NEurope
Dyson

My first tattoo..

Hey again!

I'm struggling to keep up with y'all here these days but I try and make the effort when I can. I hope you're all doing fine and dandy.

So I'm fairly excited/nervous/apprehensive - I've booked in for my first tattoo this Saturday (wait, that's tomorrow..) at a tattoo parlour that two of my friends have been to, so I know this place does good work. I'm getting a hiding boo tattoo'd on the front of my shoulder/chest.. sorta below the collarbone if you will.

tumblr_ly0skkMeLC1qzs1q1.png

The top right, unpixellated. Anyone interested in the reasons for me choosing this tattoo can read my blog entry on the subject here.

Anyway, I'm not really sure what to expect. I've been told by several people it will hurt and several others it won't, so I don't know what the truth is and whether people are trying to scare me or stop me being so apprehensive :heh:

I tend to have a low pain threshold compared to other people as it is, and allegedly the place I'm getting it done is quite painful as there is a lot of muscle under it (or there should be!) so.. yeah.

Anyone with any previous experience lemme know what to expect! I'll be sure to post the result assuming all goes well over the weekend :D

Happy birthday, Lewis!

Just thought I'd say that here since you're not around much these days. :heh:

Good luck with the tattoo. I hope you don't cry. That would be embarrassing.

Anyway, I'm not really sure what to expect. I've been told by several people it will hurt and several others it won't, so I don't know what the truth is and whether people are trying to scare me or stop me being so apprehensive :heh:

I tend to have a low pain threshold compared to other people as it is, and allegedly the place I'm getting it done is quite painful as there is a lot of muscle under it (or there should be!) so.. yeah.

Anyone with any previous experience lemme know what to expect! I'll be sure to post the result assuming all goes well over the weekend :D

Anyone that says it doesn't hurt is lying. It just depends whether or not it's a "meh, that's annoying" or "fuck me, I think I'm going to die" sort of pain. For me, it's mostly been the meh variety, but there were a few parts of my wrist which were a bit worse. To give you some sort of idea, imagine running your fingernail over sunburn. You get used to it eventually.

The way I see it, it hurts for a while, but looks awesome for a lot longer.

I'm contemplating one on my collarbone too. This one specifically.

Edited by Goafer

As long as I can take it without sorta snapping away I'm happy. I tend to be quite sensitive but am generally alright with injections and such, so.. yeah.

Thanks Magnus! Nice of someone to notice :heh:

Oh my God...

You'll fucking love it. I enjoyed being tattooed so much, my adrenaline was pumping. I cannot wait to get my second one, I know what and I know where. I think I'll probably get it done in the summer. I swear I'm going to break and just get it done.

I don't think I could get one like yours, though. I feel I need to be involved in the creation of the design but that's just me. People get all different kinds of tattoos for all different reasons and I respect them all. My friend has band lyrics and symmetrical roses and I think it's awesome how we have different ideas about the tattoos we want.

I remember when I realised what I wanted for my first tattoo I was instantly like YES, THIS IS THE ONE. No hesitation. It just totally clicked.

Srsly, you'll fucking love it.

Is it in black or colour, too? What's the ink like in terms of fading?

I think I've decided to just stick with black on my tattoos, I'm not a fan of colour, especially how it looks as it fades.

Which studio you getting it done at?

Edited by Daft

I don't think I could get one like yours, though. I feel I need to be involved in the creation of the design but that's just me.

Totally! Well actually, my girlfriend is sorta redrawing Boo for me so it won't be a pixel-perfect copy from the internet, which is nice. It'll still be personal. I wish I was more creative/able, I'd do it myself!

People get all different kinds of tattoos for all different reasons and I respect them all. My friend has band lyrics and symmetrical roses and I think it's awesome how we have different ideas about the tattoos we want.

Oh absolutely. An old colleague of mine had the lyrics "If these were mistakes then i would make them all again" on his forearm - which I think is an absolutely brilliant tattoo. It's very him, too. Another colleague of mine has a small infinity tattoo on her wrist, which her best friend also has on her wrist. And my girlfriend has 3 tattoo's - 2 band related and one dinosaur she drew herself. They all mean completely different things to different people, which makes them so special.

I remember when I realised what I wanted for my first tattoo I was instantly like YES, THIS IS THE ONE. No hesitation. It just totally clicked.

Exactly the same for me! The idea has been very vivid and in my head since I came up with it. I love it.

Srsly, you'll fucking love it.

Is it in black or colour, too? What's the ink like in terms of fading?

I think I've decided to just stick with black on my tattoos, I'm not a fan of colour, especially how it looks as it fades.

Since the blush is quite an important part, I've decided to go colour. It's only going to be pink and white (maybe blue for shading?) so I think the effect will remain over time. I also think a transparent Boo would look a little odd - not sure why, in my mind it doesn't quite look right.

Which studio you getting it done at?

A place called Skinfinity in Woolwich. The two friends who have been there are coming along with me too so I won't be alone which is nice :D

Yeah, totally would look weird see through. Can't wait to see how it looks.

I got mine done here,

family-business-book-468x550.jpg

The place rocks and inside is amazing. Properly old school and the walls are covered with drawings.

Actually bumped into @Ashley on the way to get it done.

AAAARGH, want tattoo now.

Dyson, I personally think you should get it pixellated! So gooood!

But it's a pretty neat tattoo either way, you'll be fine, even if it hurts, its worth it :).

Friend of mine has had a few tatoos, he loves them, he has had one on his chest and said it was no where near as painful as when he had a sleeve done on his left arm which went on the under side of you arm (tricep area)...

Woolwich? Where the hell you living these days @Dyson?

On point, I think a hiding boo is a brilliant idea for a tattoo. Also happy birthday!

Edited by Rummy

First of all, Happy Birthday and second of all, that tattoo would be epic to have, good luck.

I've always toyed with the idea of having a tattoo but I can never seem to find a tattoo that I would love. I know I wouldn't like a coloured tattoo and that I would just keep it black and white. Also, I'm not a massive fan of needles and my pain threshold isn't exactly the best either.

Yeah, totally would look weird see through. Can't wait to see how it looks.

I got mine done here,

family-business-book-468x550.jpg

The place rocks and inside is amazing. Properly old school and the walls are covered with drawings.

Actually bumped into @Ashley on the way to get it done.

AAAARGH, want tattoo now.

That's the one in Exmouth market, right?

If it's the one I'm thinking of, I've heard nothing but good things about that place, several friends have had ink done there and they look great.

But tattoos aren't for me personally, Firstly I'm a wimp and secondly I would change my mind too much to commit to having one.

I've just had a little read up on those guys Daft, I've been after a tattooist nearby as possible without having to trip to the guys in Brighton, very nice work indeed!

Noon is definitely my favourite of the bunch, very pretty work.

Edited by nightwolf

That's the one in Exmouth market, right?

If it's the one I'm thinking of, I've heard nothing but good things about that place, several friends have had ink done there and they look great.

But tattoos aren't for me personally, Firstly I'm a wimp and secondly I would change my mind too much to commit to having one.

Yup, that's the one. Got it recommended by a friend, too.

I've just had a little read up on those guys Daft, I've been after a tattooist nearby as possible without having to trip to the guys in Brighton, very nice work indeed!

Noon is definitely my favourite of the bunch, very pretty work.

Yeah, I love Noon's stuff.

I arranged an appointment to talk about my tattoo but then because I had my design pretty much decided and drawn they could fit me in straight away. I think there might be a bit of a waiting list or some of the artists, but definitely worth it.

I like your blog post about it :p good idea for a tattoo.

I think if I ever got a tattoo it would have to be gaming related but I've not had that moment where an image just clicks for me yet. Currently I don't think I'll ever get one but maybe I'll see something one day and I'll want to transfer it to my skin :laughing:

I'm booked in for Tuesday to have my 10th one done.

I had a dragon done when I was 16 which I have had covered over now, my kids names on my wrists, hakuna Matata on my neck and a awesome montage on my back that I keep adding to. Il upload a pic later :)

You realize when you tell people you have to just tell them you have a boo, then when you show them remark how he's being shy. I'd almost want one just to make that joke for the rest of my life.

Dyson, that will be such a cute tattoo, and I love that you have your own meaning and reasoning for it!

imo there's no point in worrying about the pain, you'll find out for yourself how it feels when you're getting it done, and it's not like you can do anything about it! Think of the finished product and it'll surely be worth it! :) Hoping you have a good experience.

Also, I'm not a massive fan of needles and my pain threshold isn't exactly the best either.

It doesn't look needl-y at all. Kind of looks like a brush to me. I really hate needles but not once was I remotely phased.

99ff547c.jpg

Anyone how says they don't hurt are big fat liars :) But it's an adrenaline rush that nothing compares too and as soon as its done, no matter how much it hurt, your already planning your next one!

Fun fact; my tattooist says that one side of your body hurts more than the other which for me is true. It's agony on my left hand side but relatively ok on my right :/ He also did mario with a magnum needle which has a flat edge and hurt like a bitch while it was being done, but healed faster than the others and didn't hurt afterwards.

Oh yeah, my next session has me having 1 x green shy guy, 1 x blue shy guy and a red shy guy on the right hand side AND a laku laku cloud with a fishing pole that has a 1 up mushroom on the left hand side. The final idea is to have the castle in the background centre with princess peach in front of it :) But that will be the last bit!

You should get close eye/hands boo on the back and open on the front.

Good luck.

Amongst other reasons, I consider my pain threshold too low to get a tattoo. I'm a mega mega mega pussy and I have gorgeously soft skin. People like stroking my hands.

Thanks for the responses guys, some great feedback. It's tomorrow now and I'm fairly excited - though still uber nervous..!

@Rummy, still living 45 minutes out from London but my girlfriend lives in Shoreditch so I'm pretty much there 2 days out of 7 in any week!

Don't be nervous. It's awesome. I even took photos of my tattoo being done.

I feel like a junky needing a fix now.

Good luck.

Amongst other reasons, I consider my pain threshold too low to get a tattoo. I'm a mega mega mega pussy and I have gorgeously soft skin. People like stroking my hands.

Your hands like stroking people =/= people like stroking your hands

Thanks for the responses guys, some great feedback. It's tomorrow now and I'm fairly excited - though still uber nervous..!

@Rummy, still living 45 minutes out from London but my girlfriend lives in Shoreditch so I'm pretty much there 2 days out of 7 in any week!

Ahhh, I wondered if you were close to round here that you'd be going to woolwich! Still quite a way to come out from Shoreditch!

client-objection.jpg

That's not how Boo's work.

I recommend the other way around. The proper way.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY