NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Pancake

Windows Media Player question

I just realised my WMP doesn't show visuals anymore when i'm playing a song. Did they do away with that feature, or am i just really dim and don't know how to switch it on?

I have the latest version (i think).

I miss the purdy colours!

Knowing which version you have would certainly be a lot more helpful :P An OS may also be helpful?

I don't know what version I have due to a complete lack of using it, but if you switch to 'Now Playing' then try right clicking somewhere and seeing if a menu pops up with 'Visualisations' in it then it could be your solution?

Actually, either describe what you see whilst stuff is playing or print screen and upload it, it seems like it'll depend how your view is now and I'm not sure you'll find your way to things if I just try to describe it?

(this has also totally led me to just jamming to megaman tunes as that's all that's in my wmp library)

Edited by Rummy
Automerged Doublepost

Maybe i'll just download an older version of it, cos i really hate this one! Just confusingly laid out. Can't even find out where it says what version it is! It doesn't have a "now playing" tab either. I think maybe the visualisations aren't in this version, as it just shows the album cover instead. :nono:

Ah! Did you try right clicking where the album art appears? Whilst looking around, the album art is an option over the animation thingies under the visualization menu.

(ok, version IS quite hard to find, but right clicking somewhere/a few places should bring up menus, if any have a 'help' option it might contain an about with a version, but that isn't even consistent)

You see, what you're doing wrong there is that you're using WMP. If you stop using it, that'll go away.

EDIT:Here, does it look anything like this? pancakeisawilly.png

You see, what you're doing wrong there is that you're using WMP. If you stop using it, that'll go away.

Noooo, where are all my thanks gone! :(

(though on point, what do you use Oxigen? I dont listen to music files much, streaming often instead whilst on the comp)

EDIT:Here, does it look anything like this? pancakeisawilly.png

Noooo, where are all my thanks gone! :(

(though on point, what do you use Oxigen? I dont listen to music files much, streaming often instead whilst on the comp)

Winamp (don't dismiss it 'till you costumize it... there's a reason it's so popular!) or Songbird. And iTunes to synch with ma iPhone (though I loathe it as music player).

Also, Media Monkey is also quite awesome.

Also... Megaman X?

That worked, thanks!

Didn't realise winamp was still around, i had it in 1999. Might give it a whirl.

Winamp (don't dismiss it 'till you costumize it... there's a reason it's so popular!) or Songbird. And iTunes to synch with ma iPhone (though I loathe it as music player).

Also, Media Monkey is also quite awesome.

Also... Megaman X?

Ah, yeah normally I use songbird, which I picked up through using Linux, though as I said I don't really listen to my music on this comp too often. I used to have winamp wellll back in the day, it's probably a completely different app now though!

And yes! Megaman X! I just wanted some megaman tunes cos I love its soundtracks(not actually played the games all that much) and this was the easiest/commonest find to download.

Foobar2000 is better than Winamp :)

I strongly disagree. Hate Foobar, ridiculously lacking in features plus it can't really handle big libraries without crashing (and neither can any other player except Winamp, for that matter).

Sign in to follow this