NEurope
Daft

The 'To Do' List

So, basically I said I'd start reading Moby Dick before I went to bed. That failed. I have a lot of 'To Dos' that never get 'To Done'.

Tomorrow I need to fill out an application thing for this placement.

Design and order my business cards.

Finish designing my website.

If I get one of those done it'll be a good day. Oh yeah, and start reading Moby Dick.

What's everyone else holding out on?

It would be far too depressing for me to write down all the things I say I'm gonna do and never get done.

This was the post I was going to make :p

I have so much to do but it can all be done tomorrow.

I was going to make a post about how I thought this thread would be about my list of people I wanted to do it with, but I'll do it some other time.

I've already failed at doing anything on my list of Things To Do today. Miserably so.

I'm assuming you don't want to see my work To Do list because that's vague, depressing and boring.

But in personal life:

Learn Java

Find a house

Organise my birthday

Book train tickets

Find presents for my granddad (same birthday as me) and nan (week after but will be seeing her when I'm back)

Oh, crap:

• History Coursework
  • Girlfriend's birthday present
  • Plan...something for our 6-month anniversary
  • Something for Valentine's Day
  • Present for Dad's birthday

My girlfriend's birthday, our 6-month anniversary and Valentine's Day are all within 6 days of each other. :(

I thought this was going to be like a bucket list of extreme things to do.

day to day wise... my to do list sucks ass. The biggest thing to do is go to the gym after work every night...

I Fail so bad at that though.

I havn't got a lot on my "To Do" list, i just got around to clearing a few things off it though. Which were

• Purchase and fit a new light fixture in my room
  • Purchase a new desk chair

The rest of the list really just comprises of sorting out a home network, but that job is being put off until i get suitable time to do so. Oh, and the funds as well. These things cost a little, but i am considering getting some of them network plugs to make it easier really.

I suppose really i got a few books to read, and i keep putting them off as well. And have a few console games to complete which i keep putting off as well.

Are there people here who make actual, physical lists? I do, just wondering if I'm alone in that or not. =P

Currently my list mostly has stuff on it that really needs to be done at some point. It's all a bit boring, but here it is:

• Take pictures of my jewellery for my sale
  • Update site with pictures
  • Mail the Belgian Embassy in London
  • Mail the local job agency to say I'm leaving
  • Go to town hall to sign papers that I'm leaving
  • Make a CV
  • Pack allllllllll of my stuff
  • Finish logo for a job
  • Finish drawing for some girl
  • etc.

And then other stuff that I just keep forgetting about heh. Like getting my glasses fixed before I leave. I'm not always good at sticking to my lists, especially not when I put specific dates/times on them (like "this has to be done by then"). Always fails. =P

My girlfriend's birthday, our 6-month anniversary and Valentine's Day are all within 6 days of each other. :(

Have you considered combining them and coming up with one great gift?

Have you considered combining them and coming up with one great gift?

I almost rely on lists to live. I have lists of stuff to do, buy, post, pack, get, read, etc., and I take them seriously so that things rarely stay uncrossed (apart from long-term goals/bucket lists/future plans) - or else what's the point? Right now, the most important list pertains to an report I'm working on, to be handed in on Monday. I have a list of documents to read before continuing with writing, and have read 4/8 so far :) There are two items on my grocery list: oyster sauce and natto! :D I will refrain from describing the 10000000 other lists I maintain!

This:

myNotes.JPG

Plus lots of pieces of paper with notes on my desk.

Plus a wall-chart for the bigger picture.

wallChart.JPG

I changed crosses to ticks to be more positive.

:D

My life is on Evernotes. :grin: Down to a strict daily routine.

Yessss, Evernote is amazing. Before I started using it, I had about 10 million txt documents on my Desktop, and even more within my HD.

Wesley, you should look into it :P

I want to see your pirate ship. Or is that a shopping list?

Argh matey!

Ye ask and ye shall see!

pirateShip05.JPG

Yessss, Evernote is amazing. Before I started using it, I had about 10 million txt documents on my Desktop, and even more within my HD.

Wesley, you should look into it :P

Woo! Evernote love. :heart: Makes me much more organised and efficient since I can check it from my phone on the GO! Synchronising ftw.

I used to write bits on paper but I'd lose those or writ in notepad but I would forget to check. now evernote is intergrated into google chrome, no excuses! I check it there but still have the program downloaded because I prefer writing there instead. :)

Still iron out a few personality defects through an extreme game where I stand to lose £28 pounds if I fail to keep my room clean. :p

I use a combination of Google Calendar and Remember The Milk. In the calendar I put fixed events, like birthdays, while RTM is more of a to-do list with time deadlines. I can put in general items in RTM too by not specifying a time.

Currently:

screenshot-1327417478601.png

Largely, I do this on my phone.

Those desktop notes are awesome.

I need to:

- Look up a hotel that i got given a spa gift voucher for, to see if it's easy enough to get to to be worth it.

- Go through all my blank disks to see if they are really blank/need thrown away.

- Sort through all my books/films/music, get rid of any i've grown out of.

- Research hairstlyes for mid length hair cos my hair confuses me.

- Type up all my college notes in a way that makes sense.

- More stuff that i've forgotten right now.