phoenix himself contemplates taking the bar exam again.

Oh yeah that's right, I'd forgotten about that :laughing:

Still unfair to see Apollo get shafted though!

Nice to know that it hasn't been canned :) Let's just hope that it doesn't suffer the same non localised fate as AAI2...

I think the main game series is fine in that regard.

Famitsu scans!

Thanks, was about to go searching for them. :)

Glad to see this assistant is a bit older than usual :P

Still unfair to see Apollo get shafted though!

Still find it funny Wright basically takes over most of Apollo Justice :laughing:

Edited by Ike

Just saw scans... Wow! Can't believe that's made with pologonal 3D, it looks almost identical to the 2D art!! :bouncy:

Simply amazing!

I just fucking came everywhere at Phoenix's new suit! HE EVEN HAS A POCKET WATCH! 8[]

Jonnas, stop it! It's starting to creep me out! :heh: I have JUST discussed on Jordan's Facebook how it's a shame if they just completely abandon everything they set up with Apollo. I hope the two form a join venture! It's about time there were two lawyers in the Wright & Co. Law Offices again! I think a lot of people who disliked Apollo simply couldn't come to grips with all the dramatic changes - and I'll admit, I was sceptic at first - but once you got past the shock, they did some brilliant things with a lot of future potential, so it's a shame if they give up on it because it may have been unpopular with some. But I also find it hard to believe they'd let themselves dictate by that, so I'm still optimistic. After all, they did hint at Phoenix's return; like I said, I hope both Apollo and Phoenix get their time in the spotlight, and I hope we get some old cameos! Just to see what they're up to. :)

SPOILER: Phoenix is killed in the first case and comes back as a mentor in spirit form! XD

This is great news, although I guess it'll be at least a year until we get this. I'm so glad that Phoenix is the focus again, but I hope that Apollo features somewhere, maybe even as one of the defendants in a case. The screenshots look amazing; I hope we get to see lots of returning characters in 3D (fingers crossed for Maya, Pearl, Oldbag, Larry and Lotta at the very least...). :love:

Direct feed shots and more info!

http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/9/5/3293494/ace-attorney-5-project-leads-discuss-story-elements-new-characters

"The Phoenix you saw in that game was 33 years old, and this game takes place a year afterward — he's back as a lawyer, and he brings a much more mature facade to his work. His design in the game tries to reflect this growth; he's got a vest on, he's unbuttoned his jacket, and overall he looks like he's a lot more comfortable up there."

Yamazaki is the story director on the new Ace Attorney 3DS game, the first details of which were announced in this week's Famitsu. He takes the place of Shu Takumi, chief writer for the series up to now. As producer Motohide Eshiro explained, Takumi is too busy right now leading up the Phoenix Wright vs. Professor Layton project...

"Part of the visual appeal of Ace Attorney stems from the fact that it's in 2D, after all," he explained. "We were limited in how many animation frames we could put in the first few games, so at first there were maybe only one or two variations on the 'Objection!' word balloon. That wound up giving the game this sense of speed and sharpness that we couldn't have gotten otherwise. To recreate that feel in 3D, we're deliberately messing with the pace, inserting pauses and skipping over other things. With 2D we played around with perspectives — drawing Phoenix's hand larger than usual when he's pointing at someone — and we're taking measures to recreate that sort of thing in 3D."

More details on the game, including Phoenix's assistant and a new gameplay system that gives him the ability to gauge witness's emotions in new ways, will be revealed at the Tokyo Game Show in a couple weeks.

"The overall plot is pretty much set in stone," Eshiro said, "and it looks like it'll be about as long as previous games. It's not too long, and it's not too short, I don't think. We're going to have a demo version at TGS that should pretty well encapsulate all of the fun new stuff we're trying out — it runs about 15 minutes, and I think it's really well put together."

PfWyp.jpgFdUfS.jpg

POSVZ.jpg

QQyZ2.jpg

JNGyh.jpg

A0hAV.jpg

0iPte.jpg

Xegrn.jpg

N1P5V.jpg

N4rCF.jpg

Edited by Dcubed

This is great news, although I guess it'll be at least a year until we get this. I'm so glad that Phoenix is the focus again, but I hope that Apollo features somewhere, maybe even as one of the defendants in a case. The screenshots look amazing; I hope we get to see lots of returning characters in 3D (fingers crossed for Maya, Pearl, Oldbag, Larry and Lotta at the very least...). :love:

As great as they were I hope we get new characters. Characters like Apollo, Maya, Pearl and Larry are fine but Oldbag and and Lotta were getting a bit old after reusing them for the millionth time.

Screenshots look great, still managed to capture the look and feel of the 2D games.

Going to have to reply AA1-4 now :P.

Going to have to reply AA1-4 now :P.

Was already going to do that myself, but then the news of AA5 coming to the 3DS has pushed it near the front of the line.

Sign in to follow this