6 Perez, Sauber

7 Rosberg, Mercedes

8 Vettel, Red Bull

9 M Schumacher, Mercedes

10 Kobayashi, Sauber

11 Button, Mclaren

12 Webber, Red Bull

17 Massa, Ferrari

Well that was certainly an interesting qualifying, Maldonado was always right up there, I thought he might have been favourite to sweeping the timesheets in all 3 sessions, but man, Hamilton set an immense lap, half a second quicker than Pastor. Senna must be gutted that he dropped in Q1 when they had a front row car in his possession. Massa is on his way out, he's a shadow of his former self. Button and Webber outside the top 10 goes to show you, this is shaping up to be the most competitive season of Formula 1 for so long.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Hamilton has been disqualified from qualifying and will start from the back of the grid. Maldonado now on pole.

Before his final run, they took fuel out with the rig instead of putting it in, the mistake was realised but Lewis was sent out before he had enough. The rules say you must have enough left to reach the pits and have 1litre for sampling.

If McLaren keep on making these pit mistakes there's no chance he will win the title.

I now predict an Alonso win tomorrow.

Mclaren. Mclaren. What is the point?

hIUNw.gif

What is the point of having a driver seriously gunning for multiple championships if you're going to keep doing this? Because, Mclaren, you keep doing this, with your crazy tire startegies and fuel miscalculations and pit men who can't pin a wheel and fuel crews who can't manage a hosepipe properly. As it is your man went out and consistently delivered three of the very best laps, far better then anyone else could manage, and for all that he'll be starting in only a slightly better position then if hadn't even bothered getting up that morning.

hLaix.gif

The other teams don't do this as much as you do. The back markers don't do this even half as much. HRT have a better not-fucking-up rate at this point. You've been at this game long enough. You know how things need to be done. Get your collective shit together.

qb7oT.gif

Just leave for Red Bull already Lewis. At least you'll get free energy drinks there - and maybe a pit crew that knows it's own damn job.

Wow just found out about Lewis being excluded!

So Maldonado on pole! Crazy!

Tbh I don't think he's got any chance of holding that past the first corner... all the other midfiled cars who've started higher up the grid this year like Kobayashi in China, have had bad starts (probably under the pressure).

Plus Spain's got the longest run down to turn 1, and Ferrari have been making good starts, so yeah, Alonso, or possibly Grosjean from P3 to lead into the first corner I reckon.

Damn I'd love to see Kimi win tomorrow though!

Hopefully he'll get a decent start from P4 (not sure what the dirty side is like here), and the Lotus should hopefully have the race pace/straight line speed over Ferrari.

Fingers crossed!!!!

Well, seems as though Mclaren need to have a overhaul of their pit crew personnel. They can't keep fucking things up for their drivers so early in the season. Frankly it's thanks to the competitiveness of the teams this season that Mclaren aren't further behind than they actually are.

Congratulations Pastor Maldonado. It's been 8 years in the making but we have a Williams winner again. Great to see class is permanent, only 1 small hiccup and a smaller team is able to take the chance of getting a race win. Chuffed to bits for him.

Great race and an amazing last 10 laps. Really thought Kimi might have joined that fight for the top three, but just missed out.

This is going to be a great season if it carries on this way.

Maldonaldo & Williams win, Red Bull ahead, Lewis fights but Mclaren falter, Vettel & Alonso tied 1st, Lotus up, Saubre up, Sergio out, Schmui & Senna crash out, everything is beautiful and painful and historic and nobody knows WTF is going on.

eDrUu.jpg

I'll be back when I can express myself without Tumblr.

EDIT: Holy shit, huge fire in the Williams garage.

tumblr_m3yvtkeHb61r0dntdo1_500.jpg

9LUPD.jpg

EDIT: Looks like no serious injuries but still, holy mother.

_60206660_60206659.jpg

tumblr_m3yy78I6qg1qagg2ao2_1280.jpg

This one is really scary with the guys trying to get Frank out as they all scramble in confusion.

tumblr_m3yy78I6qg1qagg2ao3_1280.jpg

tumblr_m3yy78I6qg1qagg2ao4_1280.jpg

Bruno Senna's car, totally gutted.

Edited by gaggle64
Automerged Doublepost

Happy Birthday Sir Frank Williams :)

What a great present for him (apart from the fire in the garage)

Have to admit in the final stages, when Alonso had newer tyres, I thought that was it. And I also had a feeling that Maldonado may make a mistake and kiss a curb and slide or something. Just purely down to not being in that position before and the pressure, but Nope. fair play he held stern, lost Alonso and drove it home.

Love this season, really do love it. Shame about Hamilton because you'd imagine he'd of walked home with that race had he started on pole (and had a reliable pit crew)

Hope that in Monaco we see a Lotus or Sauber take the win. Imagine the potential of 6 different teams winning the first 6 races.

Mental.

love it though really do :)

Yeah that Williams fire happened live just as the F1 Forum was wrapping up!!

Loved the race btw!

Was so great to see Williams getting a win on Franks 70th with all his family there!

---

Also...

tumblr_m3t9ldD2oh1r9n7odo1_500.jpg

---

tumblr_m412nnh2eR1r8kneko1_500.png

---

---

tumblr_m3y9tfPrS31r8kneko1_500.png

Edited by Retro_Link

I was losing abit of love for F1 towards the end of last season, but I'm loving it as much as ever now! :)

It's just so fucked up. There's 5/6 teams with a driver or two that I'd say can win a race, It's just brilliant.

Don't forget Monaco's Practice sessions are on a Thursday, if anyones gonna watch!

Really looking forward to Monaco this year!! Some years I'm just a bit... meh... about it.

I'd actually prefer a hot Monaco to a wet race, but it seems a lot of race days are wetter/cooler than expected this year.

Kimi has a replica/tribute James Hunt helmet for Monaco!

Hunt%20And%20The%2070%20s%20Usz76vCBJ7ll.jpg

raikkonen_james_hunt_helmet_mon12.jpg

Gotta post this rock and roll Monaco moment from 2006.

"Long walk back to the pits from there"... yeah not so much! :p

Edited by Retro_Link

Buzz is for the Lotus cars to head the pack, certainly looks like they have the pace. Still got my fingers crossed for Lewis though absolutely anything could happen over Saturday & Sunday, rain or no rain. Odds on six different race winners out of six are looking good.

Edited by gaggle64

It's difficult to see anyone out qualifying Hamilton though I reckon, he's just been immense so far this year!

But yeah hopefully Lotus do well, I want to see a Kimi win!

Love that helmet camera. Wish we would see a little more of it in the main shows. Wonder if it will improve over time to be more central on the helmet, it always seems just slightly off center.

1 Webber, Red Bull

2 Rosberg, Mercedes

3 Hamilton, Mclaren

4 Grosjean, Lotus

5 Alonso, Ferrari

p M Shumacher, Mercedes (5 place Grid Penalty 1>6)

7 Massa, Ferrari

8 Raikonnen, Lotus

9 Vettel, Red Bull

10 Hulkenburg, Force India

13 Button, Mclaren

p Maldonado, Williams (10 place grid penalty + 5 place grid penalty, 9>23)

p Perez, Sauber (Crashed + 5 place grid penalty 24>24)

Edited by Emerald Emblem

6 races... 6 different winners? We're still on... If Grosjean can have a stormer 6 different constructors. That'd be pretty mental.