NEurope
CoolFunkMan

Resident Evil 6

A viral website has cropped up recently:

http://www.nohopeleft.com/

The site contains images of the phrase "No Hope Left" scattered around the world from Tokyo, Berlin and London to China, Sao Paulo and Johannesburg. Word is that, after some digging around, people have linked the site to WEBFUSION Ltd, who also developed the viral site for Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City. The date 19.01.2012 is also being teased, with a time of 14:00PST. Could this mean a Resident Evil 6 annoucement will land tomorrow?

All aboard the hype train! :heh:

Source: http://www.vg247.com/2012/01/18/no-hope-left-potential-re6-unveil-teased-for-tomorrow/

re6_poster-_full.jpg

According to promotional posters apparently leaked from retailer GameStop, Resident Evil 6 is coming to the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 later this year — specifically, on November 20, 2012.

IGN writes that Resident Evil 6 promo materials have popped up at some stores, pointing to a release later this year in North America. Additional unconfirmed reports indicate that Resident Evil regulars Chris Redfield and Leon Kennedy will star in the sixth core Resident Evil game, a title said to be in development at Capcom Japan.

Capcom is rumored to make an official Resident Evil 6 announcement later today, with events in San Francisco and Tokyo expected to promote Resident Evil Revelations, Operation Raccoon City and… more.

For now, we have as much confirmation as this promotional poster offers.

Terrible logo!

But I'm excited for a new Resi!! :D

Chris and Leon in same game shocker?!!! Hopefully Claire will be involved too what with her connection to them both... though not in a lame Jill Resi 5 way! Claire and Leon FTW!

Edited by Retro_Link

First half of the trailer seemed cool. Then, the Chris stuff kicked in and I couldn't help but feel "meh" about it.

... and I think that's the end of the Resident Evil series for me right there. :cry:

What THE FLYING FUCK have they gone and done to it???

I mean I know it took a change with Resi 4 and more so Resi 5... but that was barely recognisable! HONESTLY... if I'd have just seen that trailer not knowing it was a Resi game, I'd think it was a new Resi series cross-over with a cameo from Chris... I mean... that wasn't Leon! Chris stuff looked boring and then the trailer focused on some random new 'Wesker' type guy? for half of it.

And they really shouldn't have shown off such an early version, visually the game looks worse than Resi 5.

So much for the series taking Resident Evil Revelations as the classic foundations to move forward from, it's gone totally OTT action!

Hopefully the 3DS will carry on the series the way it should and Leon will turn up on that system at some point in the future.

It's been fun Resi, but unless 6 gets a dramatic makeover [which it won't] I think it'll probably be a no thanks.

*So glad we got Resi 4 before Capcom completely lost it*

Edited by Retro_Link

From the trailer I went from being so excited to a bit deflated. Lol.

Now I'm not saying I am not interested and there is no reason for me to judge a full game on a 3 minute trailer.

But first impressions wise: It looks too 'action' for my liking. Parts of it didn't look anything like the Resident Evil I love. I know 4 and 5 have slowly moved away from the survival horror feel, but this in parts looked like Gears of War or something! And that's not good to me!!

But who knows how it will shape up. I personally loved RE 5 to the point where I completed it on the ps3 and 360 with all achievements / trophies :p. That's how much I :love:

One thing though: WTF is with bringing Ashlee back?! That was her, right?

:hmm:

One thing though: WTF is with bringing Ashlee back?! That was her, right?

:hmm:

It looks like they've just used her being the Presidents daughter as a simple plot device to make the game more 'government/special ops' action I guess.

---

I hope the Mercenaries stuff is a side story?

Edited by Retro_Link

Capcom can't win, really. Even people that are "Resident Evil fans" all want different things from the series going forward, so clearly they're trying to address this by having multiple characters with differing play styles but that means everyone also has something to complain about.

Whatever, I'm sure I'll really enjoy it. It's such a convoluted franchise that I don't really care where they take it, at least until there's a proper reboot; there's only so much you can do laden down with all that series' baggage.

Capcom can't win, really. Even people that are "Resident Evil fans" all want different things from the series going forward, so clearly they're trying to address this by having multiple characters with differing play styles but that means everyone also has something to complain about.

Whatever, I'm sure I'll really enjoy it. It's such a convoluted franchise that I don't really care where they take it, at least until there's a proper reboot; there's only so much you can do laden down with all that series' baggage.

I think it's safe to say this is the reboot.

Wesker's no more (it seems), It's a new Racoon city, with Older characters, zombies are back, and the game has a new government take on things.

You say Capcom can't win, and yet everyone seems to agree Revelations is doing things right. Who would have complained if Resi 6 had done what that game's done?

My worst nightmare (and not in a good way!)

Why not just name it Call of Evil Gears 6 and be done with it? It's almost like the game is being designed by Capcom's board of directors (That Gears of War thing is pretty popular, let's steal the cover/roadie run mechanics from that game. It'll look great next to our Call of Duty explosions!). Focus tested garbage.

Thank god I've still got Revelations, or else I'd be done with the series for good (though I probably will be afterwards. No Hope Left indeed :( )

Edited by Dcubed

Chris Redfield and Leon Kennedy will not be alone in this new game. Both Chris and Leon will have unnamed partners of their own, teaming up in similar fashion to the Chris Redfield/Jessica Sherawat and Jill Valentine/Parker Luciani pairings in Resident Evil Revelations. Sources tell us Chris and Leon will have seperate stories in the game that will eventually overlap in some capacity.

We're also told Ada Wong will have a playable role in the game, though not immediately. It appears as though the Ada storyline will become available to players after the Chris and Leon arcs have been completed, plus a third primary narrative featuring a new character. Any of the three main story branches will be selectable early on in the game, allowing players to see each storyline through to completion before starting another one.

Three main story branches and Leon & Chris & Ada! :o

The Leon stuff looks really good, i mean really really great!

The Chris stuff erm not sure it reminded me of deus ex (think it was the futuristic oriental location) i suppose since he's in an organisation that deals with new threats we can't expect him to always be dropped into a huge area overrun with somehing. his bit seemed like him storming a research centre developing Bio weapons. it could be interesting.... as long as its not any more than 20/30% of the game, more of an into to his story.

The new guy..... unbelievable he has special blood, so i'm guessing he contracts the T-virus and gets all the benefits without the side effects/death.... Great resident evils Neo

Ive just watched that trailer and I only like Leon part, who thinks the last person is Alex [Wesker #] with Ashley?

329980_10150478824955146_41099335145_9271033_802667626_o.jpg

Executive producer Hiroyuki Kobayashi (RE1, RE2, REDC, RE2DS Version, RE3, RECVX, RE0, RE-make, RE4, REDS. DMC, DMC2, DMC3. Dino Crisis 1, 2 y 3. Sengoku Basara 1, SB2, SB2H, SBX, SBBH, SBSH, SBCH. PN03, Killer7, Under the Skin, Devil Kings, Dragon's Dogma)

Producer Yoshiaki Hirabayashi (Re-make, RE0, RE4, REUC, RE5, PN03, Sengoku Basara 3, Dino Crisis 3, Viewtiful Joe, Viewtiful Joe 2)

Director Eiichiro Sasaki (Star Gladiator, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Tech Romancer, Project Justice, Power Stone 2, Resident Evil Outbreak, Resident Evil Outbreak 2, Zack & Wiki, Bionic Commando)

Edited by Dante

That's Leon's radio partner from Resi 4 in the video right.

Ive just watched that trailer and I only like Leon part, who thinks the last person is Alex [Wesker #] with Ashley?
What a Wesker that's lost his memory???

I think it only looks like Wesker by a bit of coincidence. Plus that info you posted said it was a new character.

And though that blonde sounds like Ashley... isn't it more likely she's the blonde in Leon's part of the video.

I think it's safe to say this is the reboot.

Wesker's no more (it seems), It's a new Racoon city, with Older characters, zombies are back, and the game has a new government take on things.

You say Capcom can't win, and yet everyone seems to agree Revelations is doing things right. Who would have complained if Resi 6 had done what that game's done?

I mean a proper reboot, as in not being tied to a bullet dodging Wesker and about 17 different viruses. Think this year's Tomb Raider as opposed to Legend, which was more of a modernisation.

As for Revelations, the only review I've read said it was a bit of hodgepodge of elements from all the games, of which the Jill sections are the best. I'm not it's the pure return to form you're hoping for. Not that I'm entirely sure what a return to form would constitute for a series that's so muddled to begin with.

That's Leon's radio partner from Resi 4 in the video right.

What a Wesker that's lost his memory???

I think it only looks like Wesker by a bit of coincidence. Plus that info you posted said it was a new character.

And though that blonde sounds like Ashley... isn't it more likely she's the blonde in Leon's part of the video.

In Re5 reports files:

Alex was raised by Lord Oswell E. Spencer to become one of a superior breed of humans.

The project involved the abduction of a number of children thought to be of "superior" DNA. The children would then be given the surname Wesker in honor of the project's head researcher.

Alex researched and studied a virus for Spencer in order to find the secret to immortality for him. Out of all odds Alex accomplished this feat, but betrayed Spencer by disappearing and taking the results.

ieCadGrbhqKxZ.gif

The woman in the Leon bit isnt blonde, well she didnt look it to me.

The blonde with what might be Alex looks and sounds like Ashley.

As for Revelations, the only review I've read said it was a bit of hodgepodge of elements from all the games, of which the Jill sections are the best. I'm not it's the pure return to form you're hoping for. Not that I'm entirely sure what a return to form would constitute for a series that's so muddled to begin with.

Return to form more meaning a return to the roots of the RE series.

So more survival horror feel than the pure action that has been prominent throughout the last 2 console games.

From what I've seen of both Revelations and this though, Revelations looks much more appealing as a fan of the older RE games.