NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hal_9Million

Revolution Less than $299

The closest thing yet to an official price point just came from Satoru Iwata in an interview through Yahoo Japan. Mr. Iwata has stated that the Revolution will be in a different price point then the competitors, and that it will definitely be below $299 (stating the lowest price point for Xbox360).

Find the Original stoy here.

Well we all knew it was gonna be this way, but now it's been officially confirmed by Nintendo themselves. The question is, how much less than $299 is it going to be? Guesses anyone?

i'm expecting it to laucn at about 120 english pounds (as the cube launched around that price) but not sure what that would be in dollers

I would guess between $200-250.

unless its very under powered, I think thats a smart choice. basically it'll look under powered if its cheaper. if its a comparable price it will appear to be a comparable product for cheaper. if its markedly cheaper, it will looked like it is a markedly inferior product, which will cancel out the difference in price

I think £100 would be a smart choice. It puts the rev in a different price bracket completely. It'll be successful then as loads of people will buy it as a second console and also more people who don't play games will think about getting one too.

Im thinkin half-price here, so 199 seems about right, with no subsequent price drops, kinda the way iPods never change price.

Last I head was anywhere between $150-$250. The final price would depend on what Nintendo decide to bundle with it. They are debating on things like nunchuk(joystick attachment), game demo(aka MP:Hunters), full game, free downloads. There is also consideration based on some 3rd party request to have the classic style shell included as well. But the most likely price will be $199.

Having two revolutions is a must becuase of the download play function :) I have more than to TV's i can use so i dont want to use splitt screen anymore :yay:

If you look to the past, there is only one choise:

NES (launch price in US): 199$

SNES: 199$

N64: 199$

GC: 199$

the official statement from Iwata was 39,795 Yen (US$337), currently similar to the 360's Japanese retail.

If you look to the past, there is only one choise:

NES (launch price in US): 199$

SNES: 199$

N64: 199$

GC: 199$

But its a revolution ;)

Revolutions change things.

Depending on power anywhere between $150 and $250... If the 'leaked' specs by IGN are true I think $150 is possible.

Depending on power anywhere between $150 and $250... If the 'leaked' specs by IGN are true I think $150 is possible.

970Mhz CPU

325Mhz GPU

88MB 1t-sram

16MB A-Ram

Dont say much on how powerfull it will be.. We dont know the in detail specs.

All we can say it will be MUCH better the Xbox, since the Gamecube almost managed to be on par with less specs then the Xbox.

Oh it says a lot. Even if the GPU has 32 pipelines, shaders and blabla (meaning it would whoop the PS3 and 360 GPUs no problem) there's still only a tiny amount of memory and a CPU slowing it down.

I don't think those specs are the final ones though. The CPU should be able to get near 1.5 GHz and possibly be dual core. I can't imagine that they won't expand it with a decent amount of GDDR3 memory either.

Saturo Iwata said that the way Gamecube is designed, you could say it doesn't have main ram, just L1, L2, and a huge 24MB L3 cache.

So Nintendo will not mix in GDDR3 memory or any other memory, it will be more 1t-sram if they put more in.

And IF the "GPU has 32 pipelines, shaders and blabla (meaning it would whoop the PS3 and 360 GPUs no problem)", Nintendo won't sell Revolution for $150

Why would they want to do a GameCube all over again? The only reason they stuck with mostly 1T-SRAM in the Cube is because the Gekko somehow couldn't address normal DRAM - if you want to put data in the 16 MBs of ARAM you first have to write to the 1T-SRAM now. I can't imagine IBM hasn't solved that problem.

In the case of the super GPU they won't sell it for $150 - I know. If the specs stay this way though (the GPU being a double Flipper) they will.

Well I hope it's less then 200 euro's. Nintendo is going the same way as with the DS. Gameplay over grfx, I am all for that but not for 298 (which is lower then 300 heehehehhe).

Also they haven't really sold me yet on the gameplay mechanics, they can't really sell me on the grfx because we all know this will be lacking. Not that I think the grfx will be bad, but under PS3 and X360. I hope they show some stuff soon.

Don't know if I want one now....Ill just wait and see. First for me for a Nintendo system.(I have most of their systems) Hope everything goes well.

Sign in to follow this